Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Kentucky should be posted here.

Old 02-13-2007, 12:28 PM

Default Please help on KY halfway houses

My sister is currently serving a sentence in FMC lexington. She was convicted of wire fraud. She is married with an 11 year old daughter. I need some help. I live in chicago and my sisters family is located in Michigan. Being that she is so far, her husband would like to move to KY. I need to find some resources on how i can locate halfway houses for her and what steps we need to cover. I am blind on all these issues and internet searching isnt helping. We anticipate her being releaced into a halfway house in may of 2008. I have found that her physical address of the family memebr must be established for some time prior to her release so i need to get on the ball, but we also have heard that if there is no halfway house that she will be sent to a county jail, which we would like to avoid at all costs. Does anyone know a place i can find suitable halfway houses so i can give them direction as to where they should seek residence. Thank you all so much.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,088 Times in 567 Posts

I am sorry that internet searches are not helping. I do have a friend who was there and she did go to a halfway house briefly. She has since been released. I will try and contact her and let you know if I find out anything.

In the meantime, what I might suggest to you is to call the prison and ask them for a listing of the halfway houses. You could speak to her caseworker. If that doesn't help you, then contact the DOC and ask them if they can help you.

There are halfway houses out there. Sometimes there is a waiting list. Sometimes they won't take certain offenders, however, her charge doesn't seem to be one they would shy away from.

Good luck to you and I wish you all the best.
May she rest in peace.

~ PTO Administrators and Staff

Old 02-13-2007, 01:38 PM

thank you so much for your help. Its nice to know there are other people out there who care.

Cheers from Chicago.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:03 PM

there is a Dismas house for women in owensboro ky i think it is a halfway house. i am sure you could check out that place and it is a small town but big enough for find a good job close.

one question can she not be moved to a halfway house up there close to where her family is?

Chainsaw is HOME as of 3:15 am on March 30, 2007.
Old 02-13-2007, 02:42 PM

Im sure she could be moved up to michigan but her husband and daughter want to move to KY to see her more often, and with that said if their address is established in KY we figured that she would then have to stay in the area. Thank you rose for the response i will look into that one.
Old 02-15-2007, 06:29 AM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Just to let you know I haven't forgotten about you. I did email the friend, just haven't heard back yet. Hopefully, I will soon.
May she rest in peace.

Old 02-18-2007, 12:30 AM
Peaceful
Donation Award 

Just heard back from friend. This is not an endorsement, just the one that she was in.

It is called Chrysalis House, on High Street in Lexington. Perhaps when you contact them you could ask them for names of any others. Hopefully, they will be kind and offer you some names.

Good luck to you. Know that we are all here for you.
May she rest in peace.