Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 08-09-2003, 03:13 PM

Hello,
My name is julie and my father is currently in atlanta georgia.
He is in the middle of the fun transfer game though...lol.
We requested marion, Il and at one time he was told he was being sent to taledega (mispl?), Alabama. Who knows where we'll end up. He was sentenced to four years.

Meanwhile I will be taking my mother to Alderson, WV August 21. That is where she will begin her sentence of 1yr+1day. She is the one who told me about this site and made me promise to use it frequently while they're away.
This is my first post, but the site seems promising for my bleak world.

Jules
Sponsored Links
Old 08-09-2003, 03:33 PM
True love always waits

welcome. your right were you need to be to find uncondinal love and support through all you go through when a loved one faces serving time. is your father going to in marion? my husband is in the federal camp in marion.

<br> <marquee><font color=red face=italic>*Kelly and Nick always...Real love goes on and on and on*......xXx</font></marquee>
Old 08-09-2003, 07:19 PM
TAZI

My husband was once in Coleman FCI, and I know about it, but the USP there I have never been to but I know it is very close..TAZI
Old 08-09-2003, 07:22 PM
TAZI

My husband is now in Marion, Illinois, and it is a 10 hr drive, coleman fla was 4 :-( go figure!
Old 08-12-2003, 09:57 PM

Well my friend was just sent from county to Englewood FCI in Colorado which is literally 5 minutes from my house. But before I could even see him (only talk to him once) he was moved to Florence FCI which is now about 2 hours away. Not bad, I have friends that live there. He is now much closer to his parents that would drive 300 miles to visit him every weekend! And I do mean every weekend, they haven't missed not a one since he got locked up in Feb. God bless them, that is what I call unconditional love!!!!!!!!!! They will now have only about 1/2 of that distance to travel. I am so happy for them!
Old 08-12-2003, 10:22 PM

Murphy's, you can find information about COleman FL in several threads, including these:

http://www.prisontalk.com/forums/sho...hlight=Coleman

Probably in September I'll visit my son in Coleman. It is a good place.
Best wishes,
Andrés
Old 08-12-2003, 10:23 PM

My love is in Butner NC he has 2 1/2 years left on a 16 year sentence. We are trying to get him moved to a camp in NY..it is like pulling teeth. He is 530 miles away from home. They are claiming that according to their map it is under 500 miles so he is within his home territory. We are still looking and hoping they will transfer him.....I miss him and love him. Welcome all newcomers to the site, I pray for all of you as we take this journey together. Hopefully laws will be revisited and changed so the prisons are not filled with people that deserve opportunities to put their lives to more constructive things then what the prison system has to offer. There are many people still sitting in prison that have overpaid the price. My love has done enough time for a drug charge!!! One day at a time!
Old 08-13-2003, 04:04 AM

Murphy's, the FDC Miami is a temporary center where prisoners are kept until sentenced. Then they are sent to other facilities. You will feel a great relief when he is transferred, because the FDC is a closed building, they don't have a job, no open air activities and not much room. Coleman is a large facility, modern and well organized, with plenty of sports fields, many activities, wide dormies (at least in the Low), aerobics lanes, etc. Most important, he will have a job, miserably paid, but sufficient to keep him busy. Nothing is worse than being in prison without anything to do.

Un abrazo,
Andrés
Old 08-15-2003, 02:29 PM

Default mine is at

FCI FORREST, CITY ARKANSAS

I WILL BE LOVING QB 4-EVER
(IF I HAD YOU BACK, I WOULDN'T COMPLAIN AT ALL)
Old 08-16-2003, 12:26 AM

Hi All yes my guy is in federal prison. FCI Safford in Safford Arizona... They forgot the 500 mile rule with jack too as we live in Oregon. a 24 hour drive or 800.00 by airplane!!!!
But they are supposed to send him back to oregon by christmas... Keep praying it really happens !
Old 08-16-2003, 11:52 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,380 Times in 4,637 Posts

Hi. I'm new here. My husband is at FCI Sheridan in Oregon. He's been at Lompoc USP and Victorville FCI in the past. Zelda
Old 08-17-2003, 05:30 AM

My baby is still in transit - he was in Waco- he has been sentenced and thinks he will go to Bastrop FCI.
Old 08-17-2003, 05:35 AM

i'm new too.
Old 08-17-2003, 01:42 PM
Donation Award 

That's nice if he can be close. We spent many years 1,000 miles apart and it is so great to have him in the same state. You DO live in Texas right? My husband was at Bastrop many years ago, pre-trial, but they kept him in the hole the entire time.
Old 08-18-2003, 12:08 PM

hi my boyfriend is at terminal island i cant complain that much he is in the same state but is about a 4 hr drive. and from what he tells me about it, its a little comforting to know hes in not such a bad place.
Old 08-18-2003, 05:41 PM
Donation Award 

Hi. Do you know if Terminal Island FCI still has marriage workshops? A friend of mine was married to a guy there years ago and they had these marriage workshops where the couple could spend the whole day inside together, getting real close (if you know what I mean) and working on their relationship. Is that a thing of the past? They don't have it at Sheridan FCI. Zelda
Old 08-18-2003, 08:03 PM

My fiance' is in Florence FCI in Colorado. I am in Phoenix. Long way to go, but I go once a month. I talked to some man at BOP headquarters and inquired about transfers. He informed me that they are not a travel agency.
Old 08-19-2003, 07:40 AM

Heelloooo!! =o) I'm pretty new here. My husband (Myron) is in the Federal Prison Camp of Terre Haute. He's been there for almost 1 month and 24 months to go unless he gets his appeal. Hopefully he gets it!!! Anyways God Bless Everyone!!

Alysha
Old 08-20-2003, 07:15 AM

My love one is also in FCC Beaumont
Old 08-27-2003, 12:11 AM

My boyfriend is in FPC Florence, colorado. He was also in FPC Nellis in Las Vegas, Nevada and FCI Safford
Old 08-27-2003, 08:48 AM

Smile

Hello All,
It's sooooooooo sad to see so many so far away from family ! I am 1000 miles from my brother and it's REAL hard not to be able to see him often. After two years my recent visit was bitter-sweet ! Leaving was awful and my heart broke in a thousand pieces ! Tears just won't stop !
My brother is at FMC Devens - MA. I am hoping to find someone close by who would be willing to visit him once in awhile. That would be great if we all helped each other out and visit inmates who are close to us !?! There are so many who get no visits due to distance !

Love & Prayers To All !

Coral
Old 08-27-2003, 09:49 AM
Donation Award 

That might be a good idea - except that the feds, as I understand it, won't allow anyone to visit who isn't immediate family or can prove (with two signed affidavits by others) they had a relationship with the person before they went into federal prison. (Religious volunteers are an exception I think.) Zelda
Old 08-27-2003, 10:49 AM

Mine is in the ICC at Bryan texas

Old 08-31-2003, 09:37 PM

my cousin is in Forrest City Arkansas
Old 09-02-2003, 09:59 AM

My husband will be at Coleman Low beginning 9/5. He is ill with Parkinson's disease and other serious medical problems. I have read all the previous posts regarding Coleman but if anyone has further information could they please either pm me or reply here regarding this place. I need to know what type medical facilities they have, etc. He is on many meds and I am worried sick he will not receive them,although he has over 4 different physicians letters and all his medical records. It is just so scary because he has trouble with balance, "freezes up", etc.

This is a wonderful site and I am so happy I found it. My husband will have 18 months and knowing there are such caring people to talk with here makes all the difference in the world to me.