Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > LOVING A... > Loving a Lifer
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Loving a Lifer For those whose loved one is serving a life sentence.

Old 03-30-2015, 01:32 PM
Wally~LOUD&Proud

It's mainly his personality and how he treats me. He's the BEST friend I ever had! We also have a long history together and share a child however I LOVE him for who he is and that is why I stay even when it's REALLY hard & lonely.
Old 05-05-2015, 01:13 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,652 Times in 761 Posts

Even though my lifer and I are no longer married, mutual respect and friendship is the glue that holds us together now!
Old 06-08-2015, 05:04 AM

It's history and just the kind of man he is. He has been through so much in life yet his heart is so big. He uplifts me and the kids and he loves us unconditionally.
Old 06-17-2015, 08:47 AM

Thanked 1,818 Times in 914 Posts

His ability to be so positive, so loving, caring and always show me love regardless of what situation we are in.
Old 06-20-2015, 04:29 AM

The fact that he loves me for who I am not what I look like. Also that he is very blunt when he says anything. If I mess up he tells me. Loves that I'm loyal that's the big one. He is gorgeous and physically fit which is a bonus. Just the great man he is.
Old 06-25-2015, 10:02 AM

Default thank you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormChild View Post
I love his eyes, and how they let me know exactly what he's feeling no matter what his face is saying. When I think about our wedding day all I can visualise are his beautiful brown eyes looking into mine -- it made no difference that we were in a visiting room or that we weren't allowed to come up with our own vows; everything he was promising me was right there in his eyes.

I love the way he decides what needs to be done and just does it. He doesn't wait for somebody to see that he's doing the right thing and always seems surprised when I let him know that I've noticed. He has his own inner barometer for measuring the man he wants to be in the world, and he works as hard as he can not to allow prison to compromise that. He does it for himself, and for me and the kids, and genuinely doesn't expect any recognition from anybody.

But best of all I love who we are together. Our relationship is a lot more than the sum of each of us alone -- we make each other stronger and brighter and better. He's proven to me that when the worst happens he'll put his own feelings aside to help me through it, and when he's the one who needs help he isn't too proud to lean on me and share the burden. Where one of us is strong the other is weak and vice versa -- we balance each other perfectly. To put it simply, we just fit.

Excellent idea for a thread, Ann.
Beautifully written StormChild! Thank you so much for this!
Bridget
Old 06-26-2015, 03:39 PM

Unlike a lot of you I didn't know my love growing up. didn't know he existed until we met up almost 5 years ago. He is the sweetest Man I've ever known. He sees things differently than most of us do and has a deep appreciation for those loyal to him. He is a man who has everything from looks, to a hot body, to a great personality, and the biggest heart around. He could pretty much have any woman he saw. Supermodel status women included. But this man does not put physical looks of a woman at the top of the list as what he looks for in a partner. He knows how to appreciate a woman and knows how one should be treated. He is a man who loves from the heart, treats me as if everyone and everything is beneath me. And although I tell him countless times that I'm just a woman, he doesn't see me that way. He has certain behaviors that I believe would not be present if he were not in prison. He is a man who believes that the Lord is one who can and will bring him home. He is a man who only wants a simple life that he can live with the woman he loves. Not materialistic, not money hungry, would give up the last of what he hadin order to help anyone less fortunate and don't ever expect anything in return. He is a man who was taught how to behave and how to treasure and cherish every moment with his loved ones because Tomorrow isn't promised to any of us. He knows not to take anything or anyone for granted and doesn't take advantage of anyone. He is just a normal guy who wants to have what every other normal guy has. Freedom, happiness, a woman to love that will love only him and be loyal to only him. He is the perfect guy. The guy who I truly believe was brought to me by GOD. My faith and my trust in my love for him and his for me. That's what holds me to him.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to maniacswifey619 For This Useful Post:
Bryanna814 (03-22-2017), Zed (06-26-2015)
Old 05-22-2017, 09:49 PM
Married May 27, 2017!

He is my best friend, my childhood protector and sweetheart, my soulmate. I was devastated when his family told me that he was dead instead of telling me that he went to prison. I couldn't eat for a couple of months. I thought my life was over.

I did marry someone else, but six months after my marriage (7 years after his family told me he was dead) I found out that he was still alive. So I wrote. And I realized I was still in love with him, moreover that he was falling in love with me finally.

My husband was terminally ill and was actually glad to see we were working out.

So on Saturday- I marry him, and I'm at a loss for words as to what I will say. They don't make words for this.
Old 08-28-2017, 04:25 PM

Smile myzadill

I am new to this but I want to say that I found a real man who loves me for me who doesn't ask me for anything just to love him and except him for who he is I see how this strong man who at sometimes needs to be heartless melts every time I say hello to him he is everything I wanted and everything I was looking for in a man in a soul mate
Old 07-08-2018, 09:26 PM

Default Suffering has made him strong

I met my lifer through a friend and I had no intention of hooking up with anyone on the inside. I just wanted to be a pen pal. But he intrigued me right away because he had so much insight into life and behavior due to his own suffering. I have never heard him complain about his situation, and I have never met anyone who loves life and finds joy in it as much as him. Unless there is a miracle, he will never get out so I am amazed at his zest for living when so many people on the outside give up when facing so much less. My guy is a class act and he not only listens to me, he hears me. Everyone deserves to be loved and we are developing something wonderful that transcends walls and barriers. We both work hard at it and he told me one time, "You are hope." People will never understand, I didn't either at one time, but what we have is healthy and good. I am a functional woman who does well in life and is not needy. I am the perfect fit for him and he sometimes takes my breath away. I am a better human being because of my man and I thank him every day for helping me to live with gratitude.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to RaeLR For This Useful Post:
filmgirl123 (07-09-2018), Hurley123 (09-30-2018), Sarianna (07-09-2018), smiles844 (Today), Taliba00 (08-04-2018)
Old 09-30-2018, 08:17 PM
Strong Heart, Smart Mind

The Glue that holds my husband and I together is each other .. We have formed our foundation within the other of trust love and complete respect along with the freedom to be who we are as individuals we are not jealous we are not perfect but we are the glue that holds each other together and down ...

The most unimaginable feelings!
The most unbelievable love!
I have found within you!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oceansdrm For This Useful Post:
smiles844 (Today), WaitingWilkes (10-11-2018)
Old 10-11-2018, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceansdrm View Post
The Glue that holds my husband and I together is each other .. We have formed our foundation within the other of trust love and complete respect along with the freedom to be who we are as individuals we are not jealous we are not perfect but we are the glue that holds each other together and down ...

"Freedom to be who we are as individuals we are not jealous" describes my wife and me. We negotiated what our relationship is over time. I recognize that she has a life inside. She recognizes that I have one outside. We make the most of the little bit that overlaps.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WaitingWilkes For This Useful Post:
maytayah (10-11-2018), smiles844 (Today)