Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Prison and Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Texas Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc.

Old 06-25-2019, 06:10 AM

Default Visitation: Do I need to call & set a time to go see him?

This may be a dumb question but please bare with me ... I'm still new at all this ...

When my man was in county jail we had to set up visit times. Do I need to do that now that he is a TDCJ or do I just show up? I know to call beforehand to make sure he is still at the same unit but do I need to set a time to go see him?

Thanks in advance
Old 06-25-2019, 06:19 AM
The Cowtown Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 5,058 Times in 1,280 Posts

No, visitation is 8-5 on Sat & Sun. All you have to do is have i.d., dressed accordingly to unit rules/standards and bring a roll of quarters if you want to feed him. He's fortunate to have you. I've been in and out several times since 1990 and in the last 13 years there's been no "loved ones" to speak of at a contact visit. He's lucky to have you.
ilovejames (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand View Post
No, visitation is 8-5 on Sat & Sun. All you have to do is have i.d., dressed accordingly to unit rules/standards and bring a roll of quarters if you want to feed him. He's fortunate to have you. I've been in and out several times since 1990 and in the last 13 years there's been no "loved ones" to speak of at a contact visit. He's lucky to have you.
Thanks ... I'm sorry to hear you don't have any "loved ones" to come and visit you. Everyone should have someone visit them. You should never have to e alone while you are "away". Hugz to you hun
Firebrand (06-25-2019)
Old 06-25-2019, 03:34 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,117 Times in 625 Posts

Actually there are units and situations where you MUST schedule visits. For example Estelle HS has to be scheduled. There you call on Monday morning to the wardens office to schedule your weekend visit. They had visits on Friday Saturday and Sunday.

I suggest you call his unit and verify
The Following User Says Thank You to OnlyInTexas For This Useful Post:
ilovejames (06-26-2019)