Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Kentucky that do not fit into any other Kentucky sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:28 AM

Default New here and need support

HELLO! Im Tonya When my son was 18 he stabbed another 18 year old in self defense. the last 18 months were crazy...a mistrial and a lot of media attention as it was a high profile case. my son ended up receiving Manslaughter 2 and tampering with evidence. He has about 14 months time served and will be eligible for parole at 2 years. His lawyer feels he will sever about 4.5 years total.
He is now at Hardin County Detention center waiting to be moved for classification...which he is ready and anxious for as he wants to do SAP and education classes. How long does this take?
Im coming to grips with the fact that my son will never lead a normal life. he will never be able to safely live in the town he grew up in as there is a racist hate group who has a hit on his head. but, we made it through it. I have since moved away from KY and am rebuilding my life. I have hope that one day my son will be home and he can live a good life
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mimirob For This Useful Post:
patchouli (08-17-2017), xolady (08-22-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-2017, 02:46 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,032 Times in 14,340 Posts

Manslaughter 2nd degree is a Class C with a max sentence of 10 years....meaning he may or may not be sent to Roederer for classification. He could possibly do his time in a county facility (which kicks rocks). Some full service county facilities do offer SAP, but not much of anything else.

If transferred to Roederer, its supposed to happen (I think) within 45 days after sentencing.....but that isn't always the case.

Your son can apply for Interstate Compact to parole to your state. Here are the guidelines & timeline for that:

http://www.interstatecompact.org/

Welcome to PTO!

Old 08-22-2017, 01:05 PM

what is Interstate compact in relation to prison/parole? I could not understand the website we are in Kentucky TY so much!!
Old 08-22-2017, 01:54 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,032 Times in 14,340 Posts

Interstate Compact is when an inmate paroles to a state other than the one he is incarcerated in. If he's in prison in KY, but you live in a different state, he can file for Interstate Compact to transfer his parole to the state you live in.

There is a timeline for him to apply and rules governing who he can parole to out-of-state (family only) and acceptance by the receiving state where you live. He can ask his Counselor about when he should file & for the paperwork to file.