Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > GEORGIA > Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Georgia Parole, Probation, Work Release & Community Service All information & questions relating to parole, probation, work release and community service in Georgia should be posted here.

Old 11-28-2015, 08:28 PM

Question Anyone have a SPLIT sentence or SHORT under 2 year sentence???

My LO has a split sentence of 20 years/ serve 1 year prison. Anyone else have something similar that can share what to expect. I don't know if since its a split sentence if he has to serve that WHOLE year, OR if it's just the SAME as a 1 year prison sentence with eligibility for parole SOONER?.

He has NON- violent crimes. I see a lot of people saying that sentences under 2 years serve most of the time, but some examples might give me ideas please!? Is it about 50-60 or 70-80%??? Any ideas?
He is still in diagnostics and has been there almost 7 weeks. He has served counting county time, about 6 months.

Any responses are greatly appreciated!!

Last edited by sparkyred; 11-28-2015 at 08:40 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 12-01-2015, 01:38 PM

My husband in the same situation sort of. He has 2 yrs left on parole. He violated his parole on a new charge (misdemeanor). His parole officer served him with a 6 month waiver. They say when u sign a waiver that your time starts from the time u get arrested and he been arrested for two months now. I heard that 1/3 of ur time u have to do, but it varies...so 1/3 of my husband time is like 8 to 10 months....my husband waiting to be sent back to jackson state prison for diagnostic.....but with the prisons being so overly crowded, I doubt they would really want people for technical violation. They may send him to a camp or back to the county jail for overly crowded.....lets just see how it goes...
Old 12-02-2015, 05:46 AM

You never know. It seems like they want to keep the people as long as possible unfortunately. It's just a waiting game.
Old 12-12-2015, 05:15 PM

My LO was given 2 years on a 10 year sentence. I was told by a ADA friend that he would serve 9-12 months. When I called P&P and asked why he hasn't gotten a TPM date, the lady said that he isn't eligible for Parole because he has less than 3 years. She said anyone serving less than 3 years does the entire time. This was definitely a kick in the stomach. My friend talked to someone else (former P&P employee) and they said 9-12 months. Our 9-12 months will be January to April 2016. I pray everyday that will be how it works for us.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:20 PM

It's crazy how there's no rhyme or reason to things. I have been researching non stop and I see both ways. A lot of people say that anything under 3 years serves entire time but then again I see some people's story that is not the case and they get out earlier. It would just be good to know