Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Met While Incarcerated
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Met While Incarcerated Were you introduced by a friend or family member after he/she was incarcerated? Did you meet as Pen Pals? This Forum is for you!

View Poll Results: Do you believe in MWI love at first sight
I believe love strikes us in many different ways 305 81.99%
I believe in love at first sight but not with a pen pal 17 4.57%
I don't believe in love 2 0.54%
I don't belive in love at first sight, that is infatuation 55 14.78%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 372. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-29-2011, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bratprince1313 View Post
Yeah, Since then we have perved each other, and decided to make it official and be a couple.
LOL, I am going to have to asked my boyfriend who perved who first. Maybe that can be our anniversary date.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2012, 11:50 AM
Banned

I don't believe in love at first sight or write, but I do believe that your soul may recognize something in that person immediately. I know that sounds pretty lame, but I think everyone will understand.
Old 07-07-2012, 12:51 PM
To the moon & back
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,507 Times in 2,236 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonsBabe View Post
I don't believe in love at first sight or write, but I do believe that your soul may recognize something in that person immediately. I know that sounds pretty lame, but I think everyone will understand.
That doesn't sound "pretty lame" at all. In fact, you're right on the money and I agree with you. What you are talking about are what's called soul ties and we all experience them.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:55 AM
WINNING! Admin

PTOQ Editorial Team Member 

Donation Award 

Thanked 37,825 Times in 10,456 Posts

Our initial contact was by way of a misdialed phone call from him in jail waiting to go to prison. We were strangers but with a background in advocacy it was natural to me to want to listen or help. When I hung up the phone after that short call I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that something was happening. Although, it never occurred to me that what was happening was that I was about to fall in love.

Do I believe in love at first write or sight, so on and so forth? Not really, but I'm not being overly pessimistic, I just feel that what some call love is attraction, infatuation, etc. For me love is not to be taken lightly and in my life deserves its due respect!

THIS CORRESPONDENCE
IS FROM A WOMAN IN LOVE
WITH A FORMER INMATE OF
THE ILLINOIS DEPARTMENT
OF CORRECTIONS

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patty For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (05-15-2016), Atomic Songbird (07-15-2012), shaunna (08-19-2013)
Old 07-08-2012, 11:15 AM
98% mean :)
Donation Award 

Thanked 4,043 Times in 1,420 Posts

It wasnt love at first sight or write. Lust at first sight yes. Love came down the line when he opened himself up to me and I did the same it him. When I got to know the man I fell in love with him.
To be with you will save the day
'Cos I know
When I'm with you again
You just steal my heart away

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Psychocandy For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (05-15-2016), Atomic Songbird (07-15-2012)
Old 07-08-2012, 03:40 PM

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonsBabe View Post
I have the same thoughts that love at first sight/write is not possible. Love takes more than that to develop. But I did have that same feeling of my soul recognizing something in him as well, so I completely understand where you are coming from. I was drawn to him, intrigued by him, compelled to move closer and figure out what he was about. It was like he was humming the melody of a song I had heard long ago in a dream, and I am fully aware how freaking corny that sounds. LOL
The Lord is on my side; I will not fear. What can man do to me? The Lord is on my side as my helper; I shall look in triumph on those who hate me. It is better to take refuge in the Lord than to trust in man ~ Psalms 118:6-8 (My man's verse)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Just Jen For This Useful Post:
Atomic Songbird (07-15-2012), MissP76 (12-14-2014)
Old 07-15-2012, 01:27 PM

First I'll say we're all different in how we approach life, and that's fine in my book. There is no 'right' or 'wrong' way to do things. I can only speak for myself.

I would consider myself a hopeless romantic, but to be honest I can't say I believe in love at first sight. I never have. I do believe, as many have previously said here, that you can instantly feel a connection towards someone, and I feel that chemistry can be very real from the start. But for me love is something that requires trust, patience, and whole-hearted acceptance of someone else.

How can I trust someone I've only just met, when trust is something that has to be earned? (That applies whether in prison or in the real world in my book.) How can I have acceptance and patience with someone if I don't know everything about them?

There was definitely a connection when I first started communicating with J; he and I had a lot in common, and realized very early on our personalities ran in sync in a lot of ways. But that connection for me was no different than the connection I would feel towards a close friend. What came later - the deeper emotions - happened once I started to learn about all of him. Something I couldn't have possibly done in one or two letters. Once I learned about his flaws as well as his strengths; the things I adored about him...and the things I didn't like so much...then came the whole-hearted acceptance. When I recognized his complete and utter transparency and honesty...that's when the trust solidified in my mind. Once I knew it all, and realized I only felt more for him, not less, that's when I started to contemplate the proverbial 'L' word in my mind.

So for me it's a gradual thing that happens over time. Certainly I loved the letters in the beginning where he'd flatter or flirt; that never failed to put a smile on my face or little butterflies in my stomach. But it wasn't love at that point. Not compared to the way I feel now.
The Following User Says Thank You to Atomic Songbird For This Useful Post:
shaunna (06-05-2013)
Old 08-20-2013, 07:53 AM

I believe it does happen, for us it was phone calls though. We had so much in common our chemistry was just great, he wasn't looking for a relationship and to make a long story short I wasn't either but it happened I fell in love and so did he and we are happy together. I believe anything is possible before we met, I really didn't entertain the thought of meeting someone I knew nothing about. My mom once said you will meet your soulmate when you least expect it... she was right!
Old 11-10-2013, 11:03 PM

Yes, I think it's possible. I met my MWI through a pen pal site. His headline and bio was super cheesy, but I just thought I give it shot. He hadn't responded back, I switched PO boxes and decided to write again 2 months later and I found out he did write back. We just started talking. I always had him in the back of my mind when we weren't speaking and he said he knew there something different about me. He cancelled his pen pal membership and he calls me all the time. Now we're together, but we're in different states. We are very in love so i think we can get through this.
The Following User Says Thank You to StayGold1988 For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (05-15-2016)
Old 02-03-2014, 02:10 AM
kokomisis

i believe it happens more then most want to admit .this isnt my first relations with some penpal but this is the first time that his letter caught me right away n when we finally met omg it felt so right n had me spinning.he admitted to me he felt the same way i do have to admit i did try to fight it only cuz i met him thru my exfiance.and so to me i was like no way n then he was 10 years younger then me n im like no way.i dont do well with crushes.and i just kept saying if it meant to be when i get back from my daughters and if im approved then i will go see him n i was to my surprised n then when i went to visit my sister in tennessee n we drove to see my brother and his parents lived near by so i went to meet them n wow what can i say they loved me right away and his son really liked me too.and they are planning to come out here to visit in march n im so excited to spend more time with them n him at visit .and he already told me he plans on kissing me in front of his parents.he got transferred n i just got to go see him after five months.we been writing now for 8 mos now n i saw him twice well now three times.and oh yeah at our last visit he told me hes in love with me.
a.rare.love (05-15-2016), maytayah (09-07-2014)
Old 08-11-2014, 11:11 AM

most definitely. !
Old 08-25-2014, 07:56 AM

I am happy for you I hope something very good turns up out of it in the future. It's good that he acted on it and the feeling was mutual.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:32 AM
My ❤ is in Cali Moderator

Pumpkin Hunt Participant 2014 

Donation Award 

I browsed through hundreds of pen pal ads before I found the right one to write to. I wanted someone close to my age with something in common. I had been very ill and had to learn to write again... so I made that very clear in the beginning since at that point my writing looked like a child's.

He took it all in stride, and the more we wrote the more we realized we had in common. Even down to my favorite obscure rock group.

Sounds corny, but meeting him was like putting on a pair of shoes that fit perfectly and comfortably.
CDCr kicked him out of the SHU, YAY!!!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sammy's Girl For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (05-15-2016), Cutepixie (12-14-2014), MissP76 (12-14-2014)
Old 12-14-2014, 01:03 AM

Thanked 1,810 Times in 913 Posts

Yes. It was wonderful. In a previous thread I had written about how I felt compelled or drawn to writing him and continuing to write him...which could equate to the saying "love at first sight". Two years later. We are in a relationship and I absolutely love what we have. He is so dear and special to me. I am embracing every moment I have with him, and am very mindful of the incredible relationship we have. We are always expressing our gratefulness to each other, and that is one more aspect of our relationship I enjoy. The fact that we can both have a terrible day...but when talking to each other, or writing each other can say "I'm so happy that you are in my life" is a benefit for me. He is always making me laugh, always making me smile...and then he'll write "See...I knew I could make you smile" lol. We talk about all sorts of stuff but when we start to get all mushy we say we are going cheese mode...or super cheese I love the fact that you would never imagine in a million years that he would show such a sensitive and loving side, but with me he embraces it fully. Aw, I love my E!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cutepixie For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (05-15-2016), MissP76 (12-14-2014)
Old 12-14-2014, 12:17 PM

Maybe not love at first write, but definitely felt something special pretty quickly. Im married. Never thought about writing a man in prison. One day after watching a show on people writing prisoners and falling in love I laughed, and said Im gonna see what it is these guys write on bios to get women to write them. I came across "him" my heart dropped and I felt this crazy desire to get in touch with him....but I didn't for 7 months, because again I am married, just not right. This guy kept popping in my mind almost daily for months I looked to see if he had a FB page, he did. Finally about 2 months later I wrote a message to the person running his page. She gave him my email and the rest is history lol. It's been 6 months, countless letters, phone calls, an average of 25 emails daily, and 4 visits and I can say as much as we tried not to, we fell in love. It's been a battle at times, we both tried breaking it off, and just can't. We both have hurts we've had to face and deal with during this "relationship". His fear is I won't be there for us to be, when he gets out, my fear is leaving my life to be with him when he gets out, and regretting it down the line. He put me in contact with his family as a support system if I choose to leave my state, and go to his home state to wait for his release. I never imagined I a married woman, who is a professional, the most law abiding person lol would fall in love with a man in prison, 10 years younger, and from a different race, but it happened. He has the most beautiful soul I've ever met, and we compliment each other so much. He makes me strive to be a better person, and he used to be so hot headed, he really has worked on this and now wants to talk out issues rather than blow up. We tell each other daily what a blessing we are to each other. Both of our lives would be easier if we weren't in love so deeply, but we are. It's either fate or we are crazy lol
The Following User Says Thank You to MissP76 For This Useful Post:
KDray12` (05-14-2016)
Old 02-16-2015, 10:22 PM

I met my boyfriend through my penpal, who is his best friend.
I told my best friend that I was going to marry Tim before we ever spoke directly. I just had a feeling about him.

He gets out in the near future and we will see where life takes us...but...if I was right... it'll make a nice story for the grandkids
Old 02-24-2016, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saskatchewanian View Post
I met my boyfriend through my penpal, who is his best friend.
I told my best friend that I was going to marry Tim before we ever spoke directly. I just had a feeling about him.

He gets out in the near future and we will see where life takes us...but...if I was right... it'll make a nice story for the grandkids
Nope, I was wrong.
Old 05-14-2016, 09:27 PM

Smile

I totally agree. I met mines years ago when we were in elementary school together lost contact 17 years later we are back in contact and i know i want to be with him. I fell in love prior too and I don't want to loose him

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcsgirl View Post
YES!!!! ....and i truely believe everybody comes into our lives for a reason

The Following User Says Thank You to KDray12` For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (05-15-2016)
Old 12-30-2017, 06:00 AM
Coopers disciple

I was smitten with his first letter, then became incredibly infatuated, and it grew to be love. Now I am madly in love with this man no matter what.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kirin For This Useful Post:
maytayah (01-14-2018)
Old 01-13-2018, 08:23 PM

I waited two and a half years to write to him. I always knew there was something there.
The Following User Says Thank You to yuliya1991 For This Useful Post:
maytayah (01-14-2018)