Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > MICHIGAN > Michigan General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Michigan General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Michigan that do not fit into any other Michigan sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 05-17-2002, 04:20 PM

Question Michigan prisons?

Am new to this site but it is awesome how you are all so supportive of each other. Haven't seen any info on Michigan--does anyone know anyone in prison there? Do you know what any of the prisons are like or have any experiences bad or good with the Mich system?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2002, 03:43 AM
Missing u so bad!

hi and welcome. unfortunally I can't be much help on your question, but I'm sure somebody will be able to help you out. maybe you can find some links under general resources?
*I was at my lowest & had thrown in the towel 2 surrender. I got knocked down & was out 4 the count. Ironically-u stepped n-2 my corner after the knock down.U never saw how good of a fighter I could be and u still had faith in me*
Old 05-04-2008, 07:10 PM
nicksgirl

Default new to michigan to prison system

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carisa View Post
Am new to this site but it is awesome how you are all so supportive of each other. Haven't seen any info on Michigan--does anyone know anyone in prison there? Do you know what any of the prisons are like or have any experiences bad or good with the Mich system?
hi carisa my husband has been in mi prison for two years and hes been in midmichigan and they were still and very rude cos although my husband and i did get married there. then he went to camp branch in coldwater mi, they were a little more relaxed there, until some people pulled some crap and they got pretty stiff too. very nice cos. then to florence crane, he said it was more relaxed there.now hes transferred to jackson awaiting to see where he will go from there. he has a parole hearing at the end of this month and if all goes well he will be home in november. please pray for us. i hope this has helped you out a little.
Old 05-05-2008, 04:55 AM
Home since April 2009!!

Carisa,

Welcome To Michigan Forum!! What Kind Of Questions Are You Looking For? Most Of Us Here Have Someone Locked Up In Michigan.

Loving the freedom......
Old 05-05-2008, 11:12 AM
No BULLSHIT member
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,792 Times in 3,569 Posts

this member "Carisa" hasn't posted in nearly 4 years folks.
Old 05-05-2008, 11:49 AM
Clueless Michigan Member
Donation Award 

LOL I can't believe that I missed that!

Good catch Anothersurvivor!!!!

Old 05-05-2008, 12:14 PM
Home since April 2009!!

I Didnt Catch That Either.!!

Too Funny.

Loving the freedom......
Old 05-05-2008, 06:02 PM
nicksgirl

i also missed that oops!
Old 05-05-2008, 07:54 PM
aint seen me crazy yet!

She has no information either.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:02 PM
scotts wife

Default mid michigan..

Isnt mid michigan a wonderful prison? NOt.. I have nothing good to say about that one. My hubby just got moved from there, to Pugsley, he said EVERY ONE there is on some type of medication, My husband doesnt need meds.... Id like to know what they have in mind! Has any one heard that after October, if you are under 18 months they are going to move you to your region? Michigan has 3. Also any one heard anything about truth in sentencing? Are they going to do away with it and give them back their good time? That would make better since than early releases for CSC, and did you hear they are letting CSC out, and then housing them in hotels and michigan is footing the bill, $550. per month, that was on WOOD tv news. Plus the hotels logo is kids stay for free? does this raise red flags to any one but me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckysara69 View Post
hi carisa my husband has been in mi prison for two years and hes been in midmichigan and they were still and very rude cos although my husband and i did get married there. then he went to camp branch in coldwater mi, they were a little more relaxed there, until some people pulled some crap and they got pretty stiff too. very nice cos. then to florence crane, he said it was more relaxed there.now hes transferred to jackson awaiting to see where he will go from there. he has a parole hearing at the end of this month and if all goes well he will be home in november. please pray for us. i hope this has helped you out a little.
Old 08-20-2009, 11:50 PM
Sadly missed PTO Warrior
Donation Award 

Thanked 1,991 Times in 1,322 Posts

I would be interested in seeing some links to where you are getting your information. Scottswife.
NOBODY, sex offenders or others can get out before thier ERDs and ONLY with the approval of the parole board. A crime is a crime and none are better or worse than another. As for where they house sex offenders when they are released is something that is watched very closely. They have safety zones that they cannot work nor live within. I think you are hearing rumors and not facts. But feel free to provide some links if you have them.