Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > CALIFORNIA > California General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

California General Prison Talk Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in California that do not fit into any other California subforum.

Old 05-22-2006, 07:46 PM

Default Does anyone know about a 21 day quarantine?

This may be a rumor so I dont want to alarm anyone. My husband was scheduled to leave this morning from LA county and they put him back in Mens central because of some bad milk or something at Delano reception. Later, a trustee came by his cell and said that bad milk got into all the state prisons and they are on a 21 day quarantine starting today.(so he thinks now he cant get transferred for another 21 days) I am WELL AWARE there are a lot of rumors that float around there so I called Delano but the operator said she is not allowed to give out info so I have to call back tomorrow and talk to the Public Assistant. I am wondering if anyone knows anything about this?

Thanks
Old 05-22-2006, 08:04 PM

I just got back from a service in KVSP on C yard. Nothing was said by the staff about this. in fact i was told that D yard might be off of lockdown by wednesday and i might be having my regular servce there. The milk comes from several prisons so it is hard to believe that all the prisons would be locked down.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:07 PM

Thank you for your response. I really appreciate it.

Last edited by sarahlm; 05-22-2006 at 08:09 PM..
Old 05-22-2006, 11:54 PM

Nevermind-he just called me to say they called him out to state. If I had a dime for every rumor he's heard in there.
Old 05-23-2006, 01:42 AM
His Rosepedal 4ever

So finally the time has arrived, Sarahim, huh?? He must be SP4 now...and back in IRC to go out in the morning.......Once he's out - it will tell you where he went for Reception - Delano or Wasco.....so check it after 9:00AM and it will most likely be updated.....

Now on to the next part of the journey......hang in there!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlm
Nevermind-he just called me to say they called him out to state. If I had a dime for every rumor he's heard in there.

~Our love began at forever & ends at never.....~

Old 05-23-2006, 11:23 AM

Yup, he left this morning. Delano. Thanks for everything!!! You are so sweet Jordanrae. I really appreciate you following me along in this and always there to help and encourage!!
As for not talking to him for a while, at this point, it sucks but Im just glad he is finally out. I mean he really was convinced that were going to make him do his whole sentence there
Old 05-23-2006, 11:29 AM
Ronnie's Lady Love!!!

Well my fiance has been there since 5/3/06 (Delano...) Since you are so close to me, after he sends you the visitor's form, we can go up together if you like... Call the Inmate locator as early as tomorrow and you may be able to get his CDC number . Get the address too
Old 05-23-2006, 11:35 AM

Hey, yeah, I was just wondering about you and Ronnie. We should go up together. I will write my husband to look for him. Thanks for responding. I will PM you.
Old 05-23-2006, 11:46 AM
Ronnie's Lady Love!!!

Thumbs up

Sounds great!!! It is going to be really hard till you hear from him. I finally started hearing from him last week. He didn't tell me anything about anything that had to do with milk in his letters. If he tells me anything, I will let you know

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahlm
Hey, yeah, I was just wondering about you and Ronnie. We should go up together. I will write my husband to look for him. Thanks for responding. I will PM you.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:14 PM

Default CDC Quarantine

Hi, My husband is at Sierra Conservation Camp (CDC prison) in Jamestown, CA. I just spoke with him yesterday (Saturday May 27, 2006). He told me ALL California prisoners are in quarantine.

Although I have not read that this is related, I have since read that there is a report of a man in the San Diego County jail system who exposed inmates there to tuberculoisis (TB). The man was arrested on Feb 21, 2006 (the day my husband went into SD county jail to begin a four year term in the CDC system) and later quarantined in early May, 2006, where he remains until he is treated and no longer contagious. This man could have exposed local jailhouse inmates to TB and likely he did. These same inmates (like my husband) later went on into the CDC system, ending up all over the state and possibly beyond, risking an epedemic of TB in the CDC system.

I'm wondering if that is the true reason for the quarantine. In April, I recall phoning Jamestown Visitor Center and hearing a recording that all inmates were being tested for TB. At the time, I thought it was routine.

I am looking for more information to support or shoot down this TB theory. Any help ot there?? Thanks, Illegalsmile
Old 05-28-2006, 03:22 PM

Interesting-keep us updated if you find out more. Thanks.
Old 05-28-2006, 08:28 PM

I have read on here somewhere that there was some sort of illness going around. Stomach related. I think some were actually hospitalized. Also in the Ca. news forum there is something about the guy with TB. There was a routine tb test for all Ca inmates last month. My son is in camp and he got a tb test and I read here from others whose loved ones got tb tests. My son told me something about some tainted milk but I guess not all facilities get milk from the same place. Hope this helps a little. Just wanted to let you know that there are 2 different issues and they are not related.