Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Indiana General Prison Talk, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Indiana that do not fit into any other Indiana sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 10-08-2019, 04:21 PM

Default What is purposeful incarceration like?

My husband's plea agreement includes purposeful incarceration but he hasn't started it yet and I was just hoping someone could give me some info on it. Like are they kept separate from general population, what are their days like, etc. Also, he was told that they're paid something like $20 month, which I don't understand why they would be paid but if so that would be great. But anyway any info would be greatly appreciated, thank you.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2019, 04:41 PM

Looks to me a program of some sort has to be assigned.

 What is Purposeful Incarceration or “PI”?
Purposeful Incarceration, or “PI,” is a sentencing order that judges can use in situations where the judge is
committed to modifying a sentence upon the offender’s successful completion of an IDOC Addiction Recovery
Treatment Program. The Department of Correction will provide a substance use disorder assessment to
determine if clinical treatment is appropriate and then make every effort to accommodate quick placement into
an appropriate level of addiction recovery program.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to studebaker71 For This Useful Post:
GingerM (10-09-2019), min373 (10-08-2019)