Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > TEXAS > Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Texas Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release & community service in the State of Texas should be posted here. Also found here is information in creating Parole Packets, discussion of Parole Attorneys, etc.

Old 06-08-2012, 11:56 AM

Default Parole -- Release certificate printed...how long to get the release date?

Hi,

A little background.... in April of this year my husband received an FI-3r... he was already in Changes and completed the class on May 8th, our home address was approved on May 16th and his parole officer updated the vote to an FI-1 on the same day..... this morning I was told his release certificate was printed on June 5th... what has everyone's experience with how long it takes to get the release date? The woman I spoke with told me it could take several weeks, but wouldn't be more specific. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you and enjoy your weekends!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2012, 06:31 PM

Thanked 11,113 Times in 6,009 Posts

A parole officer cannot alter the Board vote (no matter whether you were talking about the unit IPO or a field officer). It would require a transmittal to be prepared by the Division and sent to the Board with a request that the previous vote be rescinded and replaced with an FI-1.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:02 PM

Thanked 4,963 Times in 2,974 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by leighcourty View Post
... what has everyone's experience with how long it takes to get the release date? ...
I'm afraid that you probably can't get an answer better than the one you already have of "several weeks". What you would find if you could quickly poll everyone here, past or present, is that the actual number is all over the map. TDC's official line is up to 21 days after the parole certificate has issued and that is as accurate an answer as you can get.
Old 06-11-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenTexLyn View Post
A parole officer cannot alter the Board vote (no matter whether you were talking about the unit IPO or a field officer). It would require a transmittal to be prepared by the Division and sent to the Board with a request that the previous vote be rescinded and replaced with an FI-1.

Thanks, CenTexLyn. That is was I thought as well. I guess they much work fast, out home address was approved by the parole office at 4:45 pm on May 16th and when I called the status line the following morning at 8 am, the woman I spoke with told me the vote had been updated to the FI-1 on May 16th after our home address was approved.

Thank you for your time!
Old 06-11-2012, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinsMan View Post
I'm afraid that you probably can't get an answer better than the one you already have of "several weeks". What you would find if you could quickly poll everyone here, past or present, is that the actual number is all over the map. TDC's official line is up to 21 days after the parole certificate has issued and that is as accurate an answer as you can get.

Thank you, Royce. I travel for a living so I'll prepare as best as possilbe.