Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

Old 11-28-2017, 07:16 AM

I am really missing my guy lately. He was in the county prison since April, then moved to state for classification this month. In county I talked to him everyday and visited once a week. I was really angry at first, now I just miss him. I haven't talked to him since Nov 1st, just 3 letters. Keep waiting for a call, an email anything...my boys are missing him very much.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-28-2017, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natascha View Post
I am really missing my guy lately. He was in the county prison since April, then moved to state for classification this month. In county I talked to him everyday and visited once a week. I was really angry at first, now I just miss him. I haven't talked to him since Nov 1st, just 3 letters. Keep waiting for a call, an email anything...my boys are missing him very much.
I know the feeling I talk and message my babe everything day. I havent talk to him in a week and I’m in withdrawal because it hard with him away even harder with not talking to him. He was moved from the county last week to prison for intake. We talk about him leaving and me not being able to talk to him. I wa kind of prepared but I’m missing him. And it’s hard with him away because he was my comfort zone I don’t have friend and all I do is work and go home. I mail a letter off to him and I’m praying he get it. I have already put money on his phone time so he can call when he get to make a call. I even research how to send him commissary just scared to send it and they move him since he’s in intake and subject to be move. I’m praying for guidance and understanding. I just miss him and ready for him to come home. I need him here with me in so many ways. Did you write him or did he write you. Is he still in intake. I’m just trying to get some understanding and wondering how long before I hear his Voice. Has he sent you visitation forms.

Last edited by Cindaluvsrod; 11-28-2017 at 08:25 AM..
Old 11-28-2017, 10:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindaluvsrod View Post
I know the feeling I talk and message my babe everything day. I havent talk to him in a week and Iím in withdrawal because it hard with him away even harder with not talking to him. He was moved from the county last week to prison for intake. We talk about him leaving and me not being able to talk to him. I wa kind of prepared but Iím missing him. And itís hard with him away because he was my comfort zone I donít have friend and all I do is work and go home. I mail a letter off to him and Iím praying he get it. I have already put money on his phone time so he can call when he get to make a call. I even research how to send him commissary just scared to send it and they move him since heís in intake and subject to be move. Iím praying for guidance and understanding. I just miss him and ready for him to come home. I need him here with me in so many ways. Did you write him or did he write you. Is he still in intake. Iím just trying to get some understanding and wondering how long before I hear his Voice. Has he sent you visitation forms.
I feel your pain! Yes he is still considered in intake. He finally was able to write me and I wrote him back. If you write him he will get it, they are also supposed to forward as well mail if he were to be moved. I did put commissary on and he wrote he was so happy to get it. I would go ahead and put it on because he may be able to order before he can talk to you. And his inmate money goes with him when he transfers too. He still does not have an approved visit or call list feel free to msg me if you want, sounds like we are around the same timeframe. I'm in PA
Old 11-28-2017, 11:38 AM

Yes. I put some on his book and his phone time. Iím from Mississippi but heís he jail in Arkansas. I am missing him in so many ways. I found the website we I can buy the commissary myself itís the one prison use and when I put his number in it pull his name up. Tell me some things you are doing to cope with him away and how long is he gone for. Iím trying my best to be strong
Old 11-28-2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindaluvsrod View Post
Yes. I put some on his book and his phone time. Iím from Mississippi but heís he jail in Arkansas. I am missing him in so many ways. I found the website we I can buy the commissary myself itís the one prison use and when I put his number in it pull his name up. Tell me some things you are doing to cope with him away and how long is he gone for. Iím trying my best to be strong
If you can pull his name up then hes in the system and will get the money from you. I am honestly keeping myself incredibly busy, which for me is not hard, I work crazy hours and he had a business too, plus 3 kids. So keeping yourself as busy as you can helps. I don't have many friends or people outside of him, so when I have downtime that's when I get sad. It will also be hard for me to visit, he's 3 hours away and he will be moved eventually, hopefully not further. I printed pictures of random things in our house or life that he will miss and am sending a couple spaced out to just remind him in here. I would say don't let yourself get to the point of depression. Are there things you had planned to do together? For me we had planned to do our living room over, I had time off over thanksgiving so I painted out living room. Do things to keep you busy and looking at the future! Mine was sentenced to 2 to 10 years, he has a year and a half credit, so he has 18 ish months, I'm guessing without talking to him to confirm his minimum will be march or April 2019. How long do you have?
The Following User Says Thank You to natascha For This Useful Post:
Cindaluvsrod (11-29-2017)
Old 11-28-2017, 05:01 PM

Hey Iím just getting off with. I work long hours my self. Iím store manager At A convenient store. I am looking for a part time job to give me some to do. My children always said Iím boring ang all I do is lay in the bed when Iím off. I just donít like being out I like being around positivity so I stay to my self. He was moved today I got this vine link notification let me know when he is move. He got 120 months but praying he get release on good behavior. In at least 8 months but his pe date says 2023
Old 12-03-2017, 11:14 PM

I’m new to this but I’m glad I finally signed up and started writing on how I felt. My bf is still awaiting court dates. It seems like it’s taking forever. He from and is in jail in NJ while I live in New York. I just had our daughter in August and he wasn’t able to be there. There are times I want to cry every time I look at our baby girl. I try to be patient but there are days I miss the simple things like being able to text him or just call him when I want. He still awaiting court dates so everything still up in the air. I pray everyday that his new judge will see thru the bull crap and let my baby come home. It’s hard to talk to anyone cuz they look at me crazy because I decided to stay with my bf thru this even though we aren’t married. But I have had feelings for him since I was 19 and thru all of our relationship we stayed friends even it’s feelings. Sometimes I just wonder why now when we were finally able to be together that two months into our intimate relationship and us starting a family this had to happen lthNk you for making this thread. It’s good not to feel so alone or judged for my decision.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lovelives0903 For This Useful Post:
bmoreicon (12-05-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovelives0903 View Post
Iím new to this but Iím glad I finally signed up and started writing on how I felt. My bf is still awaiting court dates. It seems like itís taking forever. He from and is in jail in NJ while I live in New York. I just had our daughter in August and he wasnít able to be there. There are times I want to cry every time I look at our baby girl. I try to be patient but there are days I miss the simple things like being able to text him or just call him when I want. He still awaiting court dates so everything still up in the air. I pray everyday that his new judge will see thru the bull crap and let my baby come home. Itís hard to talk to anyone cuz they look at me crazy because I decided to stay with my bf thru this even though we arenít married. But I have had feelings for him since I was 19 and thru all of our relationship we stayed friends even itís feelings. Sometimes I just wonder why now when we were finally able to be together that two months into our intimate relationship and us starting a family this had to happen lthNk you for making this thread. Itís good not to feel so alone or judged for my decision.
welcome!!! Ignore those who don't understand. The journey will be easier if you stay surrounded by those who support you and your loved one through this difficult time. Stay busy and keep your thinking positive!! Congratulations on the baby girl!!!
Old 12-05-2017, 04:23 PM

I miss my baby so much. I wish he was home with me. 90% of th time I just want to cry.
The Following User Says Thank You to jeremyswife207 For This Useful Post:
bmoreicon (12-05-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 06:35 PM

I am the same way
Old 12-05-2017, 07:25 PM

I try to stay busy but all I do is cry and get depressed. So easy like. We talk on the phone. But I just want to hold him. Mine is just in county. And goes to court in morning. I'm so scared. We don't know what to expect.
Old 12-23-2017, 10:23 PM

Question papa bear

i dont know how to do this alone.... my fiance was in county from October 3 rd
till he was transferred on the 19 th of December he was given two years ....im trying to hold it down for us he was our bread winner .
for some reason my pone number hasn't been approved yet ive had the same number for five years this is my first time going through this and i feel SO LOST
im on probation for a traffic ticket and the web site says i cant see him if im on probation
i need help if any one knows anything about coastal im deing to get information

thank you 'feeling incomplete

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben's girl View Post
Missing your man? And need to just let it out to people who understand? We all go through moments where we miss our guys and just don't have anyone on the outside who understands. Who better than the H/B PTO members to help you out during your difficult time.

So, if you are missing your man and need to get your thoughts off your chest, this is YOUR thread to do so.

Chin up, ladies. We'll get through this together.
Old 12-24-2017, 12:52 AM

84 days... omg I cant wait... I miss him so much..

Old 12-28-2017, 12:24 PM

4 days and it will be a new month and new year and I'm trying to stay positive about that but the last few days I am missing the sh*t out of my man! I think it's a mixture of the holidays without him, his b-day is next week, and the fact that I have been trying to go visit him for the last month but the weather keeps posing a challenge! I also think I'm just getting SO anxious because we only have a few months (3-4) left. It's mostly the f*cking weather though. So annoying because he is about an hour and 45 minutes away and I have the means/ability to go see him but this weather is making it feel like he is on the other side of the world! Also just daily life things have been happening where I just want him here so I can cry/vent on his shoulder. I try to stay positive on our calls because I know it kills him that he can't help but he has been hearing it in my voice lately. All I want is to see him and get that hug that I know makes me feel like all is right in the world. I want that 3 hours of sitting across from him and staring into his eyes, talking and laughing and just taking the moment in. This snow needs to stop or I'm going to snap! LOL!

Thanks for listening to my venting friends! I know we are all going through it...
Old 12-28-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunyb77 View Post
till he was transferred on the 19 th of December he was given two years ....im trying to hold it down for us he was our bread winner .
for some reason my pone number hasn't been approved yet ive had the same number for five years this is my first time going through this and i feel SO LOST
im on probation for a traffic ticket and the web site says i cant see him if im on probation

I can't speak to exactly why your number hasn't been approved but with me it turns out my visitation was approved the same week he was transferred so my approval sat on his old counselor's desk for almost 2 weeks before they sent it on to the new place. At one point he jokingly said, "Is there something you need to tell me as to why you have not been approved yet?"
He should be able to check into your number, the visitation rules, etc. and send you a letter or email. Are you signed up for emails? Me and my man use Corrlinks to email.

Good luck. I know this wasn't much help but just wanted you to know you are not alone. Some of the others on here might have some thoughts around your situation as well. Sit tight and they will respond.
Old 12-30-2017, 04:27 AM
Midnight Sun Moderator

PTO Site Moderator 

Donation Award 

Thanked 2,765 Times in 1,281 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunyb77 View Post

Hey and welcome to Prison Talk! You are not alone in this, sweetie. We have tons of people, men and women, in this community who are going through the same thing...some for a shorter time, some for considerably longer. Keep reading and sharing on these boards and hopefully that will bring you some comfort and support. You mention you are in GA and your fiancť is in Coastal State Prison there: please have a look at our Georgia forums HERE
in order to find out more about that state and prison.
Good luck to you and hang in there! We are here for you!
Old 01-01-2018, 02:22 PM

Hello everyone I usually just hold my emotions in,but I don't have the strength to do that anymore.As the days pass I am missing my boyfriend more and more.We have a baby son together and I must say it gets tough raising my son on my own.Im so stressed out and so lonely.My kids and his phone calls are what keeps me going forward
Old 01-01-2018, 07:39 PM

Glad we are down a number! Hello 2018 letís get through these years and get my hubby home! I miss him like crazy!!!! All I do is think about him and dream about him! Our Playlist is so long!!!
Old 01-02-2018, 02:19 PM

Lately I am just missing him SO much!!!!! Everything that happens I find myself wishing he was here sharing the experience with me. I have not been able to go see him (he's less than 2 hours away) since the week before Thanksgiving due to work, car trouble, weather, etc. I can tell it's starting to bug him too. He's been half jokingly saying stuff like, "well if you don't want to come see me just say so, you don't have to keep making up excuses." He's such a butt! Anyway, tomorrow is his birthday but I can't go see him because the facility he is at only has visits on Mondays, Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays. I wanted to go this last weekend or even Monday but it's been -25 degrees here (windchill of -45) and my car just was not having it. I had to get a new battery which was not cheap. Lately it has been one thing after another and it's really starting to get to me that I can not go see him. He only has 4-5 months left so really I am being a complete whiny brat but I am going up Friday no matter what dang it! I don't care if I have to walk the 114 miles. LOL!
Old 01-02-2018, 07:53 PM

Hey y'all Im probably the youngest one on this site i'm 18 years old I'm missing my man so much i seen him yesterday and its a 4 hr drive i only got to see him for an hour and 45 min i know thats a long time compared to other women on this site but its breaking my heart that he's in there he got railroaded , but bad things happen to good people , we used to do everything together he's getting out sometime in march do any of you have advice cause my days are longer and depressing , he has kitchen duty in their so its going quick for him but definitely not for me
Old 01-02-2018, 07:55 PM

I know you feel mine only has visits mon-friday not even the weekends @chaddersgirl
The Following User Says Thank You to Mads528 For This Useful Post:
Chaddersgirl (01-02-2018)
Old 01-02-2018, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mads528 View Post
Hey y'all Im probably the youngest one on this site i'm 18 years old I'm missing my man so much i seen him yesterday and its a 4 hr drive i only got to see him for an hour and 45 min i know thats a long time compared to other women on this site but its breaking my heart that he's in there he got railroaded , but bad things happen to good people , we used to do everything together he's getting out sometime in march do any of you have advice cause my days are longer and depressing , he has kitchen duty in their so its going quick for him but definitely not for me
All I can say is just keep as busy as possible so it helps your days go by quickly,write your guy letters and take as many phone calls and visits as you can,all of the above will help you get through it.Just remember March is very close and although it seems like so far away for you, remember there's always someone else in a worse situation..Other women have years and years until there significant other comes home so be thankful that your man is so close to coming home
The Following User Says Thank You to Calmendarez For This Useful Post:
Sarianna (01-05-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 08:34 PM

I hate having to admit Iím honestly really lonely right now. We just got together, and itís such a strange adjustment to make. Not knowing when heíll be able to call, not knowing when JPay is gonna break down, never knowing how slow the mail room is going to be... I keep reminding myself it hurts more in the beginning, and it hurts because I love him, not because thereís anything WRONG. It isnít helping that my hormones are making me feel particularly crazy this week if you catch my drift.... itís hard to keep myself distracted right now.
The Following User Says Thank You to yuliya1991 For This Useful Post:
Lytebryte (01-10-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 09:04 PM

Not to poop on your trying to stay positive but, I'm finding it's getting harder, now.
yuliya1991 (01-09-2018)
Old 01-09-2018, 09:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvmyCandyCaneman View Post
Not to poop on your trying to stay positive but, I'm finding it's getting harder, now.

Ah, Iíll just have to wait and see. Itís probably different for all of us... we just donít really have ďscheduleĒ yet (although itís probably not a good idea to get too attached to oneó that can lead to a lot of panic). He has a very long sentence so all of this is a part of the package. Well worth it though (so far at least, I have no lofty illusions or anything, I try to stay realistic).
The Following User Says Thank You to yuliya1991 For This Useful Post:
Lytebryte (01-10-2018)