Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > Introduce Yourself!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introduce Yourself! Please stop by and introduce yourself and share your story with others in the Prison Talk Online community!

Old 01-16-2018, 08:40 PM

Default Intro--Jersey Joe from New York

Hi,

I made a previous introduction but it seems prison code is not the same as PrisonTalk code. Anyways I am a former convict that did 85% of my 30-month sentence. My bid was federal at FCI Ray Brook & FCI Schuylkill and a very brief holdover at USP Cannan.

My charge was a crime of terror, that is also a crime of violence. Both of these factors have an effect on my sentence and my release. The charge was putting an organization in fear of serious bodily harm or murder. The actuality is I am not a terrorist, not any more violent than the next guy.

I am/was Muslim 'from the street' and am/was a full time practicing Muslim. I belonged to the Independent Whites 'Car'. I'm still on G-Code and stand very much behind everybody including myself to have their sentencing minutes and recent court dockets ONDECK.

I was never convicted of a misdemeanor or a felony the first 45 years of my life. However, if I did not accept one charge of the 5 the USA threw at me I faced 45 years in prison with a trial that has a 96% conviction rate.

What prison taught me was how to get along with EVERYBODY that is 'good' by convict standards. I learned how to bid the hard way breaking bad with the entire 'Muslim' car and ending up in the hole for half a year for not knowing how to stay in my lane or shut my mouth.

Why am I here? Well many of us here have a lot in common (like it or not). I would be glad to assist anybody headed to prison or their family by trying to answer any questions you may have. My answers may not all be correct, but it will give you an idea of how one veteran of the BOP survived. I understand Prison Talk does not allow me to say who I hate, so I won't do that.What I will say is as long as you never testified or became a confidential informant, I am at your service God willing.

Nice to Meet You All

Last edited by Jersey Joe; 01-16-2018 at 08:43 PM.. Reason: spelling and grammer
The Following User Says Thank You to Jersey Joe For This Useful Post:
llyon7987 (01-16-2018)
Sponsored Links
Old 01-17-2018, 06:39 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 32,058 Times in 14,749 Posts

Hello & welcome to PTO Thanks so much for your offer to help answer other member's questions, another perspective is always welcome. There is a Federal Prison System forum, one for those Headed to Prison, and other forums that may interest you.

Just
scroll down the Forum Index, to see all the forums we have available.

If you ever have any questions or concerns, feel free to pm me or any Moderator

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Jersey Joe (01-17-2018)
Old 01-17-2018, 07:05 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 3,529 Times in 1,533 Posts

Welcome back to the outside world! I wish you all the best!!!
Jersey Joe (01-17-2018)
Old 01-17-2018, 07:22 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 19,782 Times in 11,575 Posts

Welcome to Prison Talk, and thank you for sharing your story.