Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Parents with Children in Prison > The Parents Forum Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2008, 07:33 PM
Account Closed

Thanked 5,005 Times in 1,494 Posts
Default What do you see out your window?

I posted this earlier, somehow it did not make a new post.

So......
I was driving this morning, through the Blue Ridge Mountains. I was thinking of ya'll and just listening to worship music. My breath was taken from me. I can not remember a spring that all the flowers are so vibrant. Our Barlett pear trees are blooming as well as the Dogwood trees. As I am driving down my favorite road it is lined with pink dogwood trees I was in such awe of God.

I feel a newness in the spring. I hope you all do too. A new beginning perhaps? I have walked this journey with the Lord for two years. We have 13 months and 1 day as of Easter Sunday before my son is released.

I have seen growth, I have felt paralizing fear and anxiety, I have felt hopeless. My emotions have been all over the place.

I feel as if the Lord has given me months of reprieve. As I was smelling the fragrance of a orange blossom today I felt hope for the first time.

I encourage all that has just started this journey. Keep the faith, believe and have hope. God will give you nothing more than you can handle.

When you feel overwhelmed as I did today. He will place in your path some joy. I saw and felt the Lord's artistry and felt peace. The yellow daffodils made me want to dance and sing.

I serve the same God you all do.... If He did it for me He will do it for you!
I need all of you just as much now or maybe even more than ever.

What is outside your window? I want to see what you do?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-2008, 07:41 PM
Never giving up

Thanked 1,128 Times in 350 Posts

I see SNOW, SNOW AND STILL MORE SNOW We are getting hit AGAIN - EEK !!

But I do get the thought you were passing along. It was nice and thank you.

The Blue Ridge Mountains are beautiful - I drove the whole BR highway from one end to another one summer - it does make one applaud God for his beauty.

I just wish we could see some flowers instead of that danged snow
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leenie46 For This Useful Post:
justjoni1223 (12-02-2008), sassiegrammy (10-17-2008)
Old 03-27-2008, 08:14 PM
He's My Son

Thanked 1,469 Times in 432 Posts

This is what I see, and thanks for asking!

I live (and work) on a main road, however it's also located on a river with a bay across the highway. So I'm truly blessed to see God's beautiful sunrise on the bay; and the sunset reflecting up the river almost to my door. People stopped sometimes in the evening to take pictures, but there's not been a picture that reflects what you see. Every morning while drinking my coffee as the sun comes up, there are a couple of egrets trying to catch their breakfast and waiting on me to toss them some minnows. I have a broken-wing pelican who comes up to the door to remind me to feed him, if I don't go out soon enough. I feed my two dogs their morning "hot dog", and Miss Priss, the cat, her kitty treats, and the birds. Then I watch the pelican snap at the cat and the small dog if they get too close. Off and on, a couple of neutras will swim around, and on occasions the neighborhood gator will lurk in and around. I see life, in God's beautiful world. It may not always be this beautiful, as the southeast wind brings the tide in my yard and under my house on a regular basis in the summer time; However that sunset from God makes it all worth it; and my little wild kingdom is quite cool, as there's a variety of seagulls, pelicans, waterducks, striped egrets, in addition to my birds.

Home Is Where The Heart Is
&
He's Home!!

Last edited by I'm His Mom; 03-27-2008 at 08:15 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to I'm His Mom For This Useful Post:
justjoni1223 (12-02-2008), sassiegrammy (10-17-2008)
Old 03-27-2008, 08:26 PM
Giving Our Boys to God!

Ditto to all of you that davidsmom said! I see some snow and some dead dirt out my window with lots of trees that I hope will start to get new leaves on soon. Thanks for sharing! God Bless You!
The Savior is waiting, somewhere above,

to give you His grace, and send you His love.
May God fill your day with blessings!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to ViCharliesMom For This Useful Post:
justjoni1223 (12-02-2008)
Old 03-27-2008, 09:14 PM
The Lord is my strength
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,782 Times in 791 Posts

Well, my Michigan friends, sounds like you're blessed with the same weather we're receiving in Iowa Snow! I couldn't believe it. But, praise the Lord! This is still the day that the Lord has made. We can choose to rejoice and be glad in it! I will say, as my coworkers and I were looking out and up today and watching the giant snowflakes come down, we were amazed at the wonder of it all: millions of snowflakes filling the sky and to think that not one is the same ... Amazing! You are so right, Jill, God's artistry is everywhere; we just have to take time to notice and appreciate it.

"And all things you ask in prayer, believing, you will receive." ~ Matthew 21:22

Old 03-27-2008, 10:30 PM

Thanked 1,499 Times in 584 Posts

well my darlings,today in GA,first of all,it was 74 today,amen,ga does have pretty spring times,but i have a farm,a big typical white huge farmhouse that are so common in our state,many many acres to walk,but outside my window i see hummingbirds,yes sir,they are all around already,a couple a weeks ago,i got out all the feeders and washed them and loaded them up,thinking its really to early but you never know,i have a small one i have hung on my kitchen window,a few days ago,i was making a pot of coffie and i saw a shadow moving around like crazy,i turned around and there they were,two of them fighting over the feeder,i was sooo still,afraid to move,but they kept coming back,well,and alll of my bulbs i set out last fall are busting through,it makes me so happy to see this new beginning,but at the same time im so sad,cant figure it out,
Old 03-27-2008, 10:36 PM
Giving Our Boys to God!

What a beautiful place it sounds like MomaK! Oh to have 74 degrees again. Can I come to your house for a while please ? LOL I love hummingbirds! Have you ever heard of a moth hummingbird? I never have until last year when my husband passed away. My daughter had prayed that God would give us a sign that Bill was near us. All of a sudden this hummingbird appeared. It was incredible seeings how in the nine years I lived in PA I never once seen a hummingbird there. I took all sorts of photos of this hummingbird and come to find out it is a moth hummingbird. It's beautiful and loved our butterfly bush! What a true sign that God is our creator.
The Savior is waiting, somewhere above,

to give you His grace, and send you His love.
May God fill your day with blessings!!!!

Old 03-27-2008, 11:43 PM

amen sister,and yes,lo and behold should kim get a sister come visit,we could walk this land and i could show you some pretty things god has offered us to look at,a moth hummingbird,no havnt heard of him but you can bet i will google it before i go to bed tonight,so i can watch for one,and if you want to see butterflys,and hummingbirds,plant lantana bushes,plant and they will come,love ya vi,moma k
Old 03-27-2008, 11:45 PM

by the way,i do love my home,its a small piece of heaven,this is the kind of home that heals broken hearts,when you get this close to nature,you just know god has to be close by.
Old 03-28-2008, 05:52 AM
Bars cannot keep out God

Thanked 22,996 Times in 6,342 Posts

Vi, I saw only two moth butterflies here in PA, one just last year.
I look out and see the woods behind my house that go down to a small creek. the birds are nesting, the snow is gone....let us pray.
lol
there is a stack of firewood to use in my two woodburners to heat the house, and squirrels, chipmunks, and a stray cat of two now and then.

Old 03-28-2008, 06:15 AM
Never giving up

Thanked 1,128 Times in 350 Posts

davidsmomma - thank you so much for this post - it has opened my eyes when they would of been closed. Last night I posted about that horrible snow coming down again. This morning I got up and everything was beautiful - snow and all. Trees were all coated, a white mist hung in the air, roads were all white still and not muddy and polluted looking...it looked like a picture perfect winter scene. Even tho it involved snow - it was beautiful. Thank you for waking me up to the beauty of nature and God instead of just been annoyed with the weather (again)
Old 03-28-2008, 08:34 AM
Mary
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,753 Times in 1,035 Posts

What lovely visions I have from reading your sweet posts.

Yesterday, I was walking in a parking lot going to my car and it was snowing....... but it was snowing the largest flakes I'd ever seen --- they were like puffs of cotton, not just flakes -- and it looked animated, almost. They were just lovely! I stopped. I put my hand out to catch one, but the instant it hit my hand, it was gone.

It reminded me that some things of beauty are not ours to hold, but to watch.... and enjoy.... with our hands at our sides.

Thank you, God, for giving me some thing so beautiful to see.
The Following User Says Thank You to MDF1965 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2008, 09:31 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,498 Times in 1,923 Posts

what beautiful pictures, from your eyes,
this morning i woke up stepped outside saw Persilla the white egret and Gorge the great blue heron..(yup my names for them,)..walked to the dock and surveyed the water for a manatee. decided to take a early morning kayak trip. befor all the tour boats start scaring the manatee into deeper water. and floated into the 3 sisters springs... there are no words to describe the beauty of these springs...with the steam rising along with the sun ..did not see any manatee today..maybe later..
. the only flakes i saw were..3 guys with there beer guts hanging over there bathing suits...

Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forward. ~Soren Kierkegaard

The Following User Says Thank You to justadeb For This Useful Post:
Old 03-28-2008, 09:50 AM

Thanked 1,269 Times in 341 Posts

I long for Spring.... I'm soooooo not a winter person!
Well, here on Cape Cod, we don't really get a spring, we go from winter to summer. It will warm up in May. It did hit almost 50 a couple of days ago, so I planted some pansies with the kids, and mulched that garden.
We live in a home we restored, a 1790 Cape, then we added on a new kitchen, sun room, and a garage with a family room over it. I see a family of Cardinal's outside my kitchen window on a frequent basis. Our cul-de-sac runs into the marsh. We see and hear coyotes a lot. They are scarey!
My best views of God's creation are when I fly. I see lots of red cranberry bogs, (ocean spray owns many of them, near the airport where I fly out of), I see the Cape Cod Canal, the ocean, one area of cliffs with houses right on the edge-every storm news reporters are out there waiting for them to slip away...). My favorite flight is on the way to Connecticut. I see the Newport, RI mansions, all the water, and inlets, the tall bridges, boats. I can see Block Island in the distance. Flying around Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket is gorgeous too. I love the view of the islands from the air! I catch sunsets from the air pretty frequently. I love the earth the Lord created.... Thanks for the reminder.
PS- my heart is down on Daufuskie Island, SC, it's between SC and Savannah, GA. I love it there......
Old 03-28-2008, 10:13 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,417 Times in 588 Posts

What a wonderful post.
I'm in sunny California, I just finished looking out my window. I see a beautiful blue sky, the morning glory's and passion vines are blooming. I can smell the pink jasmine. The hummingbirds love the vines. The birds are drinking from the fountain. I can see our 3 little puppies that were so sick with parvo last Thanksgiving, God healed them! They are chasing butterfies and running up and down the hills. Playing with the puppies is my son, the one God brought home to me from prison in November of 2006..
I am in awe every time I see God's work in my life, whether it's the birds, the flowers, the puppies, or my two sons.
I truly Am Blessed!
Our God is an Awesome God!
Old 03-28-2008, 10:27 AM

You all have not seen a sunrise/sunset as beautiful as here in Arizona.

the colors ! oh my. and I was never much for clouds, till we moved here. now, even snow/rain clouds are most gorgeous.
Old 03-28-2008, 01:40 PM

I have watched nature’s rebirth this year more than at any other time in my life. I hope it is a sign of better times. However, until I read this post I had not truly taken the time to examine it and glory in it.

I live on 25 acres and have about 6 or 8 cleared around my house. My office is about 15 feet up, so I have a wonder view. As I look out my window, I see hundreds of trees. There is the tender grass growing beneath and the trees have beautiful fresh leaves. The green color is so pure and clean and light. The dogwoods stand out like white beacons amongst all the beautiful green. I have 12 bridal wreaths that look like white fountains. There are 2 wisteria bushes that are totally full of lilac flowers that resemble chandeliers, and they give off a sweet smell and there are huge bumble bees flying around it. They remind me of my dad and how as kids they would catch them and tie strings around them and walk them as pets. There are several different birds all trilling away. When you look out you can see the Cardinals everywhere. Their color almost hurts the eyes it is so red. Dozens of squirrels are running and chasing each other. As I open the door to let my boys, Jaegar, Shadow, and Bubba (German Shepherds) out, they all tear off down the stairs chasing the squirrels. As they congregate under the tree, our chicken, who just showed up one day unannounced, comes to join them and scratches around for bugs. As I open the door to let them back in, Shadow sneaks in a chicken egg and waits until he is on the carpet to break it open!

I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of the newborn fawns. We could sit and watch them for hours. They are so beautiful and peaceful. As we watch them, we always talk in hushed tones even though we are inside and they cannot hear us. I recall one fawn from last year that I was sure was a male because he would run and buck and jump and it was such a sight. At the end of summer I saw his little knubs coming out and knew he was a buck. I know it is ridiculous, but I felt as though that little buck was my little boy running and playing, and I took such joy in being able to witness his first year. I have gotten way off topic now. Thank you, Davidsmom, for such a wonderful post.
Old 03-28-2008, 10:45 PM

Thanked 1,065 Times in 514 Posts

Right now my imput would be that I live on a very busy street that is considered a main artery through town. I see a lot of ambulance and fire truck runs and right now as I sit at my puter I see a police stop - I assume for speeding since back up was not called. The house down the street has someone living in it who has health problems and I see the fire dept rescue there quite often.

If I go for a walk, due to the nature of the busy street I see a lot of garbage thrown to the side of the road as people throw their stuff out their windows never thinking about it, but if I look at peoples yards or get off the main street I see the beautiful signs of spring. I'm not sure what the significance of that is - I guess two sides of one coin - the good and the bad. You drive by you miss the garbage, but you also miss the flowers.
The Following User Says Thank You to tigrldy For This Useful Post:
moma k (10-18-2008)
Old 03-28-2008, 11:41 PM

I was just outside, and it is snowing...a very soft gentle snow, its dark out and we can see the snow in the light of the streetlight, its sticking on the tree branches and they are backlit by the same light...it so pretty. My daughters friend is here and she was saying that someone told her the other day that since it is Spring now she should think of the snow as gentle rain.
The Following User Says Thank You to perque For This Useful Post:
moma k (10-18-2008)
Old 03-29-2008, 01:34 AM
Danielsmom

Thanked 1,011 Times in 471 Posts

Well it is 2:32 Am so I see nothing but the house across the street outside my window. But I do hear my adorable little beagle Abby snoring if that makes a difference. That is what happens when you don't leave work until midnight.

The Following User Says Thank You to jeffsue1999 For This Useful Post:
moma k (10-18-2008)
Old 03-29-2008, 04:22 AM
Account Closed

Thanked 5,005 Times in 1,494 Posts

Thank you all for sharing. I have been on a wonderful trip even if its just in your words and descriptions.

Chryls.... your post was so awesome. I too love the fawns. Last year I was sitting on my breezeway. I was seeking the Lord big time and feeling out of sorts. As I looked up a BRAND NEW fawn was looking at me. He was bumping into the house. I sat with my mouth wide opened. I felt at that time he really was sent to me to get me a sign. A new beginning.

As the summer ran into fall, I would drive down the long long driveway. My little fellow had a twin sister! They grew up before my eyes. They seemed to know who I was as they were never scared of me. Too cool. I will never forget that.

Yes..... God uses nature and animals to speak to us. We have to just look around. I tell my son this. Even if he is behind those walls, if he looks hard enough He will see God.

Have a wonderful day. May the Lord put something breathtaking in your path.
Old 03-29-2008, 08:56 AM

Thanked 5,986 Times in 2,051 Posts

I live in a house that is walled in, so from my living room I can only see the wall and my rose bushes and bouganvillia, but from this room in the back, I have a beautiful view of the mountains towards Queretaro. The lights are phenominal at night.

Wendy
Old 03-29-2008, 10:44 AM

Thanked 5,986 Times in 2,051 Posts

I almost forgot, the Jacarand trees bloom all through easter, and they are in full bloom right now. They are a vivid purple, and I can see the top of one over the wall, next week or so the purple will be all gone and back to green.

Wendy
Old 03-29-2008, 01:55 PM
Bars cannot keep out God

Thanked 22,996 Times in 6,342 Posts

this post is like a spa...LOL

The Following User Says Thank You to jancy For This Useful Post:
moma k (10-18-2008)
Old 10-17-2008, 07:22 AM
Account Closed

Thanked 7,103 Times in 2,851 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jancy View Post
this post is like a spa...LOL
I was just thinking that soooooooooo relaxing......peaceful.