Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > When the Relationship is Over...
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

When the Relationship is Over... This forum is about discussing your thoughts, feelings and issues now that you and your incarcerated (or formerly incarcerated) loved one are no longer together. (This forum is NOT for bashing - please read the rules before posting.)

Old 06-26-2018, 05:28 AM
Donation Award 

Lightbulb Over: I feel free from him now & happy he can not manipulate me

Well here i am posting in this area but yes i can laugh as for a few months we were going through really bad times and we were heading down a path i didn't like and everything I said he took it or read it a different way and turned it back on me i was sending him $20 a month,then 6 weeks ago the quarterly food packages came up so I said instead of me sending him the $20 a month i would just pay for him a food package every quarter he said that would be better thank you,i paid $200 for it i also pay a monthly tv guide subscription for him so just over a week after getting the food package for him he started twisting my words so i sent him a jpay saying enough was enough ,i was going off jpay to let things calm down for us to both to think about things and if he wanted to contact me he could by letter well 4 weeks have passed nothing from him so on fathers day i re added him to Jpay to wish him Happy Fathers day he came back and said was this me now emailing me again and had i received a letter from him, i said no about the letter but yes to emailing again but at this time i didn't want a relationship with him but wanted to start fresh as friends and see where we ended up I told him i loved him and always would
anyway he tells me he has been moved to a new unit, he hates it, all his friends are in the old unit he is now in a cell on his own ,he lost the job he had because he moved and his daughter has moved thousands of miles away for work and that his tv guide has not come will i look in to it for him ,i said i knew about the tv guide as there had been a problem with my bank card but i was waiting from customer service as to when the guide would be sent out
Well yesterday i received a email from him asking me to send him $20 because he wanted to get a couple of games and a few new songs on his tablet but if i couldn't help him he would understand
I explained that at this time that i could not help him, as i was still paying the money back in to my bill account that i had took out to get him his monthly package and also i helped him out because of our relationship then and as we were trying to get our friendship back on track it was still no and as well we agreed that i would only help out with food packages
Well last night i got a reply from him ,not nice i might add but this is what made me laugh was he said " that under no curcumstances was i ever to send him money again as he would not except it , that i was only helping him out because i was in a relationship with him not because i liked him as a person and again i was not to send money to him , even if i begged to help him out "
and i was not to take offence at what he said , I do realise that all this was said in anger by him ,and he thought by him saying that he would guilt trip me in to sending the $20
I did laugh as i don't think he realised exactly what he was saying as i promptly wrote back and said the time apart had clearly not changed anything that It was over completely now between us that i would cancel his tv subscription as that was also paid for by my money ,i was not made of money and that if his family can not help him why should he expect me to help him I owe him nothing , that I was glad he was in there and never coming out ,that to take a good hard look at himself and he put himself in there not me ,that i believe he never sent me any letter and if it did come i would rip it up unopened and it would go in the bin,
I am still chuckling over him saying never ever send anything when he has no one else to help out I still think he didn't comprehend what he was saying and it has now backfired on him I have removed him from Jpay and will not be going back I feel free from him now and happy he can not manipulate me
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tinker8ell55 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (06-29-2018), fbopnomore (06-26-2018), ToFaswife (06-26-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-2018, 05:37 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 27,809 Times in 14,068 Posts

Sounds like it was a good move on your part to just walk away.
Good on you!

That's my dog's nose art

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sidewalker For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (06-26-2018), Tinker8ell55 (06-26-2018)
Old 06-26-2018, 06:05 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,509 Times in 1,525 Posts

Playing games and stupid excuses and then asking for stuff... what an ass... I'm glad you ended it!
a.rare.love (06-29-2018), Sarianna (06-26-2018), Tinker8ell55 (06-26-2018), ToFaswife (06-26-2018)
Old 06-26-2018, 06:41 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 8,991 Times in 3,798 Posts

Sounds like you are well rid of this guy.There are plenty of people who would appreciate a good friend and not try and manipulate for money.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to maytayah For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (06-29-2018), Sarianna (06-26-2018), Tinker8ell55 (06-26-2018)
Old 06-29-2018, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker8ell55 View Post
Well here i am posting in this area but yes i can laugh as for a few months we were going through really bad times and we were heading down a path i didn't like and everything I said he took it or read it a different way and turned it back on me i was sending him $20 a month,then 6 weeks ago the quarterly food packages came up so I said instead of me sending him the $20 a month i would just pay for him a food package every quarter he said that would be better thank you,i paid $200 for it i also pay a monthly tv guide subscription for him so just over a week after getting the food package for him he started twisting my words so i sent him a jpay saying enough was enough ,i was going off jpay to let things calm down for us to both to think about things and if he wanted to contact me he could by letter well 4 weeks have passed nothing from him

- and happy he can not manipulate me

1st: What a great lady you are for doing all this for him. a "realmente amiga chica." a #real friend and those men or women are so hard to find.

hola chica,
i am glad to read though you're not letting him manipulate you, that's a negative,and you don't need such negativity, only positive/goodness in tu vida, chica. (in your life) great to see you are not letting him manipulate you GOOD for you chica....! thats great. LIFE too short for a guy like this in your life, heck, you're able to do better by yourself, WHO NEEDS a amigo(friend) like him. HIS LOSS.NOT YOURS... You're going to be just fine.

hugs and blessings for you tonight, and god bless you... #SmartStrongGreatLadiesRock ...
---

CONSISTENCY..."is key.
loyalty,maturity + respect to his el reina,(his queen)
Without "action" applied to his words, it's not real.#DON'T SETTLE.

Last edited by a.rare.love; 06-29-2018 at 04:34 PM..