Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > BREAK TIME > PTO Lounge
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

PTO Lounge Come in... put your feet up and relax... talk about anything non-prison related! Hobbies, Books, Technical and Do it Yourself, Travel and more.

Old 05-15-2003, 08:21 AM

Talking so many thoughts on my new/old love...clinton

where do I begin? lets start with the background...clinton and I were together in highschool...now we are back together...it has been 4 years since we were together. a lot has changed and I am so impressed of who he has become. I'm grateful that he was there for me when Shawn hurt me. Yes Clinton is a rebound relationship but I don't think it's all bad because clinton is not new in my life. Lately a lot about the future has been talked about between us. I believe we are in the time of our lives that we want to settle down and am tired of the dating scene. the other day we went to his cousin's house....his wife was asking why did we break up in highschool and how did we get back together. I told her everything. she said oh my you all have been through a lot together...I would think you all would give up on relationships all together. Then she said...well its about time you two settle down... "hey Clint, when are you getting this woman a ring." Clinton had a huge grin on his face. I was so surprised and my face turned red by that comment. Clinton has said that he knows what he wants and that I am the only girl he wants in his life. he also said he wants to get an apartment with me when I get a job. I'm so excited about at this sweet talk and overwhelmed because things like these don't happen like this. I'm usually the one that begs the guy. Clinton told me that he was looking for me for quite some time and wanted me back. I cry happy tears just thinking about that. I have never gotten over Clinton and always compared him to other relationships. Clinton is such a giver and cuddler...I would always miss that. also I would date guys that looked nothing like Clinton so I wouldn't be reminded of him. but yet i always seemed to think about him. No matter how mad he made me in the past...I couldn't stop thinking about all the wonderful things he and I did together. yes clinton was my first true love. my dad and him talk easily about cars...my mom loves him and always said "Clinton is my favorite." Wise people have told me...don't rush into anything because this is a rebound...and be careful. Yes I agree. things seem so right. I feel truely blessed. I have talked to some of my friends about this and the ones that knew clinton and I together in the past seem not so happy for me. they feel that it's old and I need to move on. they feel that it's a phase I am going through. also that I get hurt by guys all the time...when will I stop putting myself through that. they are valid with their concerns. I trust Clinton and feel that we have matured so much in the 4 years we have been not a couple. I'm still thinking of myself and my career. I love myself so much that I would not stop all that I have worked hard for. well that is my thoughts in a nut shell. it's so good to put my thoughts out there. great therapy....as "Toughtimes" has done. take care everyone.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:30 AM

I am so happy for you and glad that you have found someone to love. I for one believe that you can find love in an ex. I too am working things out with my ex and things are going really well for us. I feel like me and my son have a future with this man and that he is the only man that ever truly loved me. We too have been through alot but we have grown alot as I'm sure you two have. We all make mistakes when we are young. I wish you too well and lots of happiness.
Old 05-15-2003, 08:33 AM
Yooper Mod on Leave
Donation Award 

Gwyn,

How nice! I'm so happy for you that things are working out in such a positive manner...

Deb

September 10th 2009
Old 05-15-2003, 08:36 AM

thanks yanigirl and deb. When I was going through the traumatic times with Shawn...I didn't think I would be happy with another male. I wanted so badly to hate all males but Clinton knows my heart and wooed me....hehehe. I have only built a wall up from Shawn. if you know what I mean.
Old 05-15-2003, 10:26 AM
In struggle & In strength

hey i really am happy that you have found that love that you are looking for. I hope that things continue to be the same and you guys stay happy together.

Kristen
Old 05-15-2003, 10:30 AM

thanks kristen...I sure do hope so also.
Old 05-15-2003, 01:04 PM
In the Hole 4 Life

I am so happy for you Gwyn and always follow your heart. Don't rationalize everything too much even though a degree of that is necessary. You'll know when the right one comes along.
Old 05-16-2003, 08:08 AM

I am so happy for you Gwyn. It doesn't sound like a rebound to me it sounds like one happy couple that has reunited and matured in the last 4 yrs. Keep the faith and I am glad that you won't let anyone take away your self esteem. I know I had that problem I put all my energy into them that I forgot about ME and today that isn't happening. Best of luck to you and Clinton Gwyn. My prayers are with you both on your new journey together.

cherrie from tx
Old 05-20-2003, 11:41 AM
Praying for FOREVER!

I am sure that your friends know you better than I do, but I do not believe that this is a rebound relationship. I do not think that you are completely over Shawn, and you might never be because of all you did for him. But, that does not mean that you can not find utter and complete happiness with Clinton. People can really grow and change as time passes, and I think that you two really have a chance of making it!! Don't let Shawn stand in your way, though. I shouldn't have told Trey this, but when he was packing his stuff to move out, I said to him "If you come to me in a year and want to be with me again, I'll probably change whatever is going on in my life to be with you again, cause I love you that damn much." Don't do that - Clint sounds like a great guy! Therapy rocks, doesn't it!
Old 05-20-2003, 12:39 PM
Been here forever

That is wonderful Gywn. I am very happy for you
Old 05-20-2003, 10:09 PM
~BELIEVE~7-10-06~
Donation Award 

ENJOY THE MOMENT!
Old 05-20-2003, 10:14 PM

clinton and I are talking about getting a place together when ever I get a full time job. I am excited about our future and I feel that we complete each other. thanks lulu, demiblue, lisa, cherrie, and kenny for your replies. very much appreciated. hugs to everyone.