Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WASHINGTON > Washington Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Washington Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions Topics & discussions about specific Prison & Jails in the state of Washington.

Old 12-05-2020, 11:54 AM

Default Walla Walla wives, anyone have insight??

Walla:
My husband's in the IMU. I havent heard from him in a week. This is not normal. (We're strong and beyond good. I have no worries in our relationship.) Im just concerned because this isn't normal. Even if he was "goin through it", he'd still call one of us. Noone else in the family has heard from him either. He would have called one of us by now. I called down there and was told he's okay. But they lie. Im wondering if anyone else has heard from their loved ones in the IMU, or if there's something going on over there due to covid. I know they're restricting movement but not sure if that includes the IMU as they're already so isolated. Any feedback would be appreciated as I'm worried.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-05-2020, 03:59 PM
Crazy Cajun Admin
Donation Award 

Thanked 19,841 Times in 7,680 Posts

I know you're worried, and I would be too, but it's prison. He's probably doing everything in his power to call, but sometimes when they are locked up, it is what it is. AND, with all this Covid stuff going on, there's no telling what kind of restrictions they are being placed under.

The Following User Says Thank You to LifeTraveler For This Useful Post:
Dearygal (12-05-2020)
Old 12-06-2020, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 10,000 Times in 3,895 Posts

I can't say this is true at Walla Walla, but in Oregon, DOC finally started taking Covid seriously ('bout damned time). They're trying to disinfect the phones between each use and it's really slowing down the use of the phones. With IMU, it'll be even that much slower since the guys have to rotate around.

You might try calling the chaplain and seeing if he can tell you what's going on. I've found the chaplains (most of them at least) to be much more forthcoming with information than the general information line.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
Dearygal (12-06-2020), LifeTraveler (12-06-2020)
Old 12-06-2020, 01:06 PM

Is there a thread by chance with contacts, such as the chaplain? Im not finding one but I remember seeing one before in the forums. A thread with a list of contacts
Old 12-07-2020, 07:54 AM
Super Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 10,000 Times in 3,895 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dearygal View Post
Is there a thread by chance with contacts, such as the chaplain? Im not finding one but I remember seeing one before in the forums. A thread with a list of contacts
There was a thread like that once, but it was severely outdated (it included prison information for prisons that were shuttered a long time ago).

You should be able to get the chaplain's phone number by calling the main number. I wasn't able to find it on WADOC's website either
The Following User Says Thank You to GingerM For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (12-07-2020)
Old 12-08-2020, 04:09 PM

Update: hes fine. They ran yard after I started my shift so thats why he didn't call. I told him I was worried sick! He said babe, if your phones not ringing its cause I didn't go to yard, you know that.
:/
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dearygal For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (12-08-2020), GingerM (12-10-2020), LifeTraveler (12-08-2020)