Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > ARIZONA > Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Arizona Prisons & Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Arizona.

Old 12-01-2008, 05:55 AM

Default Visiting SMU2 from UK - When should I apply?

And how long does the process take? Should i book flights after its been approved? Can i pick when or will they give me first approvable date? How long are visits? Thank you
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2008, 07:27 AM
Donation Award 

I would do it ASAP. I submitted my application back in April and it wasn't approved until August.
Brida (12-01-2008)
Old 12-01-2008, 12:20 PM

Really? And you only live in phoenix? Will it be longer for me to her approved? Where do i get the application from? Sorry for all the q's! Did they give you the date?
Old 12-01-2008, 01:33 PM
Donation Award 

For some reason it just seems to take forever. I live in the same state and it took that long. My guy is at SMU-1, so I don't know if they're a little more expedient over at SMU-2 or if there's a different process if you're coming from overseas. That might be something you would want to call the visitation office about. If you go to this link, you can print the visitation application off right online so you don't have to wait for him to send you one. If you have any other questions, just ask, we're all here to help!

http://www.azcorrections.gov/adc/inmate/911-4.pdf
Brida (12-01-2008)
Old 12-04-2008, 05:10 AM
Account Closed

@Brida

Hi, I am from Germany and you have to asked your boyfriend, if he send you the application, then you have to fill it out and send it fill out to the place who is written on the application from below. Then actually the backgroud check should take not longer then 3 month. At least 3 month, as my fiance put me on his list 3 years ago it took 1 month, but the prison said to him at that time it dont need longer then 3 month.
You have first to be approved on the visitation list then you have to write your boyfriend that you want to have a special visit, that means you have to tell him which weekend you plan to come. Because you are comeing from overseas you get all the days from the visits that means Friday 2 hours, Saturday 4 hours, Sunday 4 hours and Monday 4 hours. But you have to tell your boyfriend when you want to come and HE!!! has to fill out a visitation kite, he get it from the counselor and he has to fill it out and send the kite to visitation. Then it should not take more then 1 month to get it approved, but not you will get it. You boyfriend will get the kite back and then there is standing approved on it and then you can fly.
Well I do it actually always like that that I tell my fiance I come then and then and he fill it out and says that I have the flight ticket for that time and cant change it. And I had actually never problems with getting it. This time I asked directly the visitation officer if he can give me the special visit for the next trip and he said my fiance should send the kite and he will approve it. That means I book the flight and plan to fly 3 monht late, because I have to be sure that the visit is approved but if you think it need too long you can call the visitation office and asked directly it should be not a problem.
I can just say I had luckily all the time luck with the visitation..
If you have more questions please asked ok.
Diana
Old 12-04-2008, 07:52 AM

thank you, thank you both of you,,, im starting the process now
Old 12-04-2008, 07:58 AM
Donation Award 

Were you able to print the visitation form out online? That seems it should be a lot quicker than your guy sending it to you
Old 12-04-2008, 08:09 AM

i tried to just now but it wont load
Old 12-04-2008, 08:13 AM

ah i got it thanks