Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BECOMING INVOLVED > Elsa's Inmate Card Projects
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Elsa's Inmate Card Projects This forum is dedicated to the memory of one of our most loyal members; Elsa Punzi. Send Birthday & Holiday cards to inmates!

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2012, 11:05 PM

If a magical genie came to you with 3 wishes, what would you wish for??

1. to get my husband out of prison preferable before 40 years is up
2. For my daughter to get into art school like she has always dreamed
3. to graduate from AMU with 2nd masters and actually find a job.

Melly, Ivy is counting down the days til her first tattoo, she is turning 18 on the 19 of september so she has it planned down to the hours when she is getting it and has been since she was 13. lol

Last edited by melandunewen; 05-14-2012 at 11:06 PM.. Reason: forgot something.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to melandunewen For This Useful Post:
ALA (05-15-2012), lisainengland (05-16-2012)
Sponsored Links
Old 05-15-2012, 09:20 AM
Banned

Thanked 10,745 Times in 5,807 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstyenarno View Post
https://sc.sbcommerce.nl/prodimg/ima...17446-fade.jpg

Happy Birthday Pat, hope you will have a wonderfull day. I know you will miss two people very much, but make the best of it!
Kirsty in the netherlands
Pat I didn't say it here, I've been missing the chit chat thread lately Sorry .. but I hope you had an AMAZING bday !! Did Popeye send you an extra special card !!??

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisainengland View Post
Good afternoon everyone, Its actually quite sunny and warm today so I am off to town with my daughter in law and grandaughter We need to get stuff for her hospital bag because she only has 8 weeks left

Jareds - Aww thank you so much babes

Mystic - The earache is still there, it doesnt hurt all the time but it flares up at least once a day. The cyst under my jaw is slightly swollen so I do think it is causing the earache

Kirsty - You are also 2 hours ahead of us in the UK. Its 2.15pm here

Pat - I hope you are having an amazing awesome birthday

I hope everybody is enjoying the weekend
8 weeks I swear you just announced she was preggo ! LOL
How is the ear feeling huh ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemitty View Post
Good morning ladies. I was up once again at the crack of dawn! But took advantage of the time and did some cards. I just went to get my driver's license renewed. I'm glad I was the only one there cuz I made the woman retake my picture FIVE times and I still don't like it! But I DO have to live with it for 4 more years! Today it's beautiful out!! (Sorry Stacy!! Lol) I am off to a few errands the ofcourse the post office!! Tonight I'm going to a concert of a local band I like! Then when I get home I have to make the dessert I offered to bring for our BBQ tomorrow. It's so simple if any of you ladies want to make it some time. I got an aluminum pan and you layer it with graham crackers then after making instant chocolate pudding you put that as the next layer then a layer of cool whip then the crackers again then pudding and you end up with the cool whip on top!! You should make it the day before so the crackers get soft!!! Yummy!! I'll post a picture of the finished product later.

Pat, I hope you have a wonderful birthday and you get all that you hope for!!!

Shari, how did the book reading go last night? I have 2 books from my favorite author JENNIFER WEINER that I haven't read yet. I don't have time at night by the time I write my cards out and reply to my pals its ready for bed!!!! Lol Maybe this summer when I'm at the pool on the weekends I can read them!

Off to more errands. Just stopped at Dunkin Donuts for a sandwich and iced coffee!
I've been so into this book I've gone 2 whole nights w/out writing a letter ! I did write 2 bday cards out the other night and nothing last night ... I swear, I may go through withdrawal !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenone View Post
Just checking in to wish all the mom's a Happy Mother's day, hope everyone's day is filled with hugs,smiles and laughter.Oh Yes! and lot's of yummy treats.

Lovemitty I'm doing just fine thanks and hope you are doing the same!
How was your Mothers Day Donna !?!? Did you do anything special ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by melandunewen View Post
Just dropping to say I'm semi alive.... had five papers and two message boards due the first week. I am staying up the rest of the night to finish the final three papers. I'm so sorry I've gotten behind on the cards and stuff. I'm going to catch up tommorrow before the next lessons start... don't give up on me ladies... I just got to get my bearings back on school and stuff again and got to get that kid well.... ENT consultation this week... gotta see if those tonsils are coming out or not... oy vey,,,,
Sending positive thoughts Ivy's way, pls keep us posted ! I will gladly send another card
AND I am super super "hella" proud of you, Lee's word LOL , of you for taking such good care of Ivy and going back to school ! You are a strong and amazing woman !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemitty View Post
Shari I'm so happy for you and I think if I called one of my guys mother I would have reacted the same way!!! I hope you and all the mothers out here are having a wonderful day. I'm on my way up to my step sisters but my friend is driving so I am on my phone so he and I don't bicker. He drives like a maniac!! Lol
Thanks .. I got to talk to Lee last night again and told him I cryed so hard after we hung up.
I hope you had fun at your step-sisters and your friend is in timeout for bad behavior ! LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellymel418 View Post
Hello all sorry haven't been around much ive been a workaholic here lately and it's not stopping this week either it's like all these teachers are throwing in last minute field trips before school is over! Uggg oh well at least the money will be nice I have kept up on saying thanks for my mothers day cards! I appreciate the ones ive gotten so far

So it's been a busy weekend for me yesterday I got to spend the day to myself my son went to kings island with his friends for the day it's an amusement park here! The brady bunch actually filmed at kings island for an episode! It's funny to watch that episode knowing I know the park very well...lol. My mom had a wedding to go too so I had a nice day to myself so I took some artwork my guy has drawn me and I got a tattoo made of it! My friend does tattoo so I went to him he did a great job and JR is very excited that I used his artwork I've got pictures in the mail to him if it!

Then today my son and I went to the movies we saw the hunger games and the avengers both great movies and then we went out to dinner! So it was a great day with my son! My daughter had to work so she couldn't go but she did get me some beautiful tulips and a card

So it's been almost 8 weeks since I quit smoking very proud if myself! And it's been 5 1/2 weeks since I started my diet and I'm down 21 pounds super excited there!!! Still sways to go but proud if myself so far! I'm also walking 2 miles a night too!!!

Well I hope all the mommies had great and special days today!! You all deserve it!!!

Hope your week is great hope I can stop in some this week!
Congrats on the no smoking and weight loss. The mister must be beaming with pride !

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanning View Post
Good morning everyone!!!
Sorry I have not been on much.
I heard over the weekend that they are releasing inmates this monday and next monday. And Dale goes in front of the parole board wednesday (well his jacket does). And if they approve him and do not have any stipulations he might get released.
So I have been besides myself...anxious and just excited. But then I don't want to get my hopes up either...but..I do have my hopes up.
Today I got up and I am deep cleaning the house. Not that it was dirty but just to keep busy. Since I have been doing good on my diet I dont want to sit around and eat either.
I hope everyone has a wonderful week!!!

Jan
Man I am keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for good luck .. keep us posted !!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredsmermaid View Post
Question time!!

1. To graduate UH
2. For my parents to be happy and stress free
3. For my love to get out safely and do the rest of his time well

Aloha from far away............ Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk. Haim shelli.
Hmm .. I am horrible at these questions. LOL It changes every other minute. Let's see ...

1. For my kids, family and friends to be happy and healthy
2. To not be weighted down and stressed by debt (aka debt free ? Not sure if that is the solution or not lol)
3. To get to meet all my pen pal's and see them prosper out here, in the free world !!

I'll post another question, me and a newer pal did this one and it's kinda hard.

How would you describe "LOVE" to someone who had never experienced it ?
Old 05-15-2012, 10:02 AM
JrlovesMelly

Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1AndOnly

Congrats on the no smoking and weight loss. The mister must be beaming with pride !

?
Thanks! And no he's not beaming with pride lol he said I didn't need to loose any weight and the more I loose the more he says thats enuf you don't need to loose anymore!!! Lol oh well he will be happy once I reach my goal and feeling healthier and better about myself! Lol

The Following User Says Thank You to Mellymel418 For This Useful Post:
texnanny (05-16-2012)
Old 05-15-2012, 10:06 AM
JrlovesMelly

Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,171 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by melandunewen

1. to get my husband out of prison preferable before 40 years is up
2. For my daughter to get into art school like she has always dreamed
3. to graduate from AMU with 2nd masters and actually find a job.

Melly, Ivy is counting down the days til her first tattoo, she is turning 18 on the 19 of september so she has it planned down to the hours when she is getting it and has been since she was 13. lol
Lol Mel she sounds like my daughter! But mine asked to get her tongue pierced first before a tattoo and I said I'd rather you get a tattoo than your tongue pierced! So I made a deal with her that if she didn't pierce her tongue I'd sign for her to get a tattoo before 18 and pay for it! She waited till she was 19 and paid for it herself! And is now 20 and still hasn't pierced her tongue! Her belly button is pierced but I don't mind that! Only the tongue! Lol. What does she want for her first tatt and where does she want it! I have 2 1 on each calf!

Last edited by Mellymel418; 05-15-2012 at 10:07 AM..
Old 05-15-2012, 11:21 AM

Shari,
Yes, Popeye had somebody draw a beautiful birthday and Mothers day card. And the words he wrote were perfect.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to texnanny For This Useful Post:
ALA (05-15-2012), donazerozero (05-18-2012), lisainengland (05-16-2012), mysticblue07 (05-17-2012)
Old 05-15-2012, 01:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1AndOnly View Post

How was your Mothers Day Donna !?!? Did you do anything special ?

Hmm .. I am horrible at these questions. LOL It changes every other minute. Let's see ...

1. For my kids, family and friends to be happy and healthy
2. To not be weighted down and stressed by debt (aka debt free ? Not sure if that is the solution or not lol)
3. To get to meet all my pen pal's and see them prosper out here, in the free world !!

I'll post another question, me and a newer pal did this one and it's kinda hard.

Mother's Day was as good as could be expected. Hunter called me first thing in the morning so that was a positive. I worked until 5pm but spent the evening with my daughter and my four wonderful grndkids.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1020464.jpg (289.3 KB, 13 views)
Old 05-15-2012, 02:18 PM
Nope. No Pumpkins Here At All
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenone

Mother's Day was as good as could be expected. Hunter called me first thing in the morning so that was a positive. I worked until 5pm but spent the evening with my daughter and my four wonderful grndkids.
Cute kids! The one on the left looks like Tom Cruise's daughter

Aloha from far away............ Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk. Haim shelli.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:26 PM
Banned

Donna are they twins !?!? ADORABLE ! Thanks for sharing !
Old 05-15-2012, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1AndOnly View Post
Donna are they twins !?!? ADORABLE ! Thanks for sharing !
Thanks Shari
Actually they are triplets The one on the left is Emily,Aden is in the middle and Kaylee is on the right. They will be turning 8yr old in July.
John my oldest will be 14yrs. in August.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:35 AM
English Super Moderator

PTO Ambassador of the Year 

Donation Award 

Thanked 12,565 Times in 6,759 Posts

Hey everyone, sorry I disapeared yesterday. I got caught up at work and last night I was helping some friends order some things online. By the time I finished all I was fit for was bed I also have my daughter in law and grandaughter staying with me because she has been having some pains. The hospital think its just the baby getting ready but she also has a low blood count so I have been looking after my grandaughter when I can.
I love having her but 16month old babys and laptops dont mix

I still have my earache but its now more of a dull ache than a pain and my hearing in that ear is muffled

Melly - I hope I can do it, I am determind to quit

Mel - Has Ivy designed her own tattoo ? I cant wait to see what she is having

Shari - Congrats on your phone call with Lee.

Tex - Congrats on the beautiful cards from Popeye

Zenone - I'm glad you had a good mothers day even if you did have to work. The pics of the kids are wonderful, they are so adorable

Jareds - I hope you are having a good week

Have a great evening everyone, I am going to go and start catching up on the pile of letters I have

Love is like the whole world is smiling and you feel so happy you could pop

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lisainengland For This Useful Post:
ALA (05-18-2012), Zenone (05-17-2012)
Old 05-16-2012, 10:49 AM
Donation Award 

Ahh I feel so left out! Just kidding. I'm currently moving--same building, just going up to the 11th floor, and since living here for 3 years, I have accuumulated a TON of stuff. The room I'm moving to is much smaller and the a/c is broken. Last night, I locked myself IN the room. The lock wouldn't open! I had to scream at someone out from the balcony to call an emergency at the front desk and get me out. It was scary I think it's a sign lol. I'm only going to be in that 11th floor room temporarily until my bathroom is going to be renovated.

I posted this in the pen pal chit chat but I'm really indecisive on my name change decision. What do you girls think?

Alona Reese Jade

Alona Shiloh Jade

I like both equally! And I'll be a little delayed on making all of your cute friendship bracelets because of moving Sowyyyyy. If you didn't see my earlier post, I'm making embroidery-threaded friendship bracelets and if you'd like one, just let me know.

Happy hump day, as Lisa likes to say Lisa, I need backup, where's the eye candy?!?!?!
Old 05-16-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Ahh I feel so left out! Just kidding. I'm currently moving--same building, just going up to the 11th floor, and since living here for 3 years, I have accuumulated a TON of stuff. The room I'm moving to is much smaller and the a/c is broken. Last night, I locked myself IN the room. The lock wouldn't open! I had to scream at someone out from the balcony to call an emergency at the front desk and get me out. It was scary I think it's a sign lol. I'm only going to be in that 11th floor room temporarily until my bathroom is going to be renovated.

I posted this in the pen pal chit chat but I'm really indecisive on my name change decision. What do you girls think?

Alona Reese Jade

Alona Shiloh Jade

I like both equally! And I'll be a little delayed on making all of your cute friendship bracelets because of moving Sowyyyyy. If you didn't see my earlier post, I'm making embroidery-threaded friendship bracelets and if you'd like one, just let me know.

Happy hump day, as Lisa likes to say Lisa, I need backup, where's the eye candy?!?!?!
Alona why are you changing your name? I think you should go with Alona Reese Jade. That's my vote!
Old 05-16-2012, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Hey everyone, sorry I disapeared yesterday. I got caught up at work and last night I was helping some friends order some things online. By the time I finished all I was fit for was bed I also have my daughter in law and grandaughter staying with me because she has been having some pains. The hospital think its just the baby getting ready but she also has a low blood count so I have been looking after my grandaughter when I can.
I love having her but 16month old babys and laptops dont mix

I still have my earache but its now more of a dull ache than a pain and my hearing in that ear is muffled

Melly - I hope I can do it, I am determind to quit

Mel - Has Ivy designed her own tattoo ? I cant wait to see what she is having

Shari - Congrats on your phone call with Lee.

Tex - Congrats on the beautiful cards from Popeye

Zenone - I'm glad you had a good mothers day even if you did have to work. The pics of the kids are wonderful, they are so adorable

Jareds - I hope you are having a good week

Have a great evening everyone, I am going to go and start catching up on the pile of letters I have

Love is like the whole world is smiling and you feel so happy you could pop
Thanks Lisa,they are very special to me...Hope your day was also a good one.
Old 05-16-2012, 04:28 PM

Well we got back from the ENT, and the doctor said Ivy's whole problem this whole time is acid reflux so he put her on proselic which I'm supposed to be on for my stomach thing (yeah yeah, I know I should listen to the doctor I get that lecture alot) and tums two times a day. So we will try this to see if it works but if not, it's back for a second opinion.... This would be a good time to mention I had a very bad experience when I was 15 that ended up with me getting a tube down my nose and when the dude started messing with Ivy's nose I was started having flashbacks... it was actually more traumatic for me than it was for Ivy... I was ready to run the minute we entered the office.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:20 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:

Alona Reese Jade

Alona Shiloh Jade

Alona Reese Jade, it rolls off the tongue.
Napolean Hill
Old 05-17-2012, 02:00 AM
English Super Moderator

PTO Ambassador of the Year 

Donation Award 

Thanked 12,565 Times in 6,759 Posts

Morning everyone, I am off to work this morning and then grocery shopping this afternoon so I thought I would pop in here first to say Hi

Jareds - I hope the move isnt too stressful and they fix the lock soon. I still like Alona Shiloh Jade And I posted some eye candy in the penpal chit chat just for you LOL

Zenone - Have a good day honey

Mel - Ooh I hope the medication works for Ivy, I am thinking of her and you

Tivia - I am still trying to start my garden What grows well in between paving slabs

Well have a good day everyone

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lisainengland For This Useful Post:
donazerozero (05-17-2012), Zenone (05-17-2012)
Old 05-17-2012, 05:08 AM

Thanked 1,458 Times in 854 Posts

Today is Ascensionday, another free day in the Netherlands. We are doing jobs around the house. And me and my sons just baked a chocolate sheet cake. (for recepie google Pioneer woman/ chocolate sheet cake) My son is the decorator and goes wilde with the sprinkles :-)
Kirsty
Attached Images
File Type: jpg P1090278.jpg (288.4 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg P1090279.jpg (416.1 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg P1090280.jpg (432.4 KB, 4 views)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to kirstyenarno For This Useful Post:
ALA (05-18-2012), donazerozero (05-17-2012), lisainengland (05-19-2012), Tivia (05-17-2012)
Old 05-17-2012, 11:22 AM

Grrr...I am really not a patient person. Really I am not.
I called the prison and I might not hear anything about the parole hearing til monday or tuesday.
Do they realize thats like waiting a year....
But on a good note the lady I talked to was super nice and told me she has been where I am now. Even talked to me for a little bit.
So now I am trying to keep busy....

My two children, Tinkerbell and Sam
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to jmanning For This Useful Post:
donazerozero (05-17-2012), kirstyenarno (05-17-2012), lisainengland (05-19-2012), mysticblue07 (05-17-2012)
Old 05-17-2012, 01:43 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tivia View Post
Alona Reese Jade, it rolls off the tongue.
Ahhhhh I still cannot decide!!!

I'm making your bracelet right now by the way Tina
Old 05-17-2012, 01:47 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by melandunewen View Post
Well we got back from the ENT, and the doctor said Ivy's whole problem this whole time is acid reflux so he put her on proselic which I'm supposed to be on for my stomach thing (yeah yeah, I know I should listen to the doctor I get that lecture alot) and tums two times a day. So we will try this to see if it works but if not, it's back for a second opinion.... This would be a good time to mention I had a very bad experience when I was 15 that ended up with me getting a tube down my nose and when the dude started messing with Ivy's nose I was started having flashbacks... it was actually more traumatic for me than it was for Ivy... I was ready to run the minute we entered the office.
I had to go through that last month. I saw what the inside of my nose looks like on the screen lol. The numbing spray was so nasty and salty, and the ENT was very quick with me. He told me the SAME thing as Ivy and prescribed the same thing.

I'm thinking, are you freakin kidding me????? I just told you I want to be a holistic doctor and you're shoving anti-heartburn medicines in my face to take 2x a day??? Hello, I asked you what I can do without pills!!!!!! I do not like doctors. I think something is still wrong with me. All MDs want to do is get you in and out of the office with a prescription.

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Old 05-17-2012, 03:23 PM
family -cradle to grave
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,350 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Ahhhhh I still cannot decide!!!

I'm making your bracelet right now by the way Tina
I want a friendship bracelet.
I need a friend
Well I only got a couple .
Well A couple dozen
Well a couple dozen on pto A couple dozen on face book.
and a couple dozen couple dozen ......... hahaha

ZZ
Old 05-17-2012, 03:38 PM
family -cradle to grave
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,350 Times in 703 Posts

Alona,

Here is the meaning of both names. Iam curious if either one is descriptive of you
The meaning of shiloh
http://www.kabalarians.com/cfm/DisplayNameAnalysis.cfm

The meaning of Reese
ZZ
Old 05-17-2012, 07:36 PM
Banned

Jan we are right here with you holding your hand, breathe !!!

I am sorry I've been MIA lately, I've been really sick with one of the worst migraines ever. Thank you to a couple of you for checking in on me and making sure I'm alive. I forget what it's like to have friends who are there for me and it made me feel so good !! xoxoxox

SOoooooo

I have some amazing news.

My baby lost her first tooth today !! I will post a pic in my album for whomever wants to check it out. She is such a trooper and a big girl. I couldn't be more proud of a mama !!
Old 05-17-2012, 08:23 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by donazerozero View Post
Alona,

Here is the meaning of both names. Iam curious if either one is descriptive of you
The meaning of shiloh

The meaning of Reese
ZZ
Awesome site!!!
Napolean Hill
The Following User Says Thank You to Tivia For This Useful Post:
donazerozero (05-17-2012)
Old 05-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Donation Award 

Quote:
Morning everyone, I am off to work this morning and then grocery shopping this afternoon so I thought I would pop in here first to say Hi

Jareds - I hope the move isnt too stressful and they fix the lock soon. I still like Alona Shiloh Jade And I posted some eye candy in the penpal chit chat just for you LOL

Zenone - Have a good day honey

Mel - Ooh I hope the medication works for Ivy, I am thinking of her and you

Tivia - I am still trying to start my garden What grows well in between paving slabs

Well have a good day everyone

The herb Thyme, (wooly thyme) it holds up under foot traffic.
It looks awesome coming out of cracks and such!
Napolean Hill
The Following User Says Thank You to Tivia For This Useful Post:
lisainengland (05-19-2012)
Closed Thread