Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk > GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

GPT Phones, Mail, and Visitation Discussions Please post topics or discussions here that do not fit in the appropriate state or federal forums.

Old 06-13-2020, 12:27 PM

Exclamation Do JPay messages stay in an inmate's inbox even if your account is deleted?

Hi guys I was wondering if messages in JPay stay in an inmate's inbox even if your account has been deleted? I can't find this answer anywhere. I sent a few messages that I deeply regret and since the person is most likely getting out this year, I don't want them using the messages against me.

Can they save photos and access them once they get out? I was very naive and now I am paranoid...
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2020, 01:10 PM
Donation Award 

I suppose it works like any email system and the recipient can keep the messages. However, because it is a correctional institute system, you might be able to ask for help to get things deleted. The best way to get that answer is to call customer service at Jpay and ask...
Old 06-13-2020, 01:13 PM

I know that they will stay on their tablet, yes.
I also believe they can take their tablet with them once they leave. I’m not sure if that’s only in the states where they have to purchase their tablet themselves too.
I also don’t know if they can log in to their account via another tablet/phone etc once they are out.
So hopefully others can help with those questions
Old 06-13-2020, 01:15 PM

If it’s any consolation, they’ll probably have a lot going on when they get out. So using them against you hopefully won’t be a priority
Old 06-13-2020, 01:35 PM
Donation Award 

I wouldn't think they could log in to the prison system when they are out. There are bound to be security measures in place given the fact that communications are monitored. I would not share my concern with him because that gives him power and he might save them even though he wouldn't have. Just get prepared to explain them if you have to. Once we release information, it is not ours to control anymore.
Old 06-13-2020, 04:00 PM

They stay on their tablet mine left went back in the same videos and stuff were on the tablet so yeah unless they delete them their selves they stay in their for a long time