Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Husbands & Boyfriends in Prison For everyone who has a husband, boyfriend or male partner incarcerated.

View Poll Results: Would you get your guys name tattooed on you??
Yes 911 76.94%
No 273 23.06%
Voters: 1184. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-25-2007, 12:09 PM

I did get my EX hubbies name....on my lower back and he got mine(on his forearm) 2 yrs later we were divorced....Do I still have it? YES He does not have mine any more....why do I still have it? Taught me a lesson! I will not remove it....unless i have been married to someone else for awhile.... why not get a symbol or something other then a name.....in case things dont work out!
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2007, 05:56 PM
dangerously in love

no, not yet. initially we discussed getting a latin phrase or symbol that meant something to us both. since he's been locked up, he's just had an obsession with us gettting tattoos but now he wants names. I don't want him to do it in there ( HIV, Hep C) and he wants us to do it at the same time, so I guess it'll wait till he comes home. Thing is, a part of him feels like i'm not doing it because i'm not sure about us, and that bothers him. This has been an issue getting a great deal of attention and discussion time between us. I'm 95% sure i'll do it before he gets out but I'm gonna surprise him with it. Do it on a sunday, send him pics and then show it to him in person the following saturday.

“Anyone can give up, it's the easiest thing in the world to do. But to hold it together when everyone else would understand if you fell apart, that's true strength.”

Old 02-25-2007, 06:02 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,590 Times in 2,182 Posts

Its not the ink that ruins the relationship its the ppl, the ink cant dictate wether or not your relationship will fail or not. The tattoo isnt just a representation of the relationship, the ppl involved are what makes the relationship and ultimately proves if its strong enough to survive or not .

To answer the question yes i have my husband's name on me twice, one is just his first name and the second one is his actual signature
Old 02-25-2007, 08:12 PM
Banned

Talking Would you get your guys name tattooed on you??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi74
Never wanted to before - don't know why I am thinking about it now, but I am. . . . Lexi74
Same here. But after reading someones post about her getting one and it hurting so bad, now I'm all scared all over again!! My husband has 9 of my name and now he's looking to do his neck, but low on the neck in case he has to cover it for work. I'm just too chicken of the pain so while I'd love to get two, and they are HOT because I know what I want, I'm just too chicken!! I hear on fleshy parts it doesn't hurt as bad and fleshy parts I do have. I'm just scared that one prick of that needle and I'll start freaking out rather than saying "just brace yaself and hold on HeSoHandsome, just hold on!!" Hmmm, sounds like something else, doesn't it?! I am scared-a-dat!!
Old 02-25-2007, 08:30 PM

Heck To The No!
Old 02-25-2007, 08:33 PM
It's Only Time

Default He asked me once

Thank God the tatoo artist had his first sick day of his career and cancelled. I never rescheduled. That was a BLESSING, I will NEVER consider that or do it! I am a lady and don't need to do that to prove anything and my husband knows better than to ask me again I think he only asked me for superficial and selfish reasons. Now he says he wants to do my name that is his choice, but it wouldn't do a darn thing for me except just to tell a story.

Old 02-25-2007, 10:01 PM
Banned

Red face

My actions prove my love. I been thinking about getting it because it's just something I want. Actually, it's two designs that I want -- I'd love to put my last name on one (which is his last name ), and his first name on the other because HE'D LOVE THAT. But not to prove anything. People get them for all different reasons, and that's mine. It would just be something that I want.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:04 PM
Makin it thru life slowly

I'm going to get his name on me and our last name on my lower back as soon as we get married.. he already has my name on his chest.. and he got it done while being locked up scary thought for real. but rite now he is sitting in the hole for tattooing he was getting either his last name or our sons name i dunno which yet but any way he is in the hole for it and has been in there since the 18th and should be out no later than the 15th. so if ur man is gonna do it in there make sure they are careful with it all!!!
Old 02-25-2007, 10:08 PM
Donation Award 

Thanked 5,590 Times in 2,182 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeSoHandsome
My actions prove my love. I been thinking about getting it because it's just something I want. Actually, it's two designs that I want -- I'd love to put my last name on one (which is his last name ), and his first name on the other because HE'D LOVE THAT. But not to prove anything. People get them for all different reasons, and that's mine. It would just be something that I want.

Exactly i got it because it was something that i wanted, not because i wanted to prove anything . I got other tattoos on me and they are there for my personal reasons.
Old 02-25-2007, 10:17 PM
one lucky woman

On my heart, in invisible ink

Diamond: a lump of coal that did well under pressure
The Following User Says Thank You to haswtch For This Useful Post:
HebrewLove (12-21-2008)
Old 02-25-2007, 10:52 PM

Default tattoos

I want to get a small heart with his initals in it. I don't want the full name because when I met him he had his ex-wifes name in big letters on his chest. Felt like I was borrowing someone else's man, and I didn't like seeing somone else's name on my man.
Old 02-26-2007, 01:14 AM
He's home!

No... but I would be open to considering a little cartoon or symbol that means something just between us... maybe, LOL....

He does have plans to get our wedding date tattooed HUGE down his side... (He already has a gazillion tattoos, including full sleeves) ...and I'm an artist, so I get to draw it up for him! Isn't that sweet? lol

Once he "approves my design", I'll have to take a picture of my drawing and post it...
Old 02-26-2007, 04:04 AM
Blessed
Donation Award 

I am a lady too and yes after long consideration I did. LOL He has had my name on his arm for 17 yrs and that's how long we have been married and it took me to get it done. Nothing big but a little classy heart and his name and a rose.

I didn't do it to prove anything because I am that confident about myself. I did it for our anniversary and it was his present on a FV.
Old 02-26-2007, 10:12 AM
waitin' on my man

Actually, that was Chris's proposal to me when I went on visit to see him, he showed me his lower left arm and I saw my name , I dang near freaked, he asked me will I marry him. He said that the tattoo is for life, you can't erase it, and he wants me for life. Y'all know I said yes....but don't expect me to get a tatt on me. (afraid of needles)
Old 02-26-2007, 10:57 AM
Banned

Done That A Ling Time Ago .i Put His Name On My Ankle Like 5yrs.when We Get Married I Plan On Putting My Name In A Private Place For Our Eyes Only Lol Lol Lol
Old 02-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Outlaw's honey girl

No name tattoos for me but I would consider a tattoo that had meaning for both of us.

Old 02-26-2007, 11:59 AM

Im not sure I think only if he puts my name on him which he said he would. I think I would put his name on the back of my neck. I think I will get it on our 10 year anniversary

HE'S HOME!

Old 02-27-2007, 02:24 AM

I all ready did!
I got mine done a little over a month ago. It's his signature of his first name. I've tried to attach a pic of it, it hurt like hell, but I'm not sorry that I've done it. It's the only tat I have, and the last one I'll ever get.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 100_1382.jpg (13.3 KB, 91 views)
Old 02-27-2007, 03:45 AM
Banned

Default A Sign Of Our Love Forever-YES!

We decided that we are going to get something symbolic of our love instead of our names. He is an artist and he wants to do it on me when he gets home. He is also going to put something tribal on my lower back.

These will be my first and he told me I better NOT cry!!!
I'm scared but I want to do it.
Old 02-27-2007, 05:40 AM
I MISS MY JOEY

YAP GOT IT ON MY LOWER BACK & HE HAS MY NAME GOING ALL THE WAY ACROSS HIS BACK.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TAT OF JOEY.JPG (24.5 KB, 86 views)
Old 02-27-2007, 12:14 PM

Sure
Old 02-27-2007, 12:24 PM

yes I Got My Husbands Name Tattooed On My Right Upper Arm.i Love That Man To Death.but God Forbid Anything Ever Happens Between Us I Know That He Was Part Of A Good Time In My Life.no Regrets!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-27-2007, 04:08 PM

Yes im going to get it soon. He already got my name on his arm and it's huge.
Old 02-27-2007, 04:14 PM
miss myliss (:

im not sure if you would consider it his name, but im planning to go and get a tattoo which says "guttas angel" very soon! i drew it out myself with a little help from him too! his nickname in the streets is "young tae gutta" and he says im his angel, so i figured - you know its cute, catchy, and shows my love for him!
Old 02-27-2007, 09:26 PM
lovingour2

yeah me and him have plans to get eachothers name on our necks when he comes home to me. ill do anything for him. And we are doing together which makes it even more perfect.