Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > MISC. > PTO ARCHIVES > Support & Reform Organizations
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Support & Reform Organizations Mention and discuss prisoner and family support organizations.

Old 11-02-2003, 06:04 AM
Registered Member

Default Angel Tree Christmas: In early fall, incarcerated dads and moms can sign up to.......

All too often, the forgotten victims of crime are the little children of inmates, who are left without a father or mother - through no fault of their own.

In early fall, incarcerated dads and moms can sign up to have church volunteers deliver gifts to their children at Christmas. The Christmas gifts are presented as being from the mom or dad in prison--assuring the children that they haven’t been forgotten!

http://www.pfm.org/AngelTemplate.cfm...ContentID=6837

Prison Fellowship’s Angel Tree ministry includes Angel Tree Christmas, Angel Tree Camping, and Angel Tree Mentoring.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-02-2003, 07:55 AM
Closed

This is a fantastic program. Thanks for posting it. I forget just how close christmas is.
Old 11-05-2003, 12:43 PM
Registered Member

Its funny that you posted that because just last night i posted about it in the NY forum. I wanted to know if the deadline was already met because i was told it ended in sept 03. Can u please let me know when the deadline is? i already sent tito the application and i am sure that he sent it back already. I just hope someone calls me, this is going to be one of the hardest Christmases ever.

http://i88.photobucket.com/albums/k1...huntitled1.jpg
Old 11-05-2003, 12:47 PM

I was told the deadline was Sept. 03 also.Next year they have to apply in Aug.04.
Old 11-05-2003, 08:56 PM
Registered Member

I'm sorry, the site read early Fall. The inmates supposedly receive an application from the Chaplain so maybe they have filled one out! PS: Next year I'll have to remember in the summer sometime to post.
Teri

Old 11-07-2003, 09:19 AM

I received a phone call from this organization last night. My wife who is a guest of our federal government had filled out the application with the Chaplin at the facility. What they wanted to know was what size our daughter wore and any special toys or items she would like for Christmas. They told me that someone would contact me and deliver presents that would be from my wife to our daughter. By the time the conversation was over and I hung up the phone, I had tears running down my face. This time of year is so difficult for us. What gets to me is how many people really do care. I do know that when my wife is home and we are back on our feet financially, I am going to send a contribution to this organization.

Tom
Old 11-07-2003, 10:49 AM
Registered Member

Hi! Yes, they are very nice people working there (or at least the one that called me last week or before.
This will be the 2nd year for my granddaughter at Angel Tree. Last year she got a really nice (really nice!) sweater and a Barbie (a nice one with clothes). These people aren't selfish in any way that's for sure! I'm going down south today so have to get going! Have a nice day!!!!! Teri

Old 11-10-2003, 08:24 PM
Registered Member

Hopefully this will make up for the late post of Angel Tree.

Too late for Angel Tree? Try these!!!
Grace and peace to you this day, and thank you for contacting Angel Tree.

In response to your email about signing up children for the Angel Tree program, unfortunately, the deadline for receiving applications has already past. If you like, you can refer: to contact the Salvation Army, or the Marine Corp's Toys-for-Tots. They also have gift giving programs during Christmas-time, and may be of assistance this Christmas. www.salvationarmy.org, and www.toysfortots.org to find out more information.

In regards to the camping program, the churches that minister to the Angel Tree children during Christmas also have the opportunity to continue their ministry by sending the kids to camp, in the summer. Try contacting us around May to see if we can match up with a church, who can sponsor children to camp. When May rolls around, you can email us at this address, and ask if there are any churches, in the area, who would be willing to sponsor child to camp.

In His Service,

Joyce Ng

Angel Tree Correspondence

Here's another I found: Dreams of Freedom http://peaceisuptoyou.tripod.com/ch...esmith/id3.html

I don't know the final date for any of these but they are worth trying!

Old 11-18-2003, 07:40 PM
Never Give Up!

They did Angel Tree here last year....Eddy called last week and said this year Minnesota, at least at Rush City, isn't doing it anymore. *sigh*

Kim
Wife to Eddy
My Love, My Life
Old 11-18-2003, 07:47 PM
Angie loves Shawn 4-Ever

I got a call from these people a week ago and it really touched my heart.