Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 07-31-2020, 02:40 PM

Smile Creating Traditions: What traditions do you practice with your guys?

Hey girls!

My man has been in prison for over seven years now and we're getting to the point where it's just torturous for him to not be home over holidays, not have real date nights, etc.

I'm looking to create some traditions with him and maybe incorporate his family into it as well. What traditions do you practice with your guys? For holidays, maybe even just week night or date night traditions? I know he needs a pick-me-up and I'd love to be able to have some fun ideas for us.

Also looking to send him a sweet letter package within the next couple of weeks - especially since he's sending me some homemade stuff for my birthday in August. What are some fun things that you send with letters to keep him occupied and smiling?

Thanks for any and all ideas. We still have 23+ years to go and the sooner we start some more fun things, maybe the quicker it'll go
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2020, 12:44 PM

Thanked 1,166 Times in 658 Posts

I'm looking to create some traditions with him and maybe incorporate his family into it as well. What traditions do you practice with your guys? For holidays, maybe even just week night or date night traditions?

We reserve Saturdays and holidays for visits with her family and our daughter. Sundays are our "date" days.
The Following User Says Thank You to WaitingWilkes For This Useful Post:
waitingfor2048 (08-09-2020)
Old 08-06-2020, 02:25 AM

Default Traditions We Do

We pray together each night at the same time. We then talk about what we prayed about and why it was on our hearts that particular day.

We choose a song or 2 a month for each other. It's just a way that we can tell each other how we feel or what we're needing that month, lol! Always changing.

I know he has lots of questions about technology and what's going on out here with us, so I will research it and have information to offer him on our next communication.

We write stories to each other and he picks up where I left off. Keep in mind, that mine isn't a real writer...but we make it work.

We talk about future places that we want to go and things we want to do. We both have maps so we can mark them together.

It's really surprising how the smallest thing that I have to share with him can bring him up out of a mood and direct his thoughts to something completely different. It gives him hope for future activities and a life. Which helps him with goals.

I don't know if any of that helps, but anything that I can think to do to break up the cycle he gets stuck in...and he too, is a plus.

Have some fun with it!!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to M&MAlways&goin For This Useful Post:
Old 08-06-2020, 02:17 PM

For V-day and B-day I send special pictures and a care package. I try to send chocolate and fun stuff, but he would rather have cheap sustenance as he hates for me to spend money on him. The pictures? That's another story LOL. I take the silliest pictures. Flat tires, sleeping dogs, me flipping off a cop, my son dressed as Hamilton, repair work I've done. He loves all of them. I try to make him feel like he's here, part of the family, etc. The special pictures are different, and I'll spend at least a whole day doing them. It's a way for me to feel closer to him, etc. He's finally able to send me pics now, but they're so restricted it's basically mug shots. I don't care. It's him.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jacob's Girl For This Useful Post:
Old 08-07-2020, 03:02 AM
Donation Award 

I would have a tradition of rotating choosing an vinyl album to purchase either my selection or her selection. We did that weekly and sometimes bi weekly, but after some time it faded a little and we did it monthly. It was a great thing to have between us and when she got out we now have a really cool record collection to share and listen to together.

I did on quarterly packages put together a playlist on cd from walkinghorst of some of songs from albums we bought.

kinda fun for us.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to studebaker71 For This Useful Post:
waitingfor2048 (08-09-2020), WaitingWilkes (08-07-2020)