Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 08-15-2011, 02:38 PM

Question He's in the box - what does this mean?

The letter I got from my boyfriend today didn't sound good at all He said he was writing me from "the box" He said he couldn't go into detail in the letter but he is trying to appeal it and will let me know what's going on when he gets out of "the box" ....I'm really worried, he said he had been adding to the letter since he first got in there but when he woke up on day 3 he said things are really getting to him in "the box" and he didn't want me to see the affects it was having on him so he wasn't going to write me from there. He has been in Charlotte County Jail in Florida for 3 months and has been so positive the whole time he's been in there, so I know it must be really bad for things to be getting to him! He only has 5 months left, unless whatever happened caused his gain time to get taken away Can anyone give me any information on what could possibly be going on? I just feel so confused and left in the dark since he didn't give me even the slightest hint about what happened. Like what does an inmate do to get sent to the box?? Do ALL of their privileges get taken away? Any input about going to the box/being in the box would be so greatly appreciated!

Last edited by MePlusHim4ever; 08-15-2011 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: Added another question
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2011, 02:44 PM

Well there are a couple of things they can do but the most likely one could be for fighting with another inmate...I hope you will hear from him again soon, and I pray he will be strong........
The Following User Says Thank You to GaPeachgirl For This Useful Post:
MePlusHim4ever (08-15-2011)
Old 08-15-2011, 02:51 PM

Thank you so much for your reply! I tried to be very encouraging with my response to him, in his letter he also said "Please don't be mad at me" I explained to him I would never get mad at him for anything that goes on in there because it's a situation I have never been in and don't TRULY know what it's like. I'm praying he stays strong also. Thank you again.
Old 08-15-2011, 03:19 PM

I'm thinking "the box" is "the hole". He must be waiting for a disciplinary hearing. Only he can tell you what really happened, but he could have gotten into a fight with another inmate. Stay strong. I know it's worrisome when our guys need us and we can't do anything for them.

The Following User Says Thank You to Amecia For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2011, 03:24 PM

Where is he, in FL? I just went through this myself. He will, or already has had, a hearing to determine his "sentence", and how much time he will lose and/or not gain while in there. Mine didn't lose any, but didn't accrue any the 2 months his "sentence" fell into plus the month after he got out. My first few letters worried me, but they got better as time went on. Just make sure you send him some paper and envelopes so he can write you if he chooses. And write him as much as you can so he has some contact with the outside world. He can order basic hygiene items while in the box, no food or things like that. If you have any other questions, feel free to PM me.
The Following User Says Thank You to MissingMyEdward For This Useful Post:
Old 08-15-2011, 04:02 PM

MissingMyEdward, Sorry to hear you went through the same thing with your guy! The jail he's in won't allow me to send paper and envelopes unfortunately : ( They don't even allow letters coming in from the outside! I have to send him postcards. Thanks so much for your reply : )
Old 08-15-2011, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MePlusHim4ever View Post
MissingMyEdward, Sorry to hear you went through the same thing with your guy! The jail he's in won't allow me to send paper and envelopes unfortunately : ( They don't even allow letters coming in from the outside! I have to send him postcards. Thanks so much for your reply : )
Is he still in county then? Our county is the same way with postcards. I hope you hear something soon

Last edited by MissingMyEdward; 08-15-2011 at 04:07 PM..
Old 08-15-2011, 04:07 PM

Thanks, me too!! Yes he is in Charlotte County.
Old 08-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by MePlusHim4ever
Thanks, me too!! Yes he is in Charlotte County.
MePlusHim4ever... he is in charlotte ? What dorm was he in do u know ? My man was there for 2 1/2 yrs... he was in D dorm