Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Specific Discussions + Lock Down Status All discussions relating to specific Texas Department of Criminal Justice prison units, Texas State Jails & Private prisons, and County Jails.

Old 06-26-2019, 09:34 PM

Default Looking for info on Bradshaw State Jail

Does anyone have a loved one at Bradshaw state jail? Any Info
Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-2019, 01:16 AM

My husband was sent there June 21
Old 07-22-2019, 07:24 AM
The Cowtown Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 5,256 Times in 1,349 Posts

It's not one of the better places to do time. It's ran by a private correctional group...MTC....Management Training Corporation. Being that it's a state jail the mindset among. of most everyone there is on average too loose....anything goes.....drug problems....lack of safety and order....an attitude of " I'm only here for a short period since this is a state jail" and/or "I'll be glad when my shift ends so I can go home and get out of this dump...and until I go home at the end of my shift, what is my attitude? Some take the job serious....some take everything with a grain of salt.
No, I've never been to Bradshaw and so how do I know? I know because of what I've heard and seen over the years. I've been to more than one state jail and they're basically all the same across the board. It's not a real dangerous place....its not the worst place....its a state jail where the time to be done is less than 2 years on average and because of that the attitudes of many are too loose....let it all hang out....I won't be here that long so, what the h#ll...I'll be and do what I want to. At an i.d. unit where people are doing YEARS of time its a more serious minded experience all the way around. I think they need to completely do away with state jail and the private groups like MTC,CCA,GEO altogether.
OnlyInTexas (07-22-2019)
Old 07-23-2019, 05:18 PM
TDCJ hand

Thanked 1,385 Times in 758 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
It's not one of the better places to do time. It's ran by a private correctional group...MTC....Management Training Corporation. Being that it's a state jail the mindset among. of most everyone there is on average too loose....anything goes.....drug problems....lack of safety and order....an attitude of " I'm only here for a short period since this is a state jail" and/or "I'll be glad when my shift ends so I can go home and get out of this dump...and until I go home at the end of my shift, what is my attitude? Some take the job serious....some take everything with a grain of salt.
No, I've never been to Bradshaw and so how do I know? I know because of what I've heard and seen over the years. I've been to more than one state jail and they're basically all the same across the board. It's not a real dangerous place....its not the worst place....its a state jail where the time to be done is less than 2 years on average and because of that the attitudes of many are too loose....let it all hang out....I won't be here that long so, what the h#ll...I'll be and do what I want to. At an i.d. unit where people are doing YEARS of time its a more serious minded experience all the way around. I think they need to completely do away with state jail and the private groups like MTC,CCA,GEO altogether.
Don't forget ID offenders also get assigned to state jails. When I worked Gist only 10 out of 24 dorms were actually state jail offenders. The other 14 dorms were ID offenders.
Old 07-24-2019, 08:00 PM
The Cowtown Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 5,256 Times in 1,349 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDCJ hand View Post
Don't forget ID offenders also get assigned to state jails. When I worked Gist only 10 out of 24 dorms were actually state jail offenders. The other 14 dorms were ID offenders.
Yes...you're right and doing tdc time at a state jail is harder in a way that's hard to define. Alot of the state jail prisoners know or realize that the possibility of parole is something they don't have to contend with and because of that they get away with a lot of stunts that won't fly on the tdc side. Along with that, you often see a form of resentment/frustration on the part of the Correctional officers that becomes outright retaliation against those of us who stand the risk of being denied parole. It's difficult to put the state jail population in check the way they need to be for the sake of safety & order on a day to day basis. The major/minor cases you write up against a state jail prisoner are not effective overall. It's not your fault as a C.O. that it's that way, but it's the truth. The sad part about it is even though those measures don't mean much to them, a major case is effective in hurting one of us trying go home on parole. And it's a dangerous game we're forced to play under those circumstances, isn't it? TO BE AT THE MERCY OF SOMEONE IN POWER WHO POSSIBLY IS SO BITTER THAT THEY'RE BLINDED IN SUCH A WAY TO WHERE THEY CANNOT TELL THE GOOD FROM THE BAD.....THEY'RE BEYOND CARING. AND IT HAPPENS

Last edited by Firebrand; 07-24-2019 at 08:24 PM..
Old 08-20-2019, 01:17 PM

My husband did 2 years there. Message me any questions