Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Federal General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to the Federal Prison & the Criminal Justice System that do not fit into any other Federal sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 12-23-2008, 10:06 AM

Default Going to FCI Jesup Jan 7....

I am self surrendering on Jan 7, 2009 to FCI Jesup, GA for a 24 month sentence. My attorney assured me it would be the camp but it also may be low.... Any info anyone can share with me on the facility would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...
Sponsored Links
Old 12-23-2008, 10:23 AM

Default hi

There is a Medium, Low, and a Camp at Jesup.

Look on the inmate locater at www.bop.gov and see were you are designated at.

I used to work at all 3 facilities in Jesup before I became a felon. None of them are terrible to be at.......when compared to others around the country.

Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by fladj View Post
I am self surrendering on Jan 7, 2009 to FCI Jesup, GA for a 24 month sentence. My attorney assured me it would be the camp but it also may be low.... Any info anyone can share with me on the facility would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks...
Old 12-25-2008, 02:50 AM

Default FCI Jesup...

Federal BOP site doesn't say where I'm designated to, it only states "NOT IN BOP CUSTODY". The self surrender letter I received only states to report to FCI Jesup on Jan 7, 2009. I called the facility and got no answer from any dept. How do I know where I'm going to be at?
Old 12-26-2008, 07:07 AM

Default hi

When I went to Big Sandy Camp the letter I got said report to USP Big Sandy......I called the local Marshall's office who then put me in touch with some other Marshall's office. They told me I was going to the camp not the USP......maybe you could try calling your local Marshal and see how that goes. The low or the camp there aren't very "Bad" places to be at. The Low actually is the "OLD" camp before the new one was built.

They both look like college campus's.

Gary

Quote:
Originally Posted by fladj View Post
Federal BOP site doesn't say where I'm designated to, it only states "NOT IN BOP CUSTODY". The self surrender letter I received only states to report to FCI Jesup on Jan 7, 2009. I called the facility and got no answer from any dept. How do I know where I'm going to be at?
The Following User Says Thank You to hardhitter5050 For This Useful Post:
fladj (12-28-2008)
Old 01-05-2009, 02:02 AM

Call the camp, ask for MRS. Cogglin. She may tell you where you will go, be sure to have your Reg# handy. I am at the camp now... ( I return jan 8 from a 7 day furghlough) All I can tell you is, the camp is okay, only 150 people and the officers on this quarter are good. This is the GA. peach of the B.O.P. The food is terrible, but there is mircowaves and the commencary is okay. One more thing about the camp, there is no stealing at all there. Really, the over all population there is great, everone helping each other. You will be greated with a gift bag upon arrival. One draw back is the three man bunks.There are two man spring beds but you have a long wait in front of you. Once you do make it into a two man cube, and set up a routine, time will fly. Also there are free weights there.Bochiee ball, horseshoes, vollyball, softball, and a big walking track.