Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > PTO Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO Lounge Come in... put your feet up and relax... talk about anything non-prison related! Hobbies, Books, Technical and Do it Yourself, Travel and more.

Old 07-14-2010, 07:46 AM
Account Closed

Thanked 4,535 Times in 2,021 Posts
Question What is up with Mel Gibson?

Your thoughts on Mel......
Sponsored Links
Old 07-14-2010, 07:48 AM
Banned

Thanked 20,075 Times in 7,413 Posts

I was wondering the same thing!!Someone at work last night showed me the paper where supposedly he was quoted as saying she deserved it.(when she questioned him about hitting her when she was holding the baby.)I sincerely hope he was simply misquoted.I have no idea what to think.
Old 07-14-2010, 08:34 AM
Account Closed

Thanked 6,456 Times in 3,301 Posts

It is hard without knowing whether the tapes that have been released are authentic or not. However, if they are he is a very hateful man, that thinks because he has money he can treat a female any way he chooses. I say that, because he said it many times on the tapes. He is extremely abusive and needs help. If he was physically abusive as the tape implies, then he should also be brought up on criminal charges. Although I am not sure if tapes are admissible in his home state, if not charges would be hard without evidence. If true, his behavior is inexcusable.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:00 PM

Thanked 5,159 Times in 2,378 Posts

I am not sure what to think. As a woman who has been brutally beaten and abused, I find it odd that instead of going to the police, she went to the press! There are women out there who make this stuff up to get money or to ruin men. It is pitiful because then there is a reluctance to believe the legitimate cases.
Old 07-14-2010, 02:09 PM
My baby is home !!

Thanked 1,156 Times in 993 Posts

I'm not sure what to think either about it. If it is true then he needs help you don't treat a women like that...

He's Home as of 7/17/2010
Old 07-14-2010, 02:18 PM
Account Closed

Thanked 6,456 Times in 3,301 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by only1love View Post
I am not sure what to think. As a woman who has been brutally beaten and abused, I find it odd that instead of going to the police, she went to the press! There are women out there who make this stuff up to get money or to ruin men. It is pitiful because then there is a reluctance to believe the legitimate cases.
From my understanding she didn't go to the press(well she wasn't supposed,she has a gag order) someone in the court house or something leaked it.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:16 PM

Thanked 4,003 Times in 906 Posts

I don't know Mel Gibson and don't much care one way or the other but I am aware of what the media had to say about my wife and therefore not a fan of going to the media for accurate information. It's truth and accuracy quotion falls somewhere below, and just out of sight, of Wikipedia.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:21 PM

Thanked 7,479 Times in 2,605 Posts

Apparently, he's a biggot. He hid it well for years.
Old 07-14-2010, 04:25 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Yes, his verbal assault on a cop of a different heritage was a real eye opener, but he blamed that on drinking. I think he has always been like this and managed to keep it hidden.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:39 PM
muyas wife

i love mel but he is a drinker, and left his wife and kids in australia for another women now hes hitting,,, not any way cool mel!!!

my soulmate is now home!!
Old 07-14-2010, 05:54 PM

I don't think any of this is our business. I like the good old days of hollywood where we didnt know and we didnt care who was drinking or cheating or gay all we cared about is can they act? I think he will be fine scandal makes stars look at Kimk and Rayj I could go on even Robert downey jr crawled in to a lil girls room and passed out in his doped up haze. Look at him now. As far as i can see SHE broke up a home in order to get fame and money and now she found a way to do it without mel.Its sad that all these sluts breaking up relationship get such notoriety for being home wreckers
The Following User Says Thank You to MisslonelyHart For This Useful Post:
crazy2010 (07-16-2010)
Old 07-14-2010, 06:37 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,980 Times in 1,052 Posts

The first movie that I ever saw with Mel Gibson was "The year of Living Dangerously" . I liked him in "Mad Max" the one with my girl Tina Turner and then the "Lethal Weapon" series. There was never anything written about him in the tabloids (not that I read them) during his early career. All people knew he was married and had 6 children sons I believe it was with his long time wife. It wasn't till he made the movie "The Passion of the Christ" and "Apacalypto" his personal life start going down hill. He questioned his faith the relationship with his father and ended up getting divorced a marriage after 28 years. His life went downhill so to speak ever sense. Some of you may not believe that men go through the change of life like women but they do just in a different way...Some will go astray mostly with younger women and end up leaving the marriage then have regrets along with getting bitter because the relationship didn't turn out the way they expected it to.

Last edited by Imani; 07-14-2010 at 06:50 PM..
Old 07-14-2010, 11:44 PM
his wifey

Thanked 1,512 Times in 799 Posts

I think something must have happened to him that is eating him up inside and he is lashing out at anyone and anything. He is drowning his problems in the bottom of a bottle. He is a very angry man. He needs help. He is screaming for help.
BlueEyedEllie (07-15-2010), SpicaRigel (07-19-2010)
Old 07-14-2010, 11:59 PM

He is desperately unhappy to the point of hysterical madness. He is screaming and crying for help cos he feels helpless and very very scared. ALso he lost everything ( respect, dignity, fame, sobriety, ha ha, and credibility) when he left his wife and sons for a gold digger. Paul McCartney must be chuckling to himself.....I almost, just almost, feel a bit sorry for him....
Old 07-15-2010, 01:27 AM
It is what it is
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,542 Times in 2,249 Posts

All's I can say about it is that only God knows his heart. And it's only God who will judge him accordingly.
Old 07-15-2010, 06:30 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by afirsttimer View Post
I think something must have happened to him that is eating him up inside and he is lashing out at anyone and anything. He is drowning his problems in the bottom of a bottle. He is a very angry man. He needs help. He is screaming for help.
I can't help but wonder if the guilt of leaving his wife is eating him up inside??Guilt,shame,regret,etc can make a person go mad.I also agree with allmb.The media is RARELY 100% truthful and unbiased.politics being the most obvious example!!
Old 07-15-2010, 07:28 AM

I really think this is another Tiger Woods and really I am so tired of the press ripping peoples lives apart and I really don't care if he doesn't like anyone but himself. Everyone has a right to think the way they want to.. We may not think its right we still have the right to think it... We may not be able to voice it without being one of those minorities he is be itching about without being crucified... But that is his right to say what he wants... Its his choice to do as he likes and to deal with the affects of that choice and we really have no right to judge him, nor does the press!

From the sounds of it this woman should have gotten out of there long before now.... if she can go after someone else's man she can sure as heck find another one to run to... And believe me the things that they say he is saying is being said by a really pissed off man! as for getting help... yeah he most likely needs it but then the So called Doctors that are on these news stations giving their have no right to tell anyone anything about someone they have never even spoken to.

Always and Forever
Deborah & George

My George is Home
March 1, 2012

Old 07-15-2010, 09:39 AM
Account Closed

Thanked 4,535 Times in 2,021 Posts

They were playing some new tape on TV this morning. And it was so bad, it sounded like he is possessed by the devil.

I kinda believe in the devil. And yes, the devil can come in the form of alcohol.

And yes, I agree the media can twist things.

And yes, this woman is seen as a gold digging, home wrecker...BUT,SHE DID NOT DO IT ALONE.

I guess everyone is reaping what they have sowed.
Old 07-15-2010, 10:53 PM
his wifey

Thanked 1,512 Times in 799 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcsbeth View Post
I can't help but wonder if the guilt of leaving his wife is eating him up inside??Guilt,shame,regret,etc can make a person go mad.I also agree with allmb.The media is RARELY 100% truthful and unbiased.politics being the most obvious example!!
I think this is playing a HUGE role in his behavior. He lost his wife and, if I'm not mistaken, 6 sons.
BlueEyedEllie (07-16-2010)
Old 07-16-2010, 05:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tennwife View Post
They were playing some new tape on TV this morning. And it was so bad, it sounded like he is possessed by the devil.

I kinda believe in the devil. And yes, the devil can come in the form of alcohol.

And yes, I agree the media can twist things.

And yes, this woman is seen as a gold digging, home wrecker...BUT,SHE DID NOT DO IT ALONE.

I guess everyone is reaping what they have sowed.
Everything you say here is so true!!The only people i feel bad for are his ex wife,6 sons and baby daughter.God only knows the kind of morals this innocent baby will grow up learning.
Old 07-16-2010, 06:06 PM
I love my doofas!

Thanked 7,133 Times in 3,712 Posts

The whole thing is kinda bizarre... I mean he never had a problem with his ex-wife and now all of a sudden he's some angry, racist, abuser???

I have heard the tapes and obviously he DID say all those things.... but I dunno, she seems like she's scripted the whole time. Me thinks its a huge set up on her part.

Old 07-16-2010, 06:46 PM
Banned

Thanked 2,119 Times in 1,147 Posts

I think I don't really care what happens with mel, Jen, Oprah, Dr phil. Got way too many problems of my own!!
Old 07-17-2010, 07:42 AM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,385 Times in 1,088 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss_A View Post
All's I can say about it is that only God knows his heart. And it's only God who will judge him accordingly.
I am with you Miss A.

I have always admired Mel Gibson's acting ability that is about all I know of him.

However, I have the feeling that if I ever had the chance to know him personnally I would not like the man.

Bigotry and especially violence are two traits in an individual that I will not tolerate.

Patti
Old 07-19-2010, 06:01 PM
Still I Rise ~M. Angelou

Thanked 1,670 Times in 763 Posts

Mel said a while back that he is bipolar. That mixed with alcoholism, hatred for women and other races, etc. and then you get the guy we heard on the tapes. I feel for Oksana having to share custody with him, because he has threatened to burn the house down and has said he feels like hurting himself and others. I think she just wants to protect the baby. Plus get a chunk of change since she all but gave up her singing career to be his woman.