Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > When the Relationship is Over...
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

When the Relationship is Over... This forum is about discussing your thoughts, feelings and issues now that you and your incarcerated (or formerly incarcerated) loved one are no longer together. (This forum is NOT for bashing - please read the rules before posting.)

Old 10-07-2018, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marseille View Post
How does he keep contacting you if you’ve “blocked him on everything”? You’re leaving a key in the flowerpot for him somewhere.

I said I blocked him after the last hot and cold incident.
It says it right there
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2018, 10:40 AM
Is in the Hizzouse!

So sad. If he is not a narcissist, his traits are really high. Good for you for maintaining. I've done and been through the EXACT same thing.
The Following User Says Thank You to MissOne For This Useful Post:
nawlinsrainy (10-08-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawlinsrainy View Post
Yes you're right.
I've gone no contact again.
I had a moment of weakness.

I think he's a narcissist- I know everyone says that their ex is a narc- but in this case it's actually true lol
I've blocked him on everything.
Trying to stay strong- I do well with NO contact with him, when I talk to him in any way I get sucked back in.

Everything is still good- my other trip is still on, school is good etc
I'll just keep going!

Understandable! Contact is my weakness as well. I have phone calls scheduled for Fridays at 3:30pm with my ex so he can talk to our daughter, and I actually dread knowing there's a chance he might call. I imagine that with time it will get easier, especially if you stick to the "no contact" part.

Just focus on yourself!
The Following User Says Thank You to Rigora For This Useful Post:
nawlinsrainy (10-08-2018)
Old 10-08-2018, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissOne View Post
So sad. If he is not a narcissist, his traits are really high. Good for you for maintaining. I've done and been through the EXACT same thing.
The good news is that I'm becoming sick to death of this fool!
He's becoming boring and annoying to me.
Thankfully-
That's far better than crying my eyes out over this idiot lol
The Following User Says Thank You to nawlinsrainy For This Useful Post:
Hurley123 (10-14-2018)
Old 10-14-2018, 03:30 PM

Just giving an update for anyone who is following and cares about what happens in this train wreck lol

I haven't contacted him.
I went on a date last night- I wasn't really looking to meet someone new; but this guy is really cool so I went.
He's great- tall, gorgeous, really old fashioned and a complete gentleman.
He has a good day job and works on his MBA part time.

Anyway we went out for dinner and then went for a walk-
He kissed me by the river under a street lamp while it was snowing.
It was a really beautiful moment and I really needed something like that.
Not sure what will happen- just kinda going with the flow
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to nawlinsrainy For This Useful Post:
candy (11-06-2018), Crazychick12 (10-17-2018), eyeball (10-14-2018), fbopnomore (10-15-2018), gta5518 (10-15-2018), Hurley123 (10-14-2018), maytayah (11-10-2018), MizzyMuffling (10-15-2018), nimuay (10-14-2018), Tinker8ell55 (10-14-2018)
Old 11-10-2018, 09:08 AM

Hi everyone!
Just checking in with a little update.

I've been doing well- I got a second job so I can start saving some money for my forex trading lol
I've been dating- I've met a few really cool guys online and had some really great conversations.
I continued to see the guy who kissed me under the street lamp in the snow- he's an amazing guy.
I went to see him last time ( he lives 4 hours away- he always drives to see me, so I took my turn) he showed me a really great time.
He took me out for dinner, walking by the river, then he took me on a roller coaster, then we went out to a blues bar and then we went back to his house and he set up his spare room for me to sleep in ( very sweet)
We stayed up talking about politics and history for hours and hours.
I didn't stay in that spare room.... I ended up having sex with him all night and then all morning before I drove home- it was glorious and just what I needed after two years of waiting for mwi.
Anyway- we're both students who work full time, so we don't get to see eachother much- we're going to take it slow which works for me a lot, I'm not ready for a full on commitment yet.
I'm looking forward to seeing him again though.

I date the others but don't sleep with anyone else- I do enjoy being taken out again and getting to do my hair and make up.
I'm just having fun I suppose.

I have spoken to the bank robber and he's been trying really hard to prove to me that he's sorry and he wants to get back together.
He has actually been trying really hard- but why do men always realize and start trying when it's too late? Has anyone else noticed that?
They won't listen even though you tell them a million times they're hurting you and you're going to leave- then you finally do and they come back begging and finally acting like they should've all along- smdh.

I told him Im having fun being single and not right now- he said he'll wait for me until I'm ready.
But I don't believe him lol
Who knows- maybe he will wait for me, like I waited for him- but I doubt it haha
Anyway all good here!! Just focusing on my own life and I'm feeling good.

Cleaned all my drawers yesterday and got rid of a bunch of things I don't need.
Today I'm cleaning out my car.
Tomorrow I'm cleaning out my painting art room.
I'm so happy I got that second job too!!!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to nawlinsrainy For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (11-22-2018), eyeball (11-13-2018), fbopnomore (11-10-2018), LifeTraveler (11-29-2018), maytayah (11-10-2018), MizzyMuffling (11-23-2018), Rigora (11-10-2018), Sarianna (11-10-2018)
Old 11-10-2018, 09:56 AM

Good for you! It sounds like you're having a lot of fun! And congratulations on the second job.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rigora For This Useful Post:
a.rare.love (11-22-2018)
Old 11-10-2018, 10:19 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 3,633 Times in 1,637 Posts

I am glad you are out there dating and having fun, good for you! Not to be harsh but I do think it is kind of surprising that you feel the need to talk about your MWI ex as "the bank robber" - I understand there is sometimes bitterness when relationships end but if you're truly over him, why not just cut all contact and totally move on with your life - I believe it would probably be the best for both of you

Congrats on your second job - you are doing great and that is good to hear

Last edited by Sarianna; 11-10-2018 at 11:17 AM..
The Following User Says Thank You to Sarianna For This Useful Post:
sidewalker (11-11-2018)
Old 11-22-2018, 02:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nawlinsrainy View Post
Hi everyone!
Just checking in with a little update.

I've been doing well- I got a second job so I can start saving some money for my forex trading lol
I've been dating- I've met a few really cool guys online and had some really great conversations.
I continued to see the guy who kissed me under the street lamp in the snow- he's an amazing guy.

I went to see him last time ( he lives 4 hours away- he always drives to see me, so I took my turn) he showed me a really great time.

He took me out for dinner, walking by the river, then he took me on a roller coaster, then we went out to a blues bar and then
we went back to his house and he set up his spare room for me to sleep in ( very sweet)

We stayed up talking about politics and history for hours and hours.
-

I didn't stay in that spare room....

I ended up having sex with him all night and then all morning before I drove home- it was glorious and just what I needed after two years of waiting for mwi.

I have spoken to the bank robber and he's been trying really hard to prove to me that he's sorry

I got that second job too!!!

EEE! happy for you on the new job/second one, and i am happy at how HAPPY you're sounding..."

AND LOL about calling him that, well, imo he is that so it is not a BAD thing to call him ya know. and "they realize it when it's too late because they are either 1.)selfish during the time they had your wonderful loyal self or #2.(they are just idiots) and or #3.)Weak pathetic and have no love for themselves, let alone some 1 else who is loyal mature faithful wonderful, as you were to your ex. chica. that's why imo.) and i will make this long because i love ur update! i feel your happiness i really do. NEW GUY SOUND AMAZIN' 'and isn't it a great feelin when all is good chica in ur life. #NWI(not worth it)sittin around wasting time and life on a man who clearly is not the one for u, but sometimes it just take longer for us to realize it. You're sounding so happy..." i can FEEL your happiness in this entire thread/post update and remember a few more things i want to post to you this holiday chica:

Talkin' politics and other things for HOURS is the sweetest(When you're moving on/with a great guy etc., and just talking like that and enjoying
each other is truly a blessing, and he sound wonderful) he really do, he sound great... Just remember while you're dating etc., and this guy you(have became intimate with) to:

-
ENJOY LIFE...
Do NOT rush anything.TAKE IT SLOW.(But enjoy him!)wink

ENJOY EACH GOD-BLESSED DAY

and
enjoy being free of ANYTHING/EVERYTHING that is not good healthy for u nor respectful,
because life is too short to sit-n- soak and e all sad because of some "guy."

Glad you're doing well and i just drop ya pm today chica
hugs -n- blessings and happy thanksgiving!

Last edited by a.rare.love; 11-22-2018 at 02:29 PM..
The Following User Says Thank You to a.rare.love For This Useful Post:
AYD1199 (11-27-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 06:17 PM

Ok it's me again...
Oh boy.....

So, I'm sure all of you are sick to death of me and my ups and downs with this whole damn situation.
But, life is weird and messy and people are crazy ( me)
I figured I'd continue to check in with everyone on my situation if any new developments arise- despite the fact that I know everyone probably thinks I'm an idiot half the time lol

So, things are good! My new job is good, my day trading is going well, school is good! Everything is still on track.
Except--- well Im heading to Texas in 1.5 week to see the bank robber....

The update on that--- I guess things didn't work out so well with his daughter and he isn't going for any kind of custody of her- he's just going to see her when he can and take her out for lunch etc- I don't think he took into account how teenagers can be..
It appears she was playing one parent off the other and she should stay with her mother- I guess she was being super manipulative...
Anyway- he's back at his job that he had at the halfway house- he moved back into the city and got his own place, his PO is giving him a lot of freedom because he's working 14 hours a day and he's doing really well!
So he sorted himself and his life out- then he came back for me.
He apologized profusely- poured his heart out and essentially begged me to come to Texas and was hoping to try again.
He was really heartfelt and explained he felt super guilty about his daughter and wanted to do right by her, but he realized she's not the little 4 year old she used to be etc

I've had him on a sort of probation and he's back to being the man I fell in love with when we were MWI- and he's been consistent about it.
So, Im heading to Texas!
He paid for half my flight and gave me a couple hundred dollars to come down with for spending money while I'm there- my last final exam is next week and my boss at my second job said I could take the 4 days off.

I'll let you all know how it goes when I get back.

I do still love him- I always did.
What we had as MWI was real, it's just that real life got in the way when he got out.
It might not work out, but life is an adventure and I don't have kids or any serious responsibilities that will be impacted if I go.
Im a bit of a free bird, so why not pick up what he's putting down lol

Oh yeah- the guy I really liked that I had sex with all night is mad at me and doesn't return my texts.
I can't blame him though, I was honest about everything and he is done with me now lol

You can't win them all!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nawlinsrainy For This Useful Post:
eyeball (11-27-2018), LifeTraveler (11-29-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by a.rare.love View Post
EEE! happy for you on the new job/second one, and i am happy at how HAPPY you're sounding..."

AND LOL about calling him that, well, imo he is that so it is not a BAD thing to call him ya know. and "they realize it when it's too late because they are either 1.)selfish during the time they had your wonderful loyal self or #2.(they are just idiots) and or #3.)Weak pathetic and have no love for themselves, let alone some 1 else who is loyal mature faithful wonderful, as you were to your ex. chica. that's why imo.) and i will make this long because i love ur update! i feel your happiness i really do. NEW GUY SOUND AMAZIN' 'and isn't it a great feelin when all is good chica in ur life. #NWI(not worth it)sittin around wasting time and life on a man who clearly is not the one for u, but sometimes it just take longer for us to realize it. You're sounding so happy..." i can FEEL your happiness in this entire thread/post update and remember a few more things i want to post to you this holiday chica:

Talkin' politics and other things for HOURS is the sweetest(When you're moving on/with a great guy etc., and just talking like that and enjoying
each other is truly a blessing, and he sound wonderful) he really do, he sound great... Just remember while you're dating etc., and this guy you(have became intimate with) to:

-
ENJOY LIFE...
Do NOT rush anything.TAKE IT SLOW.(But enjoy him!)wink

ENJOY EACH GOD-BLESSED DAY

and
enjoy being free of ANYTHING/EVERYTHING that is not good healthy for u nor respectful,
because life is too short to sit-n- soak and e all sad because of some "guy."

Glad you're doing well and i just drop ya pm today chica
hugs -n- blessings and happy thanksgiving!
You're my favourite person on this website- I always read your comments and I love how supportive, energetic, and kind you are!!
You're seriously wonderful
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nawlinsrainy For This Useful Post:
AYD1199 (11-27-2018), fbopnomore (11-28-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 06:30 PM

A sweet little anecdote-
When I would fly from Canada to Louisiana to visit him in prison- I would sing this song to him in the visiting room.
He sang it back to me recently on Skype.
It was terribly romantic.

I may be back here crying again lol- but for now, MWI is back on
Old 11-27-2018, 06:57 PM

One more song.
I used to sit in my room playing this on guitar crying lol
Not it's not so sad

Old 11-28-2018, 02:42 AM

Thank you for the update.

I hope it all goes well for you both.

Best wishes,

Shelby
Old 11-28-2018, 08:06 PM

Cool, I'm also graduating next week and do stock trading! Good luck with your guy, he sounds like one of the good ones