Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BECOMING INVOLVED > Elsa's Inmate Card Projects
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Elsa's Inmate Card Projects This forum is dedicated to the memory of one of our most loyal members; Elsa Punzi. Send Birthday & Holiday cards to inmates!

Closed Thread

Old 04-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Banned

Thanked 10,745 Times in 5,807 Posts
Default The Card Forum Chit Chat ~ May 2012

Hey everyone and welcome to MAY !! I can't believe we are starting another month already. I am excited to see what May has to bring our way. Anyone have anything the are looking forward to this month that they want tos hare ?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-01-2012, 12:33 AM

Happy May Day everyone! Sadly it's not a glorious May Day here in the UK, it's cold, wet and windy (so no surprises there!) so I decided that on balance it wasn't the sort of day for Maypole dancing. I'll be going to Ambleside in the Lake District for a few days on the 18th so I'm hoping it will warm up a bit by then. If not, instead of doing lots of healthy walking I'll be shopping and sitting in coffee shops. On second thoughts, perhaps I don't want it to warm up!

Capital punishment is the most premeditated of murders, to which no criminal's deed, however calculated, can be compared. Albert Camus

A man may be destroyed but not defeated. Ernest Hemingway
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Stoneite For This Useful Post:
ALA (05-01-2012), donazerozero (05-01-2012), lisainengland (05-01-2012), texnanny (05-01-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 01:58 AM
English Super Moderator

PTO Ambassador of the Year 

Donation Award 

Thanked 12,565 Times in 6,759 Posts

Merry Month of May everyone Yes as Stoneite says we have cold windy wet weather here Lets hope it warms up soon !!!

I am looking forward to the swaps we have going on during May. I love swaps and I love brightening somebodys day a little.

Happy 1st May everyone

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lisainengland For This Useful Post:
ALA (05-01-2012), donazerozero (05-01-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 02:18 AM

Thanked 1,458 Times in 854 Posts

Yesterday we've had such beautiful weather on Dutch Queensday :-) But today we woke up with thunder and lightening. My boys have holiday this week (my youngest will go to school on thursday and friday though).
Hopefully the weather will change for the better soon here in Europe :-)

And I hope we can brighten the day of many people who need brightening, through the card swap!
I have made a start on the mothersday swap. Ussually I am very well prepared for the next one, but still have come up with nothing for the "love my inmate" swap. That is, I have plenty of fancy paper, now I need to figure out what to write.... But most of the time, onece I get started there's no stopping ;-)

Have a great month of May everyone :-)

Kirsty in the Netherlands
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to kirstyenarno For This Useful Post:
ALA (05-01-2012), donazerozero (05-01-2012), lisainengland (05-01-2012), texnanny (05-01-2012), Tivia (05-03-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 07:20 AM

Happy First of May....

May is usually one of the best months weatherwise here in our part of Texas, so we just enjoy spending time working on the flowers and being outside. Soon it will be 100 degrees, then this old lady is at the pool or inside.

This month is Mother's Day so I have so many emotions going on.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to texnanny For This Useful Post:
ALA (05-01-2012), donazerozero (05-01-2012), lisainengland (05-01-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 07:40 AM
Banned

Pat We are here if we can help at all

Stoenite I see you survived the first swap you've hosted !!! You're now stuck with us !

Kirsty I have some cards ready ... I just have to figure out something cute to include. You, Bonnie and Jody keep me on my toes.

Lisa we are swap-aholics !
Old 05-01-2012, 08:46 AM
JrlovesMelly

Thanked 1,945 Times in 1,171 Posts

Happy May everyone!!! April showers bring May flowers!!! So I'm sure everyones areas are looking beautiful!!!

Today is my sweet baby's 20th birthday! It feels like yesterday I was sitting in the hospital listening to all the Brits in my ward making fun of all Americans because of the LA Riots were going on at the time!!! It doesnt feel like that was 20 years ago! And I was only 21 at the time!!! I don't feel older than 35 so where the heck has all the time gone!

So here's my 20 year old baby! happy birthday J!

image-2295989939.jpg

And how appropriate that she's #20 in the picture too!!! Lol today is also our great grandfathers birthday well her great my grandpa! He passed away when I was 6 he would be so proud of his J!

Pat thanks for the wishes to J I'll pass it on to her tonight at dinner!

I hope everyone is having a great day the weather is beautiful for now we are suppose to have some severe storms later today!!!

Have a great day!

I completely forgot about love my inmate so I'm sitting out this swap! I'll just spoil my guys this month with extra mail from me

The Following User Says Thank You to Mellymel418 For This Useful Post:
lisainengland (05-01-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 10:14 AM

OMG...yall better watch me. I haven't gotten a letter in over a week, so I call the unit and Popeye got a case last week. I do not know what to think or do anymore, of course the lady in classifications will only tell me he got a case, not anything about what it is. So I wrote to my dear grandson to ask him, now I have to wait for his response. This means he will NOT get his phone privileges back in May(no birthday or Mothers Day call for me). And his Parole review is now off the table. He may do ALL his time. I do not know whether to strangle him or what.

At least I know if I do you all will send me cards and letters if I get locked up right? Sorry, gotta laugh so I don't cry.

The Following User Says Thank You to texnanny For This Useful Post:
donazerozero (05-01-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 10:27 AM
JrlovesMelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by texnanny
OMG...yall better watch me. I haven't gotten a letter in over a week, so I call the unit and Popeye got a case last week. I do not know what to think or do anymore, of course the lady in classifications will only tell me he got a case, not anything about what it is. So I wrote to my dear grandson to ask him, now I have to wait for his response. This means he will NOT get his phone privileges back in May(no birthday or Mothers Day call for me). And his Parole review is now off the table. He may do ALL his time. I do not know whether to strangle him or what.

At least I know if I do you all will send me cards and letters if I get locked up right? Sorry, gotta laugh so I don't cry.
Pat I just sent him a card telling him to behave and stay focused and positive or gmaw and I were coming for a visit to make sure he does!!!! Sorry Pat this all so hard! We need to get this boy refocused on his goals!

And of course I'll send cards and letters if you get locked up!

Last edited by Mellymel418; 05-01-2012 at 10:29 AM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mellymel418 For This Useful Post:
donazerozero (05-01-2012), texnanny (05-01-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 10:39 AM
Banned

Awe Pat It's not a good day for you I hope that it's not very serious .. keep us posted.
Old 05-01-2012, 11:02 AM

Thanked 1,458 Times in 854 Posts

Pat take care. I hope you soon find out what's going on...
Kirsty
ps I will send you cards and letters (and funnys and poems and puzzles and photos) ;-)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kirstyenarno For This Useful Post:
donazerozero (05-01-2012), texnanny (05-02-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 01:30 PM

Pat, sorry you're having such a hard time, I hope it all blows over. We'll all come and visit you - we can make it a PTO gtg!

Mel, happy birthday to your daughter, and happy memories of your grandpa.

And you've all reminded me that my job isn't over yet, I now have to send out all my cards!

Capital punishment is the most premeditated of murders, to which no criminal's deed, however calculated, can be compared. Albert Camus

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Stoneite For This Useful Post:
donazerozero (05-01-2012), kirstyenarno (05-01-2012), texnanny (05-02-2012)
Old 05-02-2012, 10:00 AM
Banned

I am excited it's hump day !!!! I am going to have a short day tomorrow at work. My godfather invited me to hear him sing at a national prayer service where he will sing the lords prayer and be honored for his service, he wants to thank me and soldiers angels (and some of you) for the cards we sent out to him when he was ill and to other military members. I am so excited to get to go Now I just need to get to bed before midnight so I don't fall asleep while he's singing LOL

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmanning View Post
Good morning everyone,

One more final on thursday... Then I am done til august. And I went for a job interview yesterday and it went good. Just waiting to get a callback. I am so ready to go back t work. The place I applied at will even work with me when I go back to school.
Dale goes for classification today, which means his out date will change I will keep ya all posted.
I hope everyone has a wonderful wednesday.

Jan
I'll be thinking of you and that job you are about to get and all the A's on those finals !

Quote:
Originally Posted by melandunewen View Post
Happy may Day everyone a day late... since it's midnight. I started off the morning tangled up in my new splints and my cpap machine. Then I got up and Ivy out to the bus and while we were waiting for the bus to come (I take the jeep down the drive so she don't have to stand in the wind until we can get her asthma under control), I decided to use my new phone to call and see if our food stamps was on our card. So I dialed the 888 number on the back of the card but being clumsy with a new phone, i accidently misdialed and instead of getting the DSS number I got "dial a sex kitten" instead. I had my speaker on because I was expecting that I would have enter a series of numbers instead I get "hello sexy, would you like to get to know my friends?" Now Ivy is in the passenger seat, half asleep until this comes over my phone and now she is WIDE AWAKE and because it's a new phone I can't get the dang thing to turn off. Meanwhile this lady keeps on with her um invitation... and Ivy's eyes keeps getting wider and I'm in panic mode to turn the phone off. Of course, my brain can't remember immediately how to turn it off so it takes a few minutes before I finally turn the phone off to stop the call. The plus side is that instead of going to school in her normal zombie mode, Ivy actually went on the bus wide awake.... and i spent the rest of the day learning how to program and operate my phone...... and yes, we did go to see my husband tonight, and guess what was the first thing Ivy had to tell her daddy.... I just had to laugh...
OMG this had me crackin up .. it always happens and startles you so you can't stop it at the worst times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemitty View Post
Hi ladies. It seems like a few of us are having "not so great" days. 6 years ago today my dad went into the hospital for some elective surgery and never came out. He passed away the day before my birthday. So this is a hard week for me.
Pat, I'm so sorry to hear your news. Keep us posted when you here from him.

Shari- DO you have have something your looking forward to this month? Mothers Day, maybe?

The only "good" thing that came out of today for me was I didn't get any letters from my pals but I got the most awesomest (is that a word? Lol) card from a very special friend and it made me cry "happy" tears rather than the "sad" ones I was crying. That in itself made up for the "no mail" at the post office!!! I really have some AWESOME friends!!!
Awe i'm sorry to hear about your dad I will keep you in my thoughts. I'm glad you got some good mail and yes, I do look forward to Mothers day

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredsmermaid View Post
May day is not being good to me at all.....

Lost my ID card and bus pass. This sucks. I take the bus 4 times a day. That's $2.50 per ride! Today is not my lucky day

Aloha from far away............ Sent from my iPhone using PrisonTalk
Damn girl .. I'm sorry I know how frustrating that can be and will keep my fingers crossed that someone is upstanding enough to turn it in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticblue07 View Post
Happy May everyone! I started my day with an audit at work from the state banking department. But, because I do my job right all is well and no violations! Hope everyone is having a great day!

#1...do YOU have anything you are looking forward to this month?
Congrats on the audit going well !! I hope your night went smooth since your day was rough ! I do have a few things I am looking forward to this month, trying to talk some friends into looking forward to them too but they seem to ignore me !

I missed commenting on lil Mel's bday yesterday, so happy birthday !!! I hope it was a great day !
Old 05-01-2012, 01:38 PM
Cheesin' :D
Donation Award 

Happy May everyone! I started my day with an audit at work from the state banking department. But, because I do my job right all is well and no violations! Hope everyone is having a great day!

Tex...sooo sorry to hear about Popeye In the Jpay last week I told him I hoped he was behaving...guess we are gonna have to whip him into shape come July

Stoneite...hope the weather starts getting better over there! It's REALLY hot here today...like 92 degrees with 90% humidity. I'm so not looking forward to this summer.

#1...do YOU have anything you are looking forward to this month?

Lisa...I'm glad you love the swaps because you do a FAB job with them

Kirsty...hope you and the boys have a great week

Mel...Happy Birthday to your daughter

Hope everyone else has a Terrific Tuesday!!
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to mysticblue07 For This Useful Post:
ALA (05-01-2012), kirstyenarno (05-01-2012), lisainengland (05-01-2012), texnanny (05-02-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 03:46 PM
English Super Moderator

Donation Award 

Evening everyone, I am just off to bed. I am seriously tired and I have earache I also have my grandaughter staying tonight so tomorrow morning will be chaotic LOL

Kirsty - We havent had thunder or lightening yet just plenty of rain I hope you and the boys are having a fun week

Tex - I am so sorry to hear about Popeye, I hope it doesnt go too badly for him And you can count on me to be your penpal

#1 - I know I just cant help it, I love the swaps

Melly - I hope your daughter had a great birthday and that you all had a fun dinner tonight

Stoneite - Well the weather hasnt got any better here , how is it for you
Thanks for the great job you did on the Love Your Inmate swap, I am starting my cards tomorrow

Mystic - Ooh I hate audits, I'm glad yours went ok and thanks for the great job you did on the Mothers Day swap

Ok time for bed Have a lovely evening everyone

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to lisainengland For This Useful Post:
ALA (05-01-2012), donazerozero (05-01-2012), kirstyenarno (05-02-2012), texnanny (05-02-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 03:53 PM
Nope. No Pumpkins Here At All
Donation Award 

Lost my ID card and bus pass. This sucks. I take the bus 4 times a day. That's $2.50 per ride! Today is not my lucky day

Old 05-01-2012, 04:38 PM
JrlovesMelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredsmermaid

I'm sorry Alona hopefully they show up! Maybe in the wrong pocket of your purse? Or maybe some kind stranger found them and will put them in the mail to you!!!

Old 05-01-2012, 07:02 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,778 Times in 1,011 Posts

Hi ladies. It seems like a few of us are having "not so great" days. 6 years ago today my dad went into the hospital for some elective surgery and never came out. He passed away the day before my birthday. So this is a hard week for me.
Ms. "Summer" sorry to hear your bad news too. Hopefully some nice person will find it and turn it in How long before you can get it replaced if it doesn't show up?

Mel- I hope your baby has a great birthday.

Shari- DO you have have something your looking forward to this month? Mothers Day, maybe?

Stacy, congrats on passing the audit!!!!

The only "good" thing that came out of today for me was I didn't get any letters from my pals but I got the most awesomest (is that a word? Lol) card from a very special friend and it made me cry "happy" tears rather than the "sad" ones I was crying. That in itself made up for the "no mail" at the post office!!! I really have some AWESOME friends!!!

I have 1 email to get out then off to bed. I just need to get thru the next few days and I'll be ok!!

Happy Hump Day (I'm sure it's after midnight "somewhere" lol)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lovemitty For This Useful Post:
ALA (05-01-2012), donazerozero (05-01-2012), lisainengland (05-02-2012), texnanny (05-02-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 07:16 PM
JrlovesMelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemitty
Ms. "Summer" sorry to hear your bad news too. Hopefully some nice person will find it and turn it in How long before you can get it replaced if it doesn't show up?

Mel- I hope your baby has a great birthday.

Stacy, congrats on passing the audit!!!!

I have 1 email to get out then off to bed. I just need to get thru the next few days and I'll be ok!!

Happy Hump Day (I'm sure it's after midnight "somewhere" lol)
Sorry about your dad lori even if 6 years ago! hope you make it through the week ok! And enjoy your birthday too! That happen to a friend of mine her husband went in for hernia surgery and when they opened him up it wasn't a hernia it was a massive tumor in stomach disguised as a hernia! He passed away a week later, that was 7 years ago this week! His daughter just graduated high school last year

And thank you my baby had a great birthday and we had a wonderful time at dinner!!!!

The Following User Says Thank You to Mellymel418 For This Useful Post:
donazerozero (05-01-2012)
Old 05-01-2012, 07:35 PM
Cheesin' :D
Donation Award 

Jared's I hope you find your id and bus pass once I thought I lost my debit card...canceled it and everything. Then a few days later I found it under my couch. Lol. Hopefully you just misplaced it?

Love so sorry your having such a hard week. Keeping you in my thoughts
Old 05-01-2012, 10:13 PM

Happy may Day everyone a day late... since it's midnight. I started off the morning tangled up in my new splints and my cpap machine. Then I got up and Ivy out to the bus and while we were waiting for the bus to come (I take the jeep down the drive so she don't have to stand in the wind until we can get her asthma under control), I decided to use my new phone to call and see if our food stamps was on our card. So I dialed the 888 number on the back of the card but being clumsy with a new phone, i accidently misdialed and instead of getting the DSS number I got "dial a sex kitten" instead. I had my speaker on because I was expecting that I would have enter a series of numbers instead I get "hello sexy, would you like to get to know my friends?" Now Ivy is in the passenger seat, half asleep until this comes over my phone and now she is WIDE AWAKE and because it's a new phone I can't get the dang thing to turn off. Meanwhile this lady keeps on with her um invitation... and Ivy's eyes keeps getting wider and I'm in panic mode to turn the phone off. Of course, my brain can't remember immediately how to turn it off so it takes a few minutes before I finally turn the phone off to stop the call. The plus side is that instead of going to school in her normal zombie mode, Ivy actually went on the bus wide awake.... and i spent the rest of the day learning how to program and operate my phone...... and yes, we did go to see my husband tonight, and guess what was the first thing Ivy had to tell her daddy.... I just had to laugh...
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to melandunewen For This Useful Post:
ALA (05-02-2012), kirstyenarno (05-02-2012), lisainengland (05-02-2012), texnanny (05-02-2012), Tivia (05-03-2012)
Old 05-02-2012, 12:41 AM

Lori, I'm sorry about your dad. It never stops hurting, does it?
Becki ... that must be everyone's worst nightmare come true! I hope Ivy didn't tell too many of her friends, and I hope your husband saw the funny side!

Lisa - hope your earache's better. My grandmother's cure was warm olive oil poured into my ear, which I hated.

Hope your ID and bus pass turned up Alona.

The Following User Says Thank You to Stoneite For This Useful Post:
lisainengland (05-02-2012)
Old 05-02-2012, 04:41 AM
English Super Moderator

Donation Award 

Morning everyone, I had some surprise visitors this morning, 3 little kittens. My cat had them in the shed I didnt even know she was pregnant, I just thought she was fat !!!! Anyway Mum and babies are all tucked up safe and warm in a box indoors now

Jareds - I hope your buspass and ID turn up somewhere soon

Lori -Congrats on the card from your pal but I am sorry to hear about your Dad

Melly - Glad your daughter had a great day

Mystic - I am forever losing my debit card

Becki - Hahahahaha, sorry that is just so funny, I bet your husband found it hilarious as well

Stoneite - Warm oil was my Mum's cure for earache and I have tried that. It didnt help much but it was comforting

Happy Hump Day everyone

Old 05-02-2012, 05:17 AM

He took it all in good fun, he never takes anything too seriously. None of us do.
The Following User Says Thank You to melandunewen For This Useful Post:
lisainengland (05-03-2012)
Old 05-02-2012, 05:18 AM

Good morning everyone,

One more final on thursday... Then I am done til august. And I went for a job interview yesterday and it went good. Just waiting to get a callback. I am so ready to go back t work. The place I applied at will even work with me when I go back to school.
Dale goes for classification today, which means his out date will change I will keep ya all posted.
I hope everyone has a wonderful wednesday.

Jan

My two children, Tinkerbell and Sam
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to jmanning For This Useful Post:
ALA (05-02-2012), donazerozero (05-15-2012), kirstyenarno (05-02-2012), lisainengland (05-03-2012), Stoneite (05-02-2012), texnanny (05-02-2012)
Closed Thread