Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > INDIANA > Indiana Prison and Jail Specific Discussions
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Indiana Prison and Jail Specific Discussions This forum covers topics & discussions specific to Jails and Prisons located throughout the State of Indiana.

Old 08-11-2017, 04:10 AM

Question Jpay for Indiana Women's Prison

Hi all.
I am in Australia and I want to send some money to a person in the IWP. I am just writing here, because all you folks have a great deal of knowledge and may be able to help me.
I tried to send money and it immediately said I couldn't. The person I wanted to send money too must be able to see that I tried and she then "emailed" me..amazing!
We have been emailing back and forth and she told me I need to fill out a visitation form to be able to send money....which I have done a few weeks ago now.
The visitation form allows for a particular country choice, but then only lets you choose a state from USA and if you don't choose one an error comes up. So I just chose a state with similar letters to mine in Australia.

Anyway is this the only way I can send her money? It appears that people here are sending money and don't have visitation yet..so to me there must be a better way.

She wants to buy some running shoes..which she said are new balance...can anyone tell me how much money she needs for this and how much fees etc are extracted?

Many thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Old 08-11-2017, 07:06 PM

Thanked 1,065 Times in 514 Posts

Unless they have changed things you have to an approved visitor to put money on the books for someone in Indiana. That was done to try and stop people from black mailing families with treats etc
The Following User Says Thank You to tigrldy For This Useful Post:
formarbry (08-11-2017)