Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > SOUTH CAROLINA > South Carolina Parole, Probation & Release
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

South Carolina Parole, Probation & Release All information relating to parole, probation or release in South Carolina should be posted here.

Old 06-13-2017, 05:27 PM

Default Can my boyfriend come home to me?

Hi, so this is my first post, but this site and all the forums have really helped me out. Anyways my boyfriend has parole coming up in 2 months, and his max out date 7 months later. We are hoping for the best, but prepared for the worst (denial). My question is if he is approved can he be paroled to my house, even tho we aren't married. We were living together before, and I want nothing more for that again. I've seen different posts where people say you need to be married or it doesn't matter. If anyone knows anything that would be greatly appreciated. Also I stay with my mom and brother, so there's no issues with a apartment complex or lease.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2017, 05:33 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 36,051 Times in 16,611 Posts

If your Mom is the homeowner, she'll have to give her permission for your boyfriend to parole there. Is anyone in the home a felon (not an immediate denial), have pending charges, or on probation/parole?

I'm not familiar with SC, but My Mr paroled to my house (ky) when we weren't married.

Good luck, I hope it works out! Welcome to PTO

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 06-13-2017, 05:39 PM

Thank you, and no felonies, no pending charges at all. My mom has a DUI charge from 7 years ago, but that's it.
Old 06-13-2017, 05:41 PM
PTO Administrator

PTOQ Editorial Team Member Staff Superstar Two Time Winner Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 36,051 Times in 16,611 Posts

I don't see any issues with him paroling there.... We do have SC members that will correct me if I'm wrong

patchouli, PTO Admin

Old 06-13-2017, 05:43 PM

Thank you.
The Following User Says Thank You to jflowe12 For This Useful Post:
patchouli (06-13-2017)
Old 06-15-2017, 05:37 PM
Carolina traveler

Thanked 3,599 Times in 2,470 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jflowe12 View Post
Hi, so this is my first post, but this site and all the forums have really helped me out. Anyways my boyfriend has parole coming up in 2 months, and his max out date 7 months later. We are hoping for the best, but prepared for the worst (denial). My question is if he is approved can he be paroled to my house, even tho we aren't married. We were living together before, and I want nothing more for that again. I've seen different posts where people say you need to be married or it doesn't matter. If anyone knows anything that would be greatly appreciated. Also I stay with my mom and brother, so there's no issues with a apartment complex or lease.

An agent (not the one he will be assigned) will come to the house and ask if he's allowed to live there and leave. They'll notify him that it's okay parole to your home.