Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 05-02-2020, 01:58 PM

Default Is mail call slow now due to Covid?

I donít know if this goes here but I sent someone a letter and I saw the jail is fairly large and currently not taking any visitors so I assumed mail is backlogged ? Just curious
Sponsored Links
Old 05-02-2020, 02:13 PM

I think the mail is slow on some facilities and not in others. I can jpay my boyfriend(Texas) and it takes days for him to receive it. If I jpay my brother(also Texas but different facility) and he’ll get it the same day. But when I jpay my friend in New York he gets it the next day.

My boyfriends facility specifically is incredibly slow right now. It took weeks for them to mail his letters to me, and then days for them to give him mine. His facility has positive cases while my brother and friends do not.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bangers19 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (05-02-2020)
Old 05-03-2020, 02:24 AM

I think it depends on who's in the mailroom at the jail. I work at the post office & they've been making sure the mail goes out on time. When I send my letter it gets to San Quentin in 2days
Old 05-10-2020, 04:19 AM
Donation Award 

My love mail has been slower. It use to take 2 days to receive now it take 4 days. But my mail and packages have been taking forever too.
Old 05-10-2020, 06:51 AM

Thanked 1,188 Times in 345 Posts

I am unaware of any major changes in my facilities mail room.

understand that all agencies are being stretched thin. With postal carriers possibly going out with COVID and adding an increased load of online orders it can be understandable that things might take just a bit longer.

I don't know where you are at but my Amazon Prime is not delivering in 2 days anymore. It stands to believe everything to include normal letters is just a little slower all around.
Old 05-10-2020, 07:29 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,260 Times in 558 Posts

With no visits., packages and mail are increased, yet all funneling in through the same "space". So whether its the post office, mailrooms, or package rooms, every area is effected by the changes due to covid.
Old 05-10-2020, 08:52 AM

Iíve experienced slowness as well. My Fiancť just went from a Medium to a Max, the medium was amazing with mail but maybe due to the overload of mail itís possible there are some delays. Iím also trying to be positive since heís in SHU and that prison is HUGE, maybe itís a delay for that. Also, the post office by me has been effected badly with sick employees and they are short staffed. Thatís also a possibility with the post office. Amazon has them helping again so they may be overwhelmed. Hopefully everything goes smooth but we just have to wait.

I ❤️ You Mr.J

..Waiting is the hardest part in loving someone; you need to wait in order to know that it is true..
Old 05-10-2020, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug98 View Post
I think it depends on who's in the mailroom at the jail. I work at the post office & they've been making sure the mail goes out on time. When I send my letter it gets to San Quentin in 2days
I have to agree. I just noticed all my mail was picked up at his last location a week before he was transferred and he never received it so now itís going to be forwarded causing a delay.

I ❤️ You Mr.J

..Waiting is the hardest part in loving someone; you need to wait in order to know that it is true..