Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 12-04-2017, 10:19 PM

Default What are you doing for your LO for the holidays?

So what is everyone doing for their loves for the holidays? This is our first Christmas together (well in over 20 years) and then his birthday is the first week in January. I am trying to think of something to send to him or do for him. Itís so hard when you canít do for them in there what you would do if they were out here. I am at a loss for ideas right now....
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chaddersgirl For This Useful Post:
Kyoto's May (12-04-2017), missingdee (12-04-2017)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-04-2017, 10:43 PM

When I was there just a note or anything from my boyfriend would cheer me up and make me happy. Anything from you to him I'm sure would make him happy. My boyfriend sent me a picture with him and my child with a note and that always cheered me up.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kyoto's May For This Useful Post:
Chaddersgirl (12-05-2017), missingdee (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 10:46 PM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoto's May View Post
When I was there just a note or anything from my boyfriend would cheer me up and make me happy. Anything from you to him I'm sure would make him happy. My boyfriend sent me a picture with him and my child with a note and that always cheered me up.
Thank you! I will definitely send a note and a picture of me and my kids.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaddersgirl For This Useful Post:
missingdee (12-04-2017)
Old 12-04-2017, 11:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddersgirl View Post
Thank you! I will definitely send a note and a picture of me and my kids.
I wish the best for you two
Old 12-04-2017, 11:04 PM
She's Home! Moderator

PTO Moderator 

Thanked 4,096 Times in 1,717 Posts

Dee got out last year about a week before Christmas so Christmas was all hectic for her with family and her kids and everything. I stayed out of the way, but we had a little gift exchange a couple days after. This year her ex- has her kids so I think we might spend it together. Not sure if at her parentsí or mine yet. I will know more soon. But I am looking forward to it. Her birthday is 10 days before so I am doing something fun for her....Iím a bit of a techie so earlier this year I was working on making a retro gaming console (Nintendo, Atari, SNES, Genesis, PlayStation, PSP....yes playing the games on a full-size television) and others. She was all excited and said she wanted one. So I bought an Android TV box, did some customization, and am in the process of making it into a classic video gaming system. Even got her a couple of controllers to go with it. For Christmas....something fancier. I figured this year I would get her something fun for her birthday and something fancy for Christmas. I donít have a ton of money right now but Iíve been setting a little aside each week for months and I think I can get her something nice (not too fancy but nice.)

Iím hoping she gets me a wallet. I keep dropping hints that mine is tattered and probably could be replaced. Weíll see.

Plus we have the greatest gift of all: a year of freedom under her belt.
The Colorblind Moderator (I'm not even going to try to use green down here, I'll embarass myself! LOL!) Currently assisting in all forums and actively monitoring Wives and Girlfriends in Prison and the California forums.

#ByeCDCR #TimesUp #HomeForChristmas
Old 12-04-2017, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingdee View Post
Dee got out last year about a week before Christmas so Christmas was all hectic for her with family and her kids and everything. I stayed out of the way, but we had a little gift exchange a couple days after. This year her ex- has her kids so I think we might spend it together. Not sure if at her parentsí or mine yet. I will know more soon. But I am looking forward to it. Her birthday is 10 days before so I am doing something fun for her....Iím a bit of a techie so earlier this year I was working on making a retro gaming console (Nintendo, Atari, SNES, Genesis, PlayStation, PSP....yes playing the games on a full-size television) and others. She was all excited and said she wanted one. So I bought an Android TV box, did some customization, and am in the process of making it into a classic video gaming system. Even got her a couple of controllers to go with it. For Christmas....something fancier. I figured this year I would get her something fun for her birthday and something fancy for Christmas. I donít have a ton of money right now but Iíve been setting a little aside each week for months and I think I can get her something nice (not too fancy but nice.)

Iím hoping she gets me a wallet. I keep dropping hints that mine is tattered and probably could be replaced. Weíll see.

Mhm, same, the best gift I got was freedom.
The Following User Says Thank You to Kyoto's May For This Useful Post:
missingdee (12-04-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 02:18 AM

Thanked 1,802 Times in 1,146 Posts

I sent him a secure pack and I also just sent him 50$ to buy some things out of a Christmas catalog they just got.

Old 12-05-2017, 02:46 AM
Married May 27, 2017!

I got him a package of food from the state approved source. I also visited him.

Unfortunately, this year, he's in a halfway house and his parole officer thinks he manipulated me into marrying him and has banned all contact between us.
Old 12-05-2017, 05:44 AM

Thanked 1,232 Times in 620 Posts

Mine is getting a Christmas card everyday this month until Christmas. I fell behind and he got a bunch at once. He was so happy to get real Christmas cards. I put corny Christmas jokes inside.

The Following User Says Thank You to onedayatatime13 For This Useful Post:
Chaddersgirl (12-05-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 07:14 AM
Donation Award 

Thanked 2,275 Times in 1,089 Posts

Well, I just got back from a trip over there and that was both of our Christmas gift. It was awesome and I think we both loved it!!
bmoreicon (12-05-2017), Chaddersgirl (12-05-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoto's May View Post
I wish the best for you two
Thank you so much! That is very sweet of you. I'm so very hopeful and looking forward to a life with this man!
Old 12-05-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by missingdee View Post

I think this is awesome and so thoughtful and creative of you! I'm sure she will love all of it!

I was thinking since he is out in April, I might just send the card and pic and then once he is out have a Christmas and birthday do over, take him shopping for some things he really wants and maybe dinner of his choice and a night at a hotel without kids around.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chaddersgirl For This Useful Post:
missingdee (12-05-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 09:24 PM

His birthday is this month as well .. I am sending him a book and a puzzle.. I also send him cards for every holiday that is marked on my desk calendar for fun..
The Following User Says Thank You to Daddysgal For This Useful Post:
Chaddersgirl (12-05-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaddersgirl View Post
Thank you so much! That is very sweet of you. I'm so very hopeful and looking forward to a life with this man!
I'm sure you two will have a great life together! I never gave up hope neither should you, I absolutely know how he feels
Old 12-13-2017, 10:11 AM

I Print Christmas pictures off the internet and love quotes color them and write. Lots of letters the prison my husband is at don't allow cards if you send them they make copies and give them the copy