Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > WISCONSIN > Wisconsin Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Wisconsin Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release or community service in Wisconsin should be posted here.

Old 11-29-2012, 09:53 AM

Default Can g/f take Treatment Assisted Program (TAP) in a different county?

Hi, im new here and found out about this site looking on google for help.

My GF gets out of jail and will be going on an Treatment Assisted Program (TAP). She will not have a residence to go to, her parents/family will give her no where to live. She is in DANE county jail, while I am living in Ozaukee county. I wanted to know a couple things if anyone can lend some help.

First, can she come live with me in a different county and still be on TAP? And second, if not, what can she do if her family will not give her a place to live? A halfway house?

These are all questions for her lawyer, but he is a PD, and I assume very busy so Im just trying to find some info for her. I have no experience with jail/prison time, so everything she says is news to me.

Anyway, thanks for the help in advance, and hope to hear from some of you very soon.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-29-2012, 10:02 AM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 36,683 Times in 16,921 Posts

Because your questions are state/program specific, I've moved your thread to the Wisconsin sub-forum for Parole, Probation & Release.

I'm not familiar with Wisconsin or that particular program, so I really can't answer your questions....what I can do is Welcome you to PTO!

Is that program offered in Ozaukee County? If not, will she have reliable transportation to Dane County everytime she needs to be there? You may want to contact the local PO's Ofice in Ozaukee County and ask if they have have the program and about you're g/f transferring her parole.

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 11-29-2012, 10:58 AM

Yes they offer it in ozaukee county. I called the place in madison, and they say she will need a DANE residence, but maybe that is only if she will go to their TAP program. I am wondering if because she went to jail in DANE, she has to go to a DANE TAP program. And I don't think she is on parole/probation, she just has to do this TAP program for 6 months, or maybe it is the same thing and they go hand in hand.

Again, I am so naive to being in jail/prison and its rules, it is like a different language to me. Seems like some complete BS though if she cannot live in a different county if she does not have a residence in DANE, but can have one in OZAUKEE with me, with reliable transportation.

How do they expect these people getting out of jail to turn their life around....
Old 11-29-2012, 11:08 AM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 36,683 Times in 16,921 Posts

Quote:
How do they expect these people getting out of jail to turn their life around....
That's one of the biggest poblems with our Injustice System...too many hoops/rules that make absolutely no sense. I'll get off my soapbox now.

Has she talked to her caseworker/counselor about her Home Plan? If she's not on parole/probation, they shouldn't be able to tell her where to live. For probation and/or parole, she'll have to submit a home address to be approved by the PO's Office before she's released.

Hoefully someone familiar with the TAP Program will come along with more info.

patchouli, PTO Admin