Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > PENNSYLVANIA > Pennsylvania General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Pennsylvania General Prison Talk, News, Introductions & Chit Chat Topics & Discussions relating to Prison & the Criminal Justice System in Pennsylvania that do not fit into any other Pennsylvania sub-forum category. Please feel free to also introduce yourself to other members in the state and talk about whatever topics come to mind that may not have anything to do with prison.

Old 06-28-2004, 03:59 PM

Default How is everyone!

Well there haven't been many posts lately i just wanted to send one out there to see how everyone is holding up and see how everyone is doing. Me here i'm doing good but would like to know how everyone out there is. Lets tell each other about our selves and see if anyone could use some support even those of you that are afraid to ask for it. We are all here and i know there are plently of us here that are willing to help anyone that needs it. Even if you just need someone to talk to on the phone to vent to. So please post so we can see how everyone is doing. Hope to hear from you soon!!
Be Strong
Luv
Katie
Old 06-28-2004, 06:17 PM
Thank god he's home

hello pinecone. i'm doing ok. i'm wondering if you know where your mans going yet?thanks for thinking of all of us pa'ers.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:22 PM
Registered Member

Hey Miss Katie...I'm fine as you know. Hope everyone else is doing good too! If anyone needs anything, don't be afraid to ask...that's what we're all here for
Old 06-28-2004, 10:24 PM

Hi pinecone.... Your always so thoughtful, and it doesnt go unnoticed. I am usually around here a bit more then I have been in the last few days, its been one of those busy times for me... but, I have been trying to find information about getting your apellite rights reinstated and it hasnt been easy, at least not online.... other than that, I had a visit today, and of course, that means i was through the burgh... argh, I wish they would hurry up with all the construction already!!! But, all in all, everyhting is ok here.....glad to see your doing well!
Old 06-28-2004, 10:28 PM
Registered Member

OMG...don't get me started on that damn construction! Had to go thru it to pick him up Sunday for our visit and it wasn't too bad in the morning but geez oh man...when I went to drop him off at 10pm, it was horrible. He was late getting back but only by 2 minutes so it wasn't a big deal. Just wanted to vent on the construction...and I thought Cleveland was bad!!!!
Old 06-29-2004, 10:16 AM

Good to see everyone is well, bfawayinpa my man will eventually be going back to Mahony or how ever you spell it that is his home prison. It's still 5 hours from here but oh well i will be there to visit as much as i can. An as for the construction in pittsburgh it does really suck but from her there are alternative routes around it. It just depends on where your coming from, best thing is just to prepare for it. I hope you had a good visit Zewskislady and i hope your internet researching is going well. Like Jen said if anyone one needs anything just holla.
Old 06-29-2004, 05:10 PM
Loving and missing him:(

Lightbulb

Hello everyone,

I haven't been on too much lately. My man is still in Camp Hill and has been there for like almost 3 months. He just got classified about 2 weeks ago and is waiting to be tranferred to his home prison. I just cannot wait for him to get out of there and hopefully come a little closer to me So not too much has been going on with me I usually stop in here and there!! I am glad everyone is doing good!!! I still havent seen my man in 4 months and it is getting really hard, but I am planning a visit real soon (it will be the best feeling in the world to just hug and kiss him!). I will try to stop in more and hope everyone's day goes well... Stay strong girls

Baby I love and miss you every day!! I can't wait for you to come home!!!

Old 06-29-2004, 05:25 PM

Well Sal where is his home prison??? And it's glad to hear you are doing good we all have to stay strong. Jen can tell ya how it pays of she is slowly coming to the end of the road. Yippie!!

I didn't know if anyone had seen how the people in texas got together and all the fun pics they took. I really think it would be cool if a nice size group of us got together. I have meet Jen and Tia which they are both wonderful people. I would like to get a chance to get to meet the rest of you that are interested. I swear i'm normal i promise Jen will back me up on that. Well i'm as normally as they come i do talk alot but i swear i'm alot of fun! So if anyone wants to really make this happen lets get planning. Everyone always talks about it but i never really happens. Maybe we could get a suite at a hotel or something...i would love to have it at my place but it's kinda tiny. If anyone has any other ideas that would be great!
Old 07-04-2004, 04:49 PM

Lightbulb

Hello Pinecone,

I just found out a couple days ago my man got sent to SCI Chester... Which I am really glad he is out of Camp Hell.. But the bad news is that he is like 6 hours away from me.. His visiting list did not get transferred neither did his phone list so he had to do all of that stuff again... I am a little bummed because we were hoping he would get transferred closer to home, but hey that thought went down the drain ... Its a long drive but I am going the first chance I get because I havent seen him in 4 months today!!! My man is a little upset because that is a long drive for everyone even his family and his children.. I told him he could always count on me to come... I am just waiting to see what is going on!!! Hopefully some good news will come out of this whole thing...

I am staying strong and missing him,

Old 07-05-2004, 07:27 AM

I know what your going thru my man was in Graterford and i'm from north of pittsburgh so it was a 6 hr drive for me. But he's been moved and now it's a 5 hour drive woo hoo a little closer. He is going to put in for a transfer closer to home. Ask you man if he can do that just keep putting in until he gets it. It's worth a try...good luck and keep your head up!
Old 07-05-2004, 11:09 AM

Lightbulb Thanks...

It is so wonderful being in here with people who are going through the same thing you are... Dealing with the system is the hardest thing because when it comes down to it there really isnt too much you can do about anything. I am just really mad that they sent him so far from me, but hey what can I do but give him support and love. I am just really mad because it took so long for phone lists and visiting lists to get approved at Camp Hill and now we have to go through all of it again.. The prison system really sucks!!!

Stay strong girls

Old 07-06-2004, 03:56 PM
Wally~LOUD&Proud

I need a sitter in PGH any takers?Anyone?anyone?LOL
Old 07-07-2004, 06:51 AM

As in kids? dogs?
Old 07-07-2004, 11:51 AM
Wally~LOUD&Proud

LMAO!Nope no furbabies,she died in Dec 03,just the munchkin,she's 7.PM me if anyone is interested,it wouldn't be very often just when I am over in PGH visiting.
Old 07-07-2004, 01:34 PM

if i was in pittsburgh i would be able to help you but i'm about 45 min north off...sorry i'm sure someone could help though
Old 07-07-2004, 01:54 PM
Wally~LOUD&Proud

So far I just take her w/me but having someone from here to know/accept our situation would be handy!
Old 07-08-2004, 06:53 AM

I'm not near ya either... just thought it was a cute question. Maybe you could find a high schooler out for the summer... check with friends or co-workers with kids. Lots of times they can recommend someone.
Old 07-08-2004, 08:10 PM
Registered Member

BryansGRRL...(what IS your name by the way...lol)
I would be happy to help you if I could. I'm usually only in the area on weekends right now but soon will be there permanantly. I also have a 7 year old daughter. Actually, I think you PM'ed me about this and we never really got anywhere on it. Where do you have to drive from? Do you stay in a hotel? You're welcome to crash at my place with your daughter (or son???) when you need to until my boyfriend is home. Let me know.....And we should all do that get together that Katie is talking about...it would be fun....we could get a room at the Holidome or something.
Old 07-09-2004, 11:30 AM
Wally~LOUD&Proud

Yep that was me My name is Tracy,my daughter is also 7. I would like to get to know you more first if possible.I will pm you.
Old 08-26-2004, 12:22 PM

Hi all,
I know this isn't the newest thread,but I just need to add to it and to talk for a few minutes,if that is okay.
I don't normally post much at all,but am having a really difficult time right now.
I am in UK and Richie is on D/R at Graterford.He had his death sentence vacated just before Xmas and is in county court going through a resentencing right now.
His lawyers told me because I am not family(we aren't married yet),I don't count,his family are rarely around,I am all he has and it's been that way for years.I should of been at the hearing,it was supposed to be in October,so I've booked flights etc,but they changed judges and brought it forward to this week and I can't be there.
Anyway,I guess I am just feeling really low at the moment,it's the not knowing that does it,once he is sentenced,whether it be life or death,we will know what we are dealing with.His lawyers won't tell me when he is sentenced,they tell me next to nothing,I will either read it on the internet,or if they move him back to Graterford straightaway,he can call me within a couple of day's,depending on if the phone is on his block that day or not.
At least this hearing is taking more than two weeks,his initial jury selection,trial,penalty phase and sentencing only took 3 day's in total.Maybe he will get a fair hearing this time around.
I normally see him around 5 times a year,but due to ill health last year,I haven't seen him since last July and it is just so hard to keep going at times.
Anyway,enough of me rattling on,I just wanted to talk for a few minutes.
Have a great day everyone!
Old 08-26-2004, 02:45 PM
Registered Member

I'm sorry that you're feeling the way you are I hope things get better for you guys real quick. If you need to talk, we're here.
Old 08-28-2004, 09:17 PM

Thanks for posting this, pinecone! This website has been the best place for me to come and vent, and moreso see that I am NOT the ONLY ONE in the world going through being separated from a loved one. It would be nice to have a PA get together for the PTO people-I'm from Northwest PA so it's not a bad drive to Pittsburg. I'd be interested.
Old 08-30-2004, 10:30 AM
Wally~LOUD&Proud

Where is your loved one at beartozgirl?
Old 08-30-2004, 04:28 PM
Registered Member

Hey Miss Katie....how was your visit this weekend? Hows your truck
Old 08-30-2004, 05:14 PM

It was a nice visit he was in good spirits...i got a 124.50 speeding ticket and that broken mirror is going to cost 77 to replace and the part has to be ordered. So the best part of my weekend was seeing him other than that it sucked big time...how was the rest of your weekend