Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > SOUTH CAROLINA > South Carolina Covid -19 (Corona Virus)
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

South Carolina Covid -19 (Corona Virus) Please use this forum to share information concerning Covid -19 in South Carolina, including institutions affected and lock downs. Please do not discuss individuals who have the virus.

Old 04-29-2020, 12:27 AM
Carolina traveler
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,775 Times in 2,548 Posts
Default Confirmed COVID-19 cases

http://www.doc.sc.gov/covid.html

http://www.doc.sc.gov/covid19_allendale_update.pdf
Old 05-31-2020, 08:26 PM
Carolina traveler
Donation Award 

Default Confirmed COVID-19 cases as of May 31, 2020

Old 05-31-2020, 09:21 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,318 Times in 17,212 Posts

choclgs, they list staff and inmates, positives and cleared, but the "cleared" number is less than than the positives...do they (SCDOC) list the number of deaths elsewhere on their website?

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 06-08-2020, 05:32 PM
Carolina traveler
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by patchouli View Post
choclgs, they list staff and inmates, positives and cleared, but the "cleared" number is less than than the positives...do they (SCDOC) list the number of deaths elsewhere on their website?
Unfortunately, no. Those that died, including a staff member were mentioned in the news and social media but not with this information.

This is our only source because when an institution has an outbreak, they are placed on lockdown and you don't hear anything except through rumors until it's confirmed on the list.

https://twitter.com/SCDCNews?ref_src...Ctwgr%5Eauthor

Last edited by choclgs; 06-08-2020 at 05:54 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to choclgs For This Useful Post:
patchouli (06-08-2020)
Old 06-08-2020, 05:54 PM
Carolina traveler
Donation Award 

patchouli (06-08-2020)
Old 06-10-2020, 06:08 AM

I just received a letter that my husband tested positive for coronavirus. I am so devastated, I can’t even talk to him and they won’t tell me anything . I hate the system!
Old 06-10-2020, 09:07 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,318 Times in 17,212 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by innxxo View Post
I just received a letter that my husband tested positive for coronavirus. I am so devastated, I canít even talk to him and they wonít tell me anything . I hate the system!

I'm sorry to hear this, and I hate that DOC's don't keep families informed when thier loved one has an immediate health issue. If it helps, my 85 year old Momma had covid, spent a few weeks in the hospital and is home. It was pretty scary for her and for the family, but she made it. Let Momma give you strength and hope. Keep us posted on how your husband is doing, ok?

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
innxxo (06-11-2020)
Old 06-21-2020, 12:45 PM
Carolina traveler
Donation Award 

Default Confirmed COVID-19 Cases June 21, 2020

Staff: 94 (Total) 67 (Cleared)

Offenders: 130 (Total) 79 (Cleared)
Old 07-03-2020, 07:34 PM
Carolina traveler
Donation Award 

Default COVID-19 fatality and Tyger River Update

"SCDC announced the death today of an offender from Tyger River Correctional Institution, who died from complications of COVID-19."

https://twitter.com/SCDCNews

"As of today, 116 offenders and nine staff members at Tyger River have tested positive for COVID-19. Most of the living units at the institution are on quarantine or isolation."

http://doc.sc.gov/scdc_covid_news_update_070320.pdf
Old 07-08-2020, 12:52 PM
Carolina traveler
Donation Award 

Default SCDC fatality and MacDougall update

"SCDC announced the death today of an offender from MacDougall Correctional Institution, who died from complications of COVID-19.

Martin William Duncan, 65, who had several underlying medical conditions, died at an outside hospital today after being hospitalized since June 29. He tested positive for the coronavirus June 28.

As of today, 59 offenders and eight staff members at MacDougall have tested positive for COVID-19. "
patchouli (07-08-2020)
Old 07-08-2020, 12:55 PM
Carolina traveler
Donation Award 

Default July 7, 2020 COVID-19 Update

Total Confirmed Cases

Staff 153 (Total) 82 (Cleared)

Offenders 346 (Total) 116 (Cleared)
patchouli (07-08-2020)
Old 07-30-2020, 07:41 AM
Carolina traveler
Donation Award 

Default July 30, 2020 COVID-19 Update

Total Confirmed Cases

Staff 263 (Total) 158 (Cleared)

Offenders 786 (Total) 214 (Cleared)

Old 08-05-2020, 11:34 PM
Carolina traveler
Donation Award 

Total Confirmed Cases

Staff 299 (Total) 193 (Cleared)

Offenders 976 (Total) 253 (Cleared)

Old 08-05-2020, 11:45 PM
Carolina traveler
Donation Award 

Default SCDC fatality and MacDougall update

COVID-19 Update
Aug. 3, 2020
4 p.m.

"SCDC announced the death today of an offender from Manning Correctional Institution, who died from complications of COVID-19.

Alton Leon Williamson, 64, who had several underlying medical conditions, died at an outside hospital on Sunday, Aug. 2, after testing positive for the coronavirus and being hospitalized on July 22.

As of today, 40 offenders and 7 staff members at Manning have tested positive for COVID-19."

http://www.doc.sc.gov/COVID19_Manning_death_8-3.pdf
Old 08-06-2020, 03:04 AM

Quote:
Didn't you know? Deaths in jail and prisons are statistically counted as suicides ...

Guard ties kid to chair for a week and he dies of blood clot? Suicide. Cop takes girl behind the corner, the only blind spot in the jail, she 'trips and falls'. Suicide. Guard places sentenced 30 days for petty theft with a awaiting court for murder..ends up murdered. Suicide. Cop incorrectly tells inmates so and so is there for child abuse. Suicide. Cop chokes out a drunk that according to the report, "wasn't moving and I called for help". Suicide. 100 people die of covid. eh add it to the suicide numbers. Good way to play with the numbers and make pretty charts.

Last edited by frees; 08-06-2020 at 03:09 AM..
Old 08-07-2020, 04:22 PM
Carolina traveler
Donation Award 

Quote:
Originally Posted by frees View Post
Didn't you know? Deaths in jail and prisons are statistically counted as suicides ...

Guard ties kid to chair for a week and he dies of blood clot? Suicide. Cop takes girl behind the corner, the only blind spot in the jail, she 'trips and falls'. Suicide. Guard places sentenced 30 days for petty theft with a awaiting court for murder..ends up murdered. Suicide. Cop incorrectly tells inmates so and so is there for child abuse. Suicide. Cop chokes out a drunk that according to the report, "wasn't moving and I called for help". Suicide. 100 people die of covid. eh add it to the suicide numbers. Good way to play with the numbers and make pretty charts.
This post is not the time or place for the assumption that numbers are being inflated.

It would have been beneficial to extend condolences and honor the memory of those dying from an awful disease.
Old 08-07-2020, 04:25 PM
Carolina traveler
Donation Award 

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear this, and I hate that DOC's don't keep families informed when thier loved one has an immediate health issue. If it helps, my 85 year old Momma had covid, spent a few weeks in the hospital and is home. It was pretty scary for her and for the family, but she made it. Let Momma give you strength and hope. Keep us posted on how your husband is doing, ok?
Quote:
Originally Posted by innxxo View Post
I just received a letter that my husband tested positive for coronavirus. I am so devastated, I canít even talk to him and they wonít tell me anything . I hate the system!
I found out this week that when someone is confirmed to have COVID-19, the chaplain calls their emergency contact. They are not given updates on their progress.
Old 08-15-2020, 12:16 PM
Carolina traveler
Donation Award 

Default COVID-19 Update August 15, 2020

​Total Confirmed Cases

Staff 346 (Total) 241 (Cleared)

Offenders 1244 (Total) 441 (Cleared)

Old 08-15-2020, 12:19 PM
Carolina traveler
Donation Award 

Default SCDC fatality and Lee update

Aug. 11, 2020
10 p.m.

"SCDC announced the death today of an offender from Lee Correctional Institution, who died from complications of COVID-19.

Dannie G. Carmichael, 72, who had several underlying medical conditions, died at an outside hospital on Aug. 11 after testing positive for the coronavirus on July 27. He had been hospitalized since Aug. 1.

As of today, 38 offenders and 14 staff members at Lee have tested positive for COVID-19. SCDC, with 16,303 offenders, has had 1,110 offenders test positive for the coronavirus systemwide. "

http://www.doc.sc.gov/COVID19_Lee_death_8_11.pdf
Old 09-09-2020, 01:09 PM
Carolina traveler
Donation Award 

Default COVID-19 Reporting Changes

The COVID-19 reporting for the SC Department of Corrections has changed.

The offenders and staff cases are posted separately.

The listings now include the number of deaths at each institution. As of this day, 20 offenders and one staff member have died as a result of COVID-19.