Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: Proteced or Unprotected
Protected 292 21.77%
Unprotected 1,049 78.23%
Voters: 1341. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-20-2012, 09:36 AM

I will assure that both of us get a full checkup when he arrives home, but i know if i go pick him up once he's released he's gonna want sum, but as bad as i know i will want it, ima have 2force him 2hold out til the next day, til we both get tested, ....18years 2go hopefully he gets an erd or time cut in half to 9years, im still prayn

Sent from "LadyJay" M860 using PrisonTalk
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-2013, 07:08 PM

We have protected sex to and extent. But only in the extent to protecting against pregnancy. I take the pill religiously because I would hate for us to get pregnant whilst he is still incarcerated. We have neve used condoms, ever!! We both got tested at the start of our relationship, we were clean and seeing as we trust each other 100% the pill is all the protection that we need.

Old 02-22-2013, 07:30 PM

My babe gets tested at the prison and testing is a normal part of my physical so we will definitely go unprotected.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:27 PM

I am saddened to see so many people are willing to gamble with their life. It's awkward and maybe embarrassing, but it's important. Men can transmit a disease that they have had for years and not know it. Pelvic inflamatory disease does not effect men as much as women. If untreated, it can cause infertility issues. So, for all of you that aren't planning on using protection OR testing because you want to start a family, it could be all for not.

For those who plan on testing before you go bare, please remember that some things have incubation periods. The best bet woud be to test when he gets out, use protect, test again in six months. When the second test comes back clear, you're good to go.

Asking your man to get tested and using a condom does not equal an accusation. It just means that you want to be responsible about your health and future.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Divamc For This Useful Post:
horsegirl22 (03-29-2013), ImJustMe123 (10-17-2013), jlw70fl (03-08-2013), LaLuuz (03-07-2013), LeBeau (04-18-2013), Tims<3girl (03-08-2013), xolady (09-20-2014)
Old 03-08-2013, 12:01 AM
Banned

The state of Texas requires an HIV test on release. I've been celibate since the last time I was tested. Right before he went to prison my husband was tested in the military and also hasn't had any sexual contact since then. So yes we'll be unprotected when he comes home. It won't hurt to get tested for hepatitis though, which is a silent killer. The test is more expensive than other STI panels but it's one that people rarely consider but absolutely should ESPECIALLY coming out of prison. You have to specifically ask for that one or it's not typically tested for.
Old 03-08-2013, 06:32 AM
Sweet Thing

If it is with my man go for unprotected after being tested... If it was ever with someone else it would be protection all the way. So for me it depends on the situation. I don't think unprotected or protected sex has anything to do with how much you care for someone

“We loved with a love that was more than love.” ~ Edgar Allan Poe
Old 03-08-2013, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divamc View Post
I am saddened to see so many people are willing to gamble with their life. It's awkward and maybe embarrassing, but it's important. Men can transmit a disease that they have had for years and not know it. Pelvic inflamatory disease does not effect men as much as women. If untreated, it can cause infertility issues. So, for all of you that aren't planning on using protection OR testing because you want to start a family, it could be all for not.

For those who plan on testing before you go bare, please remember that some things have incubation periods. The best bet woud be to test when he gets out, use protect, test again in six months. When the second test comes back clear, you're good to go.

Asking your man to get tested and using a condom does not equal an accusation. It just means that you want to be responsible about your health and future.
My man and I just had this discussion, he was a little upset. I told him that we are going straight to get tested when he gets out. I will do it as well, even though I have been faithful. No problem. If he can't do this little thing to make me feel safe after all that we have been through then so be it--so long! In the past, before he went in of course we had unprotected sex it was a committed relationship for years. Things happen, he will have been locked up for 2 years when he comes home. I am glad that you wrote this because I was thinking about going bare after the first test. We should have protected sex for at least 6 months and then test again. Our lives are valuable. Who doesn't enjoy spontaneous unprotected sex but this is a life or death choice. Sometimes even if you live, it could be a miserable existence if you are HIV positive. Just my 2 cents. lol!
Old 03-09-2013, 07:50 PM
Account Closed
Donation Award 

The necessary tests will have to be done from both of us for sure. My answer is Protected, until further notice...period! If we decide to have children then that will have to change.
Old 03-29-2013, 11:38 PM

Damn unprotected sex is the best ! But when my man comes home definitely using birth control don't want to have another baby yet .
Old 03-31-2013, 11:10 AM
Formerly Mike'sbabyboy

Thanked 1,252 Times in 673 Posts

Well, I am most definitely for safe sex. I say it depends on your relationship. I have been with my man (domestic partner) for almost 18 years, so we don't use protection. You have to know that you can trust your partner on that level. I know I can trust Mike. If either of us felt the need for condoms after all this time, then maybe we have trust issues and probably should not be together. So for us, it's fine. Every relationship is different.

Old 04-04-2013, 08:01 PM
patiently waiting

with birth control, you best believe when he gets out there will be no condoms in sight! i love him and if i got pregnant, he would be so excited. so although we would not be trying to if i did get pregnant it wouldn't be the end of the world.

True Love Waits..
Old 04-05-2013, 05:17 PM

My husband was tested before our trailer visits. They prison provides 6 condoms on the 2 day visit but we do not use them.
Old 04-18-2013, 08:52 PM

Unprotected for me, we are both allergic to condoms...literally! I get tested every 6 months even though I am not out there doing anything for HIV because I love my tattoos but my husband will be tested prior to his release due to NYS DOC mandates it. He gets plenty of love without the glove and he doesn't believe in birth control as to its not natural, so baby making time it is lol!

Old 04-18-2013, 10:13 PM
♥Mike&amp;Dawn♥

When Mike comes home we will both go together and get tested for everygthing that we could possibly have. Im not going to take a chance with my life. Our children need us around not sick or dead. Once we are clear its one!

The best way to judge a society is by the way it cares for its prisoners.~Winston Churchill
Old 04-19-2013, 09:32 AM
Account Closed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JASNBENG View Post
Unprotected for me, we are both allergic to condoms...literally! I get tested every 6 months even though I am not out there doing anything for HIV because I love my tattoos but my husband will be tested prior to his release due to NYS DOC mandates it. He gets plenty of love without the glove and he doesn't believe in birth control as to its not natural, so baby making time it is lol!
My love was tested when he was transferred to another facility.. they make him test prior to his release again?
Old 10-17-2013, 08:31 AM

I think that I will use protection when he first gets out, and then once he's tested we will not use protection, my tubes are tied so I don't have to worry about getting pregnant. I trust him, but it's better to be safe then sorry.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:37 AM

My man is the only guy I've ever gone "bare" with. I'm on birth control and we've both been tested, STDs weren't an issue. I plan to have him tested again once he gets out, and then we will probably continue going "bare."
Old 10-20-2013, 06:40 PM

In this day and age .... even if you are married you have to protect yourself... I know we love our man to death...but I got kids so I want to live...he will be getting tested after release
Old 10-20-2013, 08:12 PM

Protected when he first come home.. you asking to get pregnant, he will be potent
Old 11-08-2013, 07:10 PM

Protected. No questions about it. Well.. Maybe as time goes by we may ease up. on holidays and birthdays. LOL

Old 11-18-2013, 05:00 PM

He is the only one I want, and I do not want anything between his body and mine. We have always done it bare
Old 11-19-2013, 01:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marquesshannon
Protected when he first come home.. you asking to get pregnant, he will be potent
"He will be potent"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Ahhhh! Marquesshannon reading that literally made my night! That's freaking funny-- I love the "prison humor" bc I feel it def helps you make it through! Having/maintaining a relationship with an incarcerated LO is hard enough& the waiting sucks.. The silly prison humor helps make it all a little bit lighter, which we ALL need!

I had a really good laugh! Thank you for that! ;P
Old 11-19-2013, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSLsButterfly View Post
"He will be potent"

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Ahhhh! Marquesshannon reading that literally made my night! That's freaking funny-- I love the "prison humor" bc I feel it def helps you make it through! Having/maintaining a relationship with an incarcerated LO is hard enough& the waiting sucks.. The silly prison humor helps make it all a little bit lighter, which we ALL need!

I had a really good laugh! Thank you for that! ;P
It's definitely the truth. Last year mine was in jail for a month because they decided to tack on a new charge after 4 years. He had been told by doctors that the chances of him ever getting a woman pregnant were 1 in 10. We spent over a year trying. When he came home from jail we were making love 2-3 times a day for the first couple of weeks and I became pregnant with his miracle baby
Old 12-01-2013, 10:28 PM
Love Endureth

^^^^^^ LOL! I sure hope that is true because my womb is willing and ready for his seed!!

Before he got locked up we were trying to conceive our first baby, so once he comes out with all the tests cleared, we will go right back to trying, so I vote unprotected sex. It's the best! =)
Parole date: 7/2014 (denied/no reset)
EOS: 12/27/15 ( my belated Christmas gift)

Old 09-20-2014, 03:18 PM
Fed-X is Back!
Donation Award 

Thanked 7,837 Times in 1,601 Posts

Thread re-opened.