Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > NEW YORK > New York Prisons & Jails > SULLIVAN HUB - NY DOCS
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

SULLIVAN HUB - NY DOCS New York State Prisons & Institutions located inside the SULLIVAN HUB - Ulster, Eastern, Woodbourne, Sullivan, Shawangunk, Wallkill, Otisville, Mid-Orange.

Old 10-16-2019, 08:37 PM

Default Husband moving from Auburn to Eastern

Before I forget!! How long have you ladies typically waited to hear from your husband between facilities? Just a transfer from one to another, not a screening or security change. Heís moving from one maximum to another.

My husband received draft bags yesterday morning and I was informed he would be leaving for Eastern tomorrow morning! Iím excited but scared and sad. As awful as auburn is I got used to it and built relationships with some COs so the visits werenít so bad. Unfortunately auburn is close to me where Eastern is about 4 hours south of me so winter is going to suck. How do their visit scheduled work? Is it just one weekend day and based on their last name or DIN? What is the processing like and what can you wear? Auburn let you get away with leggings so because they were so relaxed Iím just not sure whatís NOT allowed 100%. How nice are the COs? They were HORRIBLE in auburn. The inmates could be really bad too. Do you have to wait in a hospitality center or outside the door before they call you in? How likely is the FRP process with going smoothly at Eastern? We will qualify once he completes CASAT or enrolls but we werenít able to apply in auburn and he wasnít able to complete CASAT. Just trying to figure out what to expect! Auburn was literally the biggest nightmare so I pray thereís not a place worse than that. ORCs and COs were constantly being or doing shady stuff with us and just fought us on every opportunity. I have 5 more years and Iím just so freaking exasperated at this point!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-22-2019, 08:51 PM

Thanked 3,757 Times in 1,762 Posts

I just saw this post. Eastern is max so they should have week day visits.

CASAT is offered at 2 facilities and he has to apply for it. When he gets settled he should inquire what his programming needs are. Are you sure you not confusing it with ASAT? If needed he may need to complete ART before you have family visits. Again, within two weeks of arrival he should see his counselor.

While you wait, make a list of questions to ask so he has them ready. If he has a violent felony, he can do the LTCA 6 months off credit. It takes 2 years to complete.

If non violent, see what he needs for merit time.

As you have more questions, ask away. Google searches have been my best friend through all of this.

Old 10-22-2019, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onedayatatime13 View Post
I just saw this post. Eastern is max so they should have week day visits.

CASAT is offered at 2 facilities and he has to apply for it. When he gets settled he should inquire what his programming needs are. Are you sure you not confusing it with ASAT? If needed he may need to complete ART before you have family visits. Again, within two weeks of arrival he should see his counselor.

While you wait, make a list of questions to ask so he has them ready. If he has a violent felony, he can do the LTCA 6 months off credit. It takes 2 years to complete.

If non violent, see what he needs for merit time.

As you have more questions, ask away. Google searches have been my best friend through all of this.
You have literally been a lifesaver for me!!! Itís a violent felony so I will ask him to ask about the two year program. He has to take CASAT not ASAT, I double checked because itís so easy to confuse them. I guess he was sent to a facility that has it because itís part of his required programming. Now that I know his co de is at Eastern Iím not sure heís going there but the first and second times the drafts were canceled we knew it was eastern after, Iím wondering if his co de being there was what REALLY happened. And for ART he did complete that so Iím praying we can easily apply for FRPs with little issue (yeah right lol) but we check all requirements except the one missing program.
Old 10-23-2019, 12:07 PM

Thanked 3,757 Times in 1,762 Posts

The map in the other thread shows you the 2 Casat facilities. They are in the Oneida hub. Is it court ordered?

Remember he has to be at the location a certain amount of time for family visits as well. I don't know much about them.

If he is co defendant is at Eastern I doubt he is going there, but I could be wrong.