Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > WELCOME TO PTO > Introduce Yourself!
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Introduce Yourself! Please stop by and introduce yourself and share your story with others in the Prison Talk Online community!

Old 12-21-2020, 05:53 PM

Default Intro--lisaeliason from Florida

I'm new to this whole experience. My boyfriend has just been extradited back to where we're from,(Florida), leaving me stuck in Wisconsin. We moved here to Wisconsin together from Florida about a year ago. Not sure when or IF he's going to get his day in court any time soon. His son has been waiting,(in jail), for a full YEAR and his trial date is tentatively scheduled for March 2021. My boyfriend has only been gone for 3 weeks but it feels like 3 months have passed! Plus, I have his 14 yr old daughter here. How to cope? I've sent him anything and everything I could think of,(socks, underwear, t-shirts, soap, deodorant, cards, drawing/writing supplies, stamped envelopes, word search books),as well as keeping money on the phone. WOW this is expensive! Any tips/advice? He may be down for quite awhile n I've never done this. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2020, 06:56 PM
Site Moderator
Donation Award 

Thanked 24,335 Times in 13,943 Posts

Welcome to prison talk. As you know for what has happened (or not happened) in his son's case, it can be a very long process, with very little progress. Stay strong, and support him as best you can.
Old 12-22-2020, 01:51 PM

Unhappy

Thank you so much. Trying...
The Following User Says Thank You to lisaeliason For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (12-22-2020)
Old 12-24-2020, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaeliason View Post
I'm new to this whole experience. My boyfriend has just been extradited back to where we're from,(Florida), leaving me stuck in Wisconsin. We moved here to Wisconsin together from Florida about a year ago. Not sure when or IF he's going to get his day in court any time soon. His son has been waiting,(in jail), for a full YEAR and his trial date is tentatively scheduled for March 2021. My boyfriend has only been gone for 3 weeks but it feels like 3 months have passed! Plus, I have his 14 yr old daughter here. How to cope? I've sent him anything and everything I could think of,(socks, underwear, t-shirts, soap, deodorant, cards, drawing/writing supplies, stamped envelopes, word search books),as well as keeping money on the phone. WOW this is expensive! Any tips/advice? He may be down for quite awhile n I've never done this. Thanks in advance.
Stay strong and yes it gets VERY expensive. Been doing it for a year and a half now...I hope everything works out.
Old 01-07-2021, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisaeliason View Post
Lisa, I feel your pain. Try to set a budget. Knkwing he wouldn't want u to go without just for his sake. You are a ride or die from what I've read. Unfortunately its going to get harder before it gets easier. So constant reassurance, constant letter writing. And most of all, always accept his phone calls if possible. I remember being on the phone making a car payment and she called. Well I went thru with the payment and missed her call, which was the wrong thing to do. I should of clicked over and waited to finish the payment. Im still learning how to be the best boyfriend to her while she's in there. Only 18 more months to go until we are together. And im gonna be here til the end. Good luck.
Old 02-21-2021, 08:53 AM

For phone calls, sign up for a prison connect number if you haven't already. It's $4.99 a month, gets you a local number in the area so you're not paying so much for phone calls.
Old 02-21-2021, 07:07 PM
PTO Administrator
Donation Award 

Thanked 37,690 Times in 17,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aznqueen824 View Post
For phone calls, sign up for a prison connect number if you haven't already. It's $4.99 a month, gets you a local number in the area so you're not paying so much for phone calls.

But will FDOC approve the number? A phone bill for the number in the name of the person applying for inmate calls has to be submitted and approved by FDOC. If it is a call forward service, it is against FDOC policies and repercussions will follow if/when caught.

patchouli, PTO Admin

The Following User Says Thank You to patchouli For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (02-21-2021)
Old 02-22-2021, 03:25 PM

If you were not to want to risk a call forwarding setup, you can change your own cell number, or acquire an inexpensive second cell phone (wal-mart, etc.) with the area code of the prison. Many people I knew while in federal prison did this, and it can’t be contested because it is a legitimate phone.