Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > General Prison Talk
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

General Prison Talk Does your issue not fit into another forum? Post it here. Find support, answers and assistance.

Old 02-09-2017, 09:52 PM

Default Status: Out of Custody

Hi. Hopefully I'm posting in the right spot and someone can help
me.
There is someone that has help caused some issues in my life. She was sentenced to prison in Iowa back in August for multiple probation violations. She was free at the time and from what I can tell, she was supposed to turn herself in and do her 30 days in County and then they would transport to prison. I don't think she ever went bc I kept checking the sites and didn't see her listed. I also checked vinelink and it showed her as out of custody. Also, the Iowa DOC page showed her probation sentence but nothing about her actually being in prison.
Fast forward a month or so ago. I get a text from vinelink saying that she has been released. The reason was absconded. I went back to the DOC page and it was updated that she was sentenced to prison and sentencing date but not the location. From what I understand, she was going to the women's prison.
Does this mean she is on the run and never turned herself in? I'm so confused bc the Iowa Courts site doesn't show warrants on her or anything. Her other warrants showed in the past. I've done a lot of work finding information on her status and such but now I'm stuck. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2017, 11:07 PM

Thanked 6,404 Times in 2,376 Posts

"Absconded" means just that....she jumped parole/probation. She probably did not turn herself in and is most likely on the run. As to why the warrants wouldn't show up in the court system? Who knows? However, if you're concerned that she is out there somewhere based on the information provided I would have to assume that she didn't serve that time and is on the loose.

"I'm a great believer in luck, and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it."
-Thomas Jefferson
The Following User Says Thank You to missingdee For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (02-11-2017)
Old 02-10-2017, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingdee View Post
"Absconded" means just that....she jumped parole/probation. She probably did not turn herself in and is most likely on the run. As to why the warrants wouldn't show up in the court system? Who knows? However, if you're concerned that she is out there somewhere based on the information provided I would have to assume that she didn't serve that time and is on the loose.
Thank you for your help!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Newtomom For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (02-11-2017)