Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OREGON > Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Oregon General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Oregon that do not fit into any other Oregon sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 01-12-2009, 07:36 PM

Hi Everyone. I've been lurking and eavesdropping on PTO for quite a few months and finally got up the courage to become a member. My man is at TRCI and could possibly be there another 8 years.

This site has truly helped me learn so much about the system. I came in knowing absolutely nothing, feeling lost (sometimes still do), but when I came across this site months ago I felt there was actually help and support.

It's an amazing site and I tell everyone I can about it.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-12-2009, 11:31 PM

Thanked 1,866 Times in 892 Posts
Arrow Finally found this forum

Hi all-

My name is Karen, and I am so happy to have found PT in Oregon. I have no clue how I found it and hope to heck I can get back here....lol

My story- (boyfriend's story)

My Boyfriend is now going through the intake process at Coffee Creek and has seen the counselor and should be transferred before too long. He was given mimimum, even though she said she couldn't gaurentee he would get mimimum. He is eldgible for programs and is wanting to get into Shutter Creeks bootcamp. We are not sure if and when that will happen, but I can't wait for him to get transferred (I know that sounds bad) but I MISS seeing him and have not seen him in 33 days. This really is a test of true and undenying love when dealing with incarceration of loved ones.

I have my moments throughout the day that I get sad and want him, but know that through all of this we will be stronger for it.

Thanks for allowing me to ontroduce myself and I look forward to meeting others in the same situation as I.
Old 01-13-2009, 01:53 AM

Welcome MattsMyHeart, My man is at TRCI also. Welcome also InmateLover09, Yes this is a true test to Love. I do agree that this can only make youre realationship stronger.

Any questions ask maybe i can help. My man has been down for 10 years and we have 3 years 9 months left.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ms.ESay For This Useful Post:
MattsMyHeart (01-13-2009)
Old 01-13-2009, 02:10 PM
Always Rocky's Girl

Matts and InmateLover;

Welcome to PTO!! So glad you made it. We have been waiting for you (we have been waiting for everyone that is seeking support and help with supporting a loved one on the inside!). So glad that you have decided to join us. You are right this is a great site and I too am glad I found it! You will make many wonder friendships on here.

Can't wait to learn from both of you through your experience. Hopefully it will be smooth sailing for you and your loved one through all of this.

Dawn
MattsMyHeart (01-13-2009)
Old 01-16-2009, 07:53 PM
waiting on forever.

Wink new here

Hi, my name is Krystal and I am glad I found this site. My little sister is in prison at coffee creek. She has been behind bars since the day before my birthday in May. I have seen her once in the time, and that was to go to her sentencing hearing.She was sentenced to 33 months with a downward departure once she gets through two programs.
I miss my sister terribly but her four year old son misses her more. He is in my care and several times a day I hear " I miss my mommy" and it breaks my heart every time. Im just greatful to find this site, because I really dont have anyone to talk to, no one I know understands.

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending." Maria Robinson
Old 01-19-2009, 12:08 AM
Live. Love. Laugh.
Donation Award 

Welcome Krystal! I am so sorry for all that you are going through. I myself have a 5 yr old son and I know the pain and struggle that children have to go through when their parent gets locked up. I hope that her child is able to go and see her as much as possible, and I hope that we are able to offer you support and guidence through this rough situation!
Old 01-21-2009, 12:11 AM
His Smoochie Pie

Hey everyone,
Thanks to those who sent me messages, I have been gone a while, sorry...THings going on, health issues and working like nuts...Plus the kids to raise while dad is gone...His post status has been filed and his atty saw him this week I guess...ahh everytime I go to OSP , there are new changes, and not all for the better. 2031 cant come soon enough some days !! Hope you all are well..For you new people welcome, its a good place to be here, people who get it....
Old 02-01-2009, 11:49 PM

Default Hi I just registered, however I have been dealing with ODC for over 5 years

Hi my name is Debbie Lee. My husband is currently in SRCI, he was in TRCI about 3 yrs ago for 2 yrs and I use to live in Umatilla. When they moved him to SRCI I decided to move back to Portland to get a better job. I was so use to visiting my husband every weekend for 2 yrs and then when they moved him to SRCI our visits became very few and far away in between. I am going to see him on Feb 20th and I am so excited I have not seen him since last April 2008. Due to the gas prices and many other things I was unable to be able to keep up the visits. I found out about Heart of the Dove transportation to SRCI last year and have decided to try and use it this time.I usually drive up nyself and stay the whole weekend and then drive back by myself that just got to be to much for me to handle. So as long as we can talk every night on the phone we have been able to get through the major change. Anyway I am going to close for now need to go to bed to get up for work tomorrow.

Goodnight
Old 02-04-2009, 12:57 PM

Hi Breezy1 here I am in Portland. My boyfriend is at Larch Corrections in Yacolt Washington. Thanks for having me.
Old 02-04-2009, 02:01 PM
Donation Award 

Welcome to PTO Breezy and DLee. I am so glad you found the site and joined us. It is a journey dealing with DOC, and prison issues, one that none of us should have to go alone.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:38 PM

Hi, I am new to all this. I wish I had known about this site before. I could have used the support, thats for sure. My daughter is at coffee creek, five years so far, 10 years to go. ( 1st offence, measure 11 ) I have her youngest son. It has really been a nightmare..her husband is at two rivers, 35 year measure 11 sentence. Justice? I think not..
Old 02-05-2009, 03:58 PM
Donation Award 

Welcome MotherSharon, we are glad to have you here at PTO.
Old 02-06-2009, 01:24 AM
Always Rocky's Girl

Mother sharon....thank you so much for being you!! You are truly a blessing to take your grandchild in like that. Welcome to PTO! People are fabulous here. Now we have you to gleen your experiences from.

Can't wait to see you on the threads!

Dawn
Old 02-06-2009, 09:25 PM

Hi, my daughter is at coffee creek and my son-in-law is at Two rivers. I was so " green " when they were first arrested 5 years ago. I have learned so much, the hard way I might add. I have felt so alone, wish I would have known about you guys before. I used to believe in the justice system, no one could have convinced me it did not work as it should. what a fool I was..

PS I HATE MEASURE !!.........
Old 02-18-2009, 02:43 AM

Default introduing myself -

I'm very new to this site. And trying to figure out to get around. I'm in Oregon. My first question - before I go any further - I noticed the last post from Oregon seems to be back in 2006? Is anyone around these days?

Oregon mom
Old 02-18-2009, 02:50 AM

Default Second intro -

Okay - so after I submitted my remarks, I then could see that there were indeed some very recent posts here from Oregon/WA folks. So - please forgive my stumbling around. And now I will intro myself better.

My daughter is currently at Inverness Jail in Portland, after being in Clackamas for 4 mos. And we just found that there were new charges against her that would most likely send her to OSP. So - I'm here for the support - but also to learn what others have learned ahead of me. Number one - how do we find a good lawyer that is also affordable? This is my first time on a site like this, although I have been troubled my prison conditions etc for many years - having know family and friends who went thru the heartaches of having loved ones incarcerated.
So - thanks for listening...
Oregon mom
Old 02-18-2009, 04:34 AM

Hi I am from Hawaii And my son Is in FCI Sheridan can anyone tell me about there?
Old 02-18-2009, 04:40 AM

Well we have no Federal Prison here in Hawaii I am going to have to fly to Oregon get a hotel and a rent a car just for the weekend so I can see my son This is the first time this has happen to my family its hard to be away from him can anyone tell me anything about Sheridan?
Old 02-18-2009, 09:01 AM
Live. Love. Laugh.
Donation Award 

Mimosamom - Hello and welcome. There may not be as much activity in the Oregon Forums as some of the other states have, but we're still active in here, and most of us try to help out as much as we can. I'm a little confused though by one of your posts. You said that with your daughters new charges that you think they will send her to OSP? OSP is a male prison. All women inmates are in Coffee Creek. Who told you that they might be sending her to OSP?

April - Welcome! Zelda is the expert around here on FCI Sheridan I believe. I'm sure that she can answer most of the questions you have, as she is not only a wealth of info, but extremely nice and helpful as well.
Old 02-18-2009, 02:07 PM
Always Rocky's Girl

Welcome new moms,

Mimo, I see you have been around awhile...I make this assumption because when you said your daughter would go to OSP....years ago they switched the womens prison from Salem out to Wilsonville which is now Coffee Creek. I know that they are looking to open another womens facility in the near future but for now Wilsonville is where she would go. Do you know if your daughter picked up a measure 11? do you have the money for a lawyer? There is possibly a loop hole in Measure 11 that you may want to look into and that is the "Opt Out" which will allow your daughter to be eligable for programs some time during her time inisde which if she gets into it then her time could be reduced. Sorry I cannot recommend a lawyer in your area. We had a good lawyer down here in Eugene and it was spendy but it was well worth the money as we were able to take advantage of the "Opt Out" and received programs which indeed shaved time off our sentence. I wish you the best of luck! And I look forward to seeing you post on here. Take care,

Dawn
Old 02-18-2009, 06:41 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 8,379 Times in 4,637 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by April59 View Post
Well we have no Federal Prison here in Hawaii I am going to have to fly to Oregon get a hotel and a rent a car just for the weekend so I can see my son This is the first time this has happen to my family its hard to be away from him can anyone tell me anything about Sheridan?
Hi April! My husband is also in Sheridan FCI, so I can probably answer some of your questions. One of the best places to get information, also, is the Federal forum here on PTO. If you go up to the top and click on "U.S. Regional Forums" and then scroll down to the Federal forum, you can find lots of information about the federal prisons in general.

The best place to fly in to to visit at Sheridan FCI is the Portland airport. The best place to find a motel is in McMinnville, Oregon. The Best Western motel there is nice and it is right on the road to Sheridan. It's about a 15 minute drive from there at most. The visiting is Friday evenings, and on Saturday and Sunday days, and on federal holidays. If you can visit on a weekend with a Monday federal holiday, that may be best (like Memorial Day weekend). Sheridan FCI is a pretty mellow prison. There are quite a few inmates there from Hawaii and they have a Native group there. I believe they have a luaoh (don't know how that's spelled) once a year in which they can invite their family to participate. Any other questions, you're welcome to ask here or on the federal forum or in a PM (private message) to me. Zelda
Old 02-18-2009, 11:02 PM

Default my mistake :)

My post shows both my inexperience !!! and my tendency to post and send without re-reading / re-thinking. I realized after the fact that my mind was thinking Oregon State Prison (as opposed to county), and that I was wrong in using "OSP" lol

I am still learning - and have research to do. My daughter is in Inverness until April 11. We just found out about the new charges earlier this week. And am still reeling a bit, and trying to decide just how to handle this, mentally and literally. Her charges are from Clackamas county. I suppose we need a lawyer from that area ?

And thank you both for your messages. I feel better all ready - well a little anyway. !!!
Old 02-18-2009, 11:26 PM

Default info sharing

Here's my next thought/question. How much do people share about the offenses here? I would like to be very specific about my daughter's charges, so that I can get more input from you all. But, don't want to do anything considered uncool. It would help me so much to be able to understand what things like - is it Measure 11? (I don't think so).

When she was in last year for Probation Violation I talked with the DA's office and her PO. But I haven't this time - I just am not ready to hear from the "authorities" how bad my girl was or what anyone thinks she deserves to serve. But I really need to talk over some things with folks that understand and have been there...
Old 02-18-2009, 11:46 PM
Live. Love. Laugh.
Donation Award 

You can post anything that you feel comfortable sharing, but just be cautious of making any "incriminating" comments, as CO's and law inforcement do roam around here unannounced. If you find someone you feel comfortable with on here, and that you feel you can trust, then it's probably best to discuss any specifics with them through PM, but still... be cautious! There are all sorts of different forums on this site, that may tailor to what you are dealing with, so you may be able to find the information you are looking for there, without having to disclose anything.

Again... it's all just a matter of judgement on your part, and don't worry about appearing "uncool". We were all newbies in this situation at one point, and all wanted as much information that specifically fit our "situation" as possible to help us get a better grasp on things.

I don't think stating what she is being charged with (and nothing more), assuming you're comfortable saying, could be extremely detrimental to her sentancing... but like I said, just be careful as to how much information you give, and keep details to a minimum. Our goals as loved ones is to keep them safe, and unfortunately, even though this can be a wonderful and supporting site, there are still "guests" that can use any info we say against the one we are here to support.

(I'm not trying to scare you, just make you aware! )

Last edited by LovinMyPrisoner; 02-18-2009 at 11:47 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LovinMyPrisoner For This Useful Post:
grannyG (03-03-2009)
Old 02-18-2009, 11:51 PM

Default is there a way to get a reply notice?

What I mean is - is there a way to receive posts at my personal email address? It seems cumbersome to have to go to each of the areas that I'm interested in, just to get the latest post. It would be convenient to get them directly in my email box.