Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Indiana Prison & Jail Visitation, Phones, Packages & Mail Topics / Information relating to the Indiana Department of Corrections and local / county Jail visitation, phone calls, mail, inmate care packages, etc

Old 10-08-2008, 08:32 PM

Default Question about Miami Correctional Facility Visitation Form

First of all, I would like to say hi as I am new to the forum.

I received a visitation request form from my boyfriend from Miami today. However, upon reading it, I see that I have to fill out my estranged husband's name on the form. My concern is that he is an Eight time felon within the Indiana-Illinois-Alabama system, and I fear that if his name is on the form, they will deny me visitation because of his HIS record. Am I merely being paranoid, or is this going to affect seeing my boyfriend (who is actually a former friend of my husband)?

~ Trix
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2008, 06:53 AM

Default hello

you know my husband was at putnamville and i never had to fill out a form. now they moved him to miami and he has been there about a month and ive never been sent a form from there either. i havent went to visit yet cause its a 3 hrs drive for me. ive called up there and leave messages to his counciler to make sure he can have visits before i drive that far and you know that counciler NEVER has returned any of my calls. i wonder why some people get forms and others dont?? none of it makes sence and what does it matter who your ex is? they want to know some weird stuff i dont see what your ex has to do with you visiting someone. good luck
Old 11-13-2008, 07:59 AM

DANNY iS iN MiAMi. i JUST GOT THE ViSiTOR APP. THE OTHER DAY....WE ARE DATiNG i GUESS YOU COULD SAY...BUT i FOUND iT VERY ODD THAT THEY WANTED TO KNOW MY HUSBAND'S NAME...i WROTE DANNY AND ASKED HiM iF i RLY HAVE TO PUT MY SOON TO BE EX HUSBANDS NAME ON THERE....STiLL WAiTiNG ON A RESPONSE...THESE PLACES ARE GETTiNG STRANGER BY THE DAY!
Old 11-13-2008, 03:47 PM

I am dating/engaged to my boyfriend, and I've never been married before, but the form I got from him to visit at MCF, was just a half sheet of paper that asked my name, address, age, phone number, relation to the inmate, and then asked if I had ever worked for an Indiana DOC, and asked for any criminal record I had other than traffic offences. I sent it back the same day I received it from him, and a week later I was on his visiting list. That was just a month ago.

Last edited by Waiting Angel; 11-13-2008 at 03:48 PM.. Reason: added last line
Old 11-14-2008, 02:53 PM

I wasn't fully divorced at the time I filled mine out and didn't list my estranged husband's name and I got on the list with no problem.