Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > KENTUCKY > Kentucky General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Kentucky General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Kentucky that do not fit into any other Kentucky sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 02-19-2017, 10:11 PM
Donation Award 

Default Intro - Lackingthepower - Kentucky

I have been posting in the pwcip for over a year. I guess I didn't really want to post in Ky. forum out of fear, since my son was on national news and people are cruel. Now, I don't even care. He was sentenced to 20 years and everyone in the media believes what the prosecutor said about him. Even the victim said my son never had a knife. I have no idea where the jury was when that admission was made? Oh well. He has accepted his sentence until his appeal. He just really wants to move on to prison since being in seg at county for over a year.
I am trying to learn what I can about Ky. prison system and may have questions about visits and such when he is moved. Thanks.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lackingthepower For This Useful Post:
mykygal (02-20-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-20-2017, 06:09 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,043 Times in 14,345 Posts

Welcome to the Kentucky forum I'll never understand the injustice system and am terribly sorry about your son's sentence Hopefully his appeal will be successful.

Are you registered with VINELink? You can get email notification of any transfers by signing up: https://vinelink.com/#/home

Is he still in county? If so, his fist stop will by Roederer Correctional....its the assessment & classification facility. He'll be able to call and write, but no visits for the first 60 days.

Don't forget to take care of YOU, you're important in all this too!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Lackingthepower (02-20-2017), mykygal (02-20-2017)
Old 02-20-2017, 10:28 AM
Donation Award 

Thank you for this link. I had seen it before but thought it was for victims. Yes, he is still in county. Final sentencing is set for March.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lackingthepower For This Useful Post:
mykygal (02-20-2017), patchouli (02-20-2017)
Old 02-20-2017, 11:06 AM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Per KYDOC, inmates are supposed to be transferred to prison within 45 days after sentencing. Some go sooner than the 45 days, but many more are stuck in county much longer

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Lackingthepower (02-20-2017), mykygal (02-20-2017)
Old 02-20-2017, 07:04 PM

Lackingthepower - Welcome to the Kentucky forum. These folks are great about answering questions and moral support. I know how you feel about being a high profile case. I have had positive feedback on this site and think very highly of these people.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mykygal For This Useful Post:
David (03-31-2017), Lackingthepower (02-20-2017), patchouli (02-20-2017)
Old 03-31-2017, 11:25 AM
Donation Award 

My son called and was moved to Larue County jail. Not Roederer. He said they have to buy boxers and shoes from commissary. He never asks me for money but I put a little money in when I want. Does anyone know about buying shoes? He said it's not the cleanest facility but better than being in seg. Trying to decompress after being in a cell 23/7. He said guy's have been there for months waiting to go to Roederer. I'll buy the shoes, just weird to me that they don't offer them.
Old 03-31-2017, 11:40 AM
Super Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner Easter Egg Hunt 2013 - Participant 

Thanked 5,265 Times in 2,701 Posts

I believe they are provided black boots and shower shoes. Some get orange crocs. But yes, tennis shoes must be bought.

Once he gets to prison you can buy from www.kentuckypackages.com. The jails have their own commissary though. HERE's the link to Larue Co Jail. It does have a lot of information but I don't see anything about commissary. Maybe call and ask them?
Old 03-31-2017, 12:23 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,698 Times in 1,576 Posts

Even though you are not new, I'd like to say hello and welcome you to the KY forums. Lots of great people here to help. Sorry to hear about how things have gone for your son. The sad truth is a great many prosecutors aren't in it for justice.. They are in it for their career and future. Hopefully on appeal, the facts will come out.

Please don't take this as me making lite of his time, because 20 years is a lot, but my experience has been that life will be better (for lack of a better word) once he gets to prison and can get into a routine, take advantage of whatever programming may be available, and so on. I hated county jail, and I wasn't even in seg. At least it sounds like he's no longer in seg.

No boxers?? That's bs. I understand and have paid for my own tennis shoes while inside. The one question I have, before he buys a lot of things: Will they let him take all of that to prison when he finally transfers? I know every system is different but when I was transferred, I couldn't take anything with me into prison. The only thing they would have allowed was a wedding ring, and I wasn't married, so that didn't matter.

I know it will take a while but I hope he is successful on appeal.
Lackingthepower (04-01-2017)
Old 03-31-2017, 12:35 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

The county I did my time in did not supply bras, panties, socks or shoes (other than those sandal-like shower shoes). As I understand it, the prisons will supply a limited number once / if you get there...but if you do your time in county the only option is 1) commissary, 2) somebody going home that gives away their stuff before leaving.

Its the same here, anything you buy in county is disposed of when you get hit the gates of the prison.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
David (03-31-2017), Lackingthepower (04-01-2017), sass4221 (03-31-2017)
Old 04-01-2017, 04:46 PM
Donation Award 

Thank you for replying and your kindness. I didn't think about not allowing the shoes at Roederer when hes moved.I will ask my son about this. I sent phone minutes but will hold off on the other. Thanks again.
Old 04-01-2017, 05:25 PM
PTO Administrator

Donation Award 

Once he gets to Roederer phone minutes must be paid through Securus:

https://securustech.net/friends

Some county facilities use other providers and phone cards. None of the prison have phone cards and all use Securus.

OH! Also, once he gets to Roederer, no visits for 60 days and no packages or books until he gets to his "home" prison.

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
Lackingthepower (04-01-2017)