Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > MISC. > PTO ARCHIVES > Support & Reform Organizations
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Support & Reform Organizations Mention and discuss prisoner and family support organizations.

Old 04-04-2003, 07:58 PM

Default Federal CURE

http://www.fedcure.org

Anyone interested in federal prison reform should contact us through our site.
Sponsored Links
Old 04-04-2003, 07:59 PM
Fed-X is Back!

Staff Superstar Award 

Donation Award 

Thanked 7,825 Times in 1,600 Posts

Why don't you tell us a bit about the organization?
Old 04-05-2003, 11:00 AM

FedCURE seeks to serve as the advocate for systemic change in the federal criminal justice system. Federal CURE’s Board of Directors consists of former federal inmates and family members of federal inmates. Kenny Linn, Mark Varca, Fred Mosely and I all hold law degrees. Working closely on a daily basis, we have implemented strategies for reform in the federal prison system. Daily interaction via email and phone conversations with BOP personnel has allowed us to establish credibility as a direct result of our ex-prisoner and former lawyer status. Essentially, we are the go-to source for help with federal prison issues. We have dealt successfully with getting inmates the medical care they need, getting the phone minutes increased to 400 minutes during the holidays for inmates,compassionate release for inmate with terminal cancer, as well as many other issues that inmates and their families come to us with. We do not charge for our services to assist persons facing federal criminal charges, commitment to a federal prison, or resolving problems they face while incarcerated in the BOP. FedCURE produces a newsletter that contains timely articles relevant to federal inmates and their loved ones. It can be downloaded for FREE at http://www.fedcure.org/newsletter.htm Unlike other nonprofit prison reform organizations or private groups offering services to federal inmates we do not charge a fee. We are able to offer our help for no charge as a result of membership fees and donations to FedCURE. No part of any donation or membership fee pays for salaries. We all volunteer our services for free. If we can be of help to anyone on a federal prison issue, we're here for you. We've been incarcerated in a federal prison so we know what you are either facing or dealing with. Karen
Old 04-18-2003, 07:12 PM
Hello Everone!

My son and I are members. This is a very supportive organization. I have written Karen several times and have been answered in a timely fashion and suggestions on how FedCURE might be able to help. She quickly contacted the prison concerning an incident at the FCI where my son is. I highly recommend this organization.

brenda
Old 06-23-2003, 08:57 PM

what about a state chapter?
Old 07-08-2003, 09:02 PM

I am also a member of FedCure and I have found it to be the best source of information on almost any matter. They are very quick to find answers and respond personally. They do not have local chapters per se as it is a nationwide organization but I will say that they are constantly doing something in the way of prison reform. They have numerous committees working constantly on issues at hand. It is worth your time to check them out.