Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 05-24-2017, 11:07 AM

Default How long for release date? Parole approved F19R. Class complete 5/4/17

Approved for parole 2015 (F19R).
Completed classes 05/04/17.
My address was approved by PO and an investegator that came to my house 5/08/17
No disciplinary issues and still hasn't received his certificate for completing the class or a release certificate.
Most recent phone call to the Release # was today.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-25-2017, 06:52 AM

Wish I could help but someone will come a long and give you some info. We are kind of in the same boat.
Old 05-25-2017, 10:34 AM
Donation Award 

TDCJ is slow about everything! They are probably waiting for a sign off on the certificate to proceed to a discharge date. Good luck!
Old 05-25-2017, 06:54 PM

Thanked 11,113 Times in 6,009 Posts

What is the date associated with the vote? It is not enough to simply say that the program is completed. The month of tentative release is essential to answering ANY of these sorts of questions.

And, where the completion is prior to the target month, then there is a reasonable expectation of sitting until that target month. The Board, many months ago, adopted the position that they were not going to entertain transmittals on victim/sex cases to modify the vote.

The release certificate is not provided until they are at the release facility and signing the paperwork.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:46 PM

Yes, I should have notated that. Target month is this month (May) & class was completed 1 week early.
ID/Social Security paperwork has been filled. As far as the release certificate goes, I wondered because I've seen posts that some had received them prior to bein released or moving to release unit
Old 05-25-2017, 07:52 PM

Thanked 11,113 Times in 6,009 Posts

ID and SS paperwork has no bearing on release date. It is a process that runs parallel to the review process, occasionally with the initial review and sometimes on a subsequent review simply because the staff didn't have him on their list the first go-round. There are plenty of people in TDCJ who saw 're-entry' more than a few years ago...

I have never, in 30 years, seen an instance where a TDCJ offender being released to parole or mandatory supervision received their Proclamation of Parole/Mandatory Supervision prior to the release destination and generally being within sight of the doors from which they will gulp fresh air. This is precisely because the person issuing it to them has them sign that ALL conditions of supervision have been read and reporting instructions given. The computer-generated notice of decision that includes Special Conditions is not a release certificate.

There are also cases where someone may be run through the SISP panel at the last minute or there could be a last-minute protest. Until someone is out the door, the Board has an obligation to consider any and all new information (protests). And yes, I have seen people at the Walls, within sight of the doors, who had a vote rescinded. It sucks when it happens, but it occurs more than people might imagine...
Old 05-25-2017, 08:08 PM

Well that's good to know, thank you for the info. I'm excited, but I guess I won't hold my breath should it not turn out good I'll be prepared. If it happens, it happens and I won't give it further thought. Thanks again for the info