Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Terre Haute Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Terre Haute Federal Prisons Topics and discussion specific to USP Terre Haute and FCI Terre Haute in Terre Haute, Indiana.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:44 PM

Your welcome no problem! Yes it's not the best position to be in, and a lot of people don't understand that's why this site is so good, no criticism and some great advise, we all need that from time to time lol
fbopnomore (09-24-2014)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-25-2014, 09:11 AM

They will tell you if it is locked down if you call. But they wont tell you for how long. If you call and check on visits and it says it is cancelled you can expect them to be locked down at least through then. I called this morning and it said no visits.
The Following User Says Thank You to patsgirl1 For This Useful Post:
Ladybug1411 (09-26-2014)
Old 09-25-2014, 09:14 AM

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybug1411 View Post
Well mine has been there for several years and has always remained the same attitude wise but I will say I've noticed a change in the past 2 months, he's withdrawing a bit which happens from time to time I know but he's just not acting his normal self, all he's saying is things are changing and getting pretty rough and he's really talking about trying to transfer..

Mine has been over the last 2 months or so too. And he can't transfer because he has less than 2 years left. So he is stuck there. I am starting to worry, I am not sure how to deal with it. I just try to stay positive. he doesn't tell me too much about what goes on there, I guess because the first time he started telling me about it i broke down and cried on the phone and I was so worried about him. So he keeps most of it to him self. I just know it is a really rough place to be.
The Following User Says Thank You to patsgirl1 For This Useful Post:
Ladybug1411 (09-25-2014)
Old 09-27-2014, 10:48 PM

No word since last Saturday here either, sick of waiting
The Following User Says Thank You to katlynjaners For This Useful Post:
Ladybug1411 (09-28-2014)
Old 09-28-2014, 06:59 AM

I just called, they said that they will be able to use the phone and showers tomorrow and possibly be back to normal tuesday as long as nothing happens tomorrow. Lock down was repricussion from last times stabbing.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to patsgirl1 For This Useful Post:
4MyJoe (09-28-2014), bluesmnm (09-29-2014), fbopnomore (09-28-2014), Ladybug1411 (09-28-2014)
Old 09-28-2014, 07:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by patsgirl1 View Post
I just called, they said that they will be able to use the phone and showers tomorrow and possibly be back to normal tuesday as long as nothing happens tomorrow. Lock down was repricussion from last times stabbing.
Well that's good news, thanks for updating us patsgirl, it's hopefully gonna get back to some kind of normalcy for them bless their hearts!
Old 09-28-2014, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katlynjaners View Post
No word since last Saturday here either, sick of waiting
Oh me too girl! I've written every day til my hands are sore! And I'm about outta stamps lol I'm hopin he's been gettin his mail! This will be over soon and we will all get back on track! Gotta stay positive even though that's sometimes hard to do hang in there!
Old 09-28-2014, 07:39 AM

My honey has been there for 18 months, this is the longest lockdown we've experienced thus far. He absolutely hates TH, he said it's the worst ever.
Old 09-28-2014, 11:40 AM

Mine says it is horrible too. And the guard that answered the phone.. His exact words were they will be able to take showers and use the phone tomorrow. They havent had a shower in 8 days! That is not right!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to patsgirl1 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (09-28-2014), Ladybug1411 (09-28-2014)
Old 09-29-2014, 10:13 AM

Still nothing?! Ugh, this is horrible. I thought they had to let them shower every 3 days, or am I mistaken?
Old 09-29-2014, 10:37 AM
♥ Por Vida ♥

((((( FRUSTRATED)))))
Just curious, has anyone received any mail? I haven't and usually on a lock down, he sends something out within a day or two and this time, NOTHING. I suspect they are holding their mail too....

Maribel

Old 09-29-2014, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4MyJoe View Post
Still nothing?! Ugh, this is horrible. I thought they had to let them shower every 3 days, or am I mistaken?
I thought so too. But it didn't sound that way when he said that. I dont know what is going on but I still haven't heard anything.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:42 AM
♥ Por Vida ♥

My husband has been there 14 months and you're right, this is by far the longest.

Quote:
My honey has been there for 18 months, this is the longest lockdown we've experienced thus far. He absolutely hates TH, he said it's the worst ever.

Old 09-29-2014, 12:04 PM

Yep no word and I haven't received any letters either which is very unusual, this is a long one, about like the holidays last year, remember when they pretty much locked down between Thanksgiving and Christmas, it was absolutely horrible! Come on TH let them boys out for a bit, let them shower, stretch their legs and call their ladies for goodness sakes!!!!!!
bluesmnm (09-29-2014), fbopnomore (09-29-2014)
Old 09-29-2014, 01:20 PM
♥ Por Vida ♥

So I just got a message back from someone that I went to, to pick his brain. He was a former inmate and very knowledgeably of the system. He says that mail "should" NOT be interrupted but we all know that depends on the CO's doing the collecting and THEIR MOOD. Also, their supposed to be permitted a shower at least twice per week, again, depends on their moods. But BY RIGHTS, hopefully they've at least gotten to shower.

Just thought I'd pass down the info I was given.

Maribel

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluesmnm For This Useful Post:
4MyJoe (09-30-2014), Ladybug1411 (09-29-2014)
Old 09-29-2014, 01:41 PM
♥ Por Vida ♥

Yep, I totally remember that. I want to go In November but the way things are going, I'm not sure it would be a good idea. A friend of mine went two weeks ago at the first part of this lock down and was turned completely away for the entire weekend visit, and she traveled from Canada. That's just ashame all the money we spend on traveling, many of us single moms and they have no regard to all the hardship we endure in efforts to keep our families together. My daughter is dying to see her Dad but I can't afford a trip and be turned away. We follow all their rules and yet, they treat us like inmates rather than the ones out here giving them something to hold on to.

Sorry, I'm venting now

Maribel

Quote:
Yep no word and I haven't received any letters either which is very unusual, this is a long one, about like the holidays last year, remember when they pretty much locked down between Thanksgiving and Christmas, it was absolutely horrible! Come on TH let them boys out for a bit, let them shower, stretch their legs and call their ladies for goodness sakes!!!!!!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluesmnm For This Useful Post:
4MyJoe (09-30-2014), Ladybug1411 (09-29-2014)
Old 09-29-2014, 03:12 PM
*Forever His*

Angry Over a week without call, email, or mail

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesmnm View Post
((((( FRUSTRATED)))))
Just curious, has anyone received any mail? I haven't and usually on a lock down, he sends something out within a day or two and this time, NOTHING. I suspect they are holding their mail too....

Maribel
Hi there Maribel,

I just wanted to reply to your question quickly and let you know that I have not heard from my hubby since Sat. 9/20. He was just recently transferred to Terre Haute so I am not used to this no mail lockdown thing. I have never experienced anything like this before and it is driving me absolutely crazy! Usually I too receive letters at least when he is unable to call or email... I didn't know they could/would hold mail... it's just wrong. Anyways, I feel your frustration and I'm eagerly waiting to hear something too. Hang in there
Old 09-29-2014, 03:20 PM
*Forever His*

Default Same here....

Hi there Maribel,

I just wanted to reply to your question quickly and let you know that I have not heard from my hubby since Sat. 9/20. He was just recently transferred to Terre Haute so I am not used to this no mail lockdown thing. I have never experienced anything like this before and it is driving me absolutely crazy! Usually I too receive letters at least when he is unable to call or email... I didn't know they could/would hold mail... it's just wrong. Anyways, I feel your frustration and I'm eagerly waiting to hear something too. Hang in there
The Following User Says Thank You to 4eversmilin For This Useful Post:
bluesmnm (09-29-2014)
Old 09-29-2014, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesmnm View Post
Yep, I totally remember that. I want to go In November but the way things are going, I'm not sure it would be a good idea. A friend of mine went two weeks ago at the first part of this lock down and was turned completely away for the entire weekend visit, and she traveled from Canada. That's just ashame all the money we spend on traveling, many of us single moms and they have no regard to all the hardship we endure in efforts to keep our families together. My daughter is dying to see her Dad but I can't afford a trip and be turned away. We follow all their rules and yet, they treat us like inmates rather than the ones out here giving them something to hold on to.

Sorry, I'm venting now

Maribel
Your so right about that!!
I'm so afraid every time I go to be turned away, live 5 hours away so it takes planning and money to go it just drives me nuts! I don't relax until I get in and get settled and finally see him that's for sure!! This stinks big time!!
Old 09-29-2014, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4eversmilin View Post
Hi there Maribel,

Hang in there girl, I guess we can all sit here and wait impatiently together lol
Old 09-30-2014, 12:04 AM

Now that you mention it I haven't gotten any mail either. TH is a poorly run prison. I had heard stories awhile ago involving the prison and the local post office, there was some big issue about the mail having to be re-routed out of the town itself due to mail tampering. Some crazy drama.
But I'm not surprised. Now I did hear from another woman whose man is at TH who did get a letter and it said there was a brutal stabbing involving the whites and the Mexicans....so this lockdown may be to prevent retaliation. For them to be a USP they sure don't handle crisis well. Why does the entire inmate population have to suffer behind the actions of a few?!
bluesmnm (09-30-2014), Ladybug1411 (09-30-2014)
Old 09-30-2014, 12:24 AM

We've had to write Headquarters here in DC about the lack of medical care our loved one is receiving. This last reply basically told us that we would need to contact the prison directly which was shocking to us. Also, when you go on the BOP's website and you want to voice a concern about an inmate, you now have to select the prison where your concerns needs to routed to. This is a change from before. It's like the BOP regional or HQ is not dealing with inmate issues anymore, they want each prison to deal with its own problems. This is not a good thing because often times it's the prison and staff that are the problem. There is no oversight, it's like they are putting the ball right back in each prison's court and it force the inmate to file numerous BP's to address a problem. They control the mail and what gets out. It seems that once I noticed this shift, they went on this extended lockdown and if we go online to complain, it's getting sent right back to Terre Haute. It is a lose lose situation for us and our men. Has anyone else noticed this?
bluesmnm (09-30-2014)
Old 09-30-2014, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Now that you mention it I haven't gotten any mail either. TH is a poorly run prison. I had heard stories awhile ago involving the prison and the local post office, there was some big issue about the mail having to be re-routed out of the town itself due to mail tampering. Some crazy drama.
But I'm not surprised. Now I did hear from another woman whose man is at TH who did get a letter and it said there was a brutal stabbing involving the whites and the Mexicans....so this lockdown may be to prevent retaliation. For them to be a USP they sure don't handle crisis well. Why does the entire inmate population have to suffer behind the actions of a few?!
I'm glad to hear someone finally got a letter, puts me at ease just a smidge but I'm still hoping to hear from mine today, I'm gonna be standing at my mailbox waitin on the mail lady with a cool beverage! Lol fingers crossed
Old 09-30-2014, 08:44 AM

Default letter yesterday

Quote:
I'm glad to hear someone finally got a letter, puts me at ease just a smidge but I'm still hoping to hear from mine today, I'm gonna be standing at my mailbox waitin on the mail lady with a cool beverage! Lol fingers crossed
Got a letter yesterday. he said the co's said they might get off lockdown on monday.
bluesmnm (09-30-2014)
Old 09-30-2014, 08:48 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,522 Times in 11,940 Posts

4 my joe: If you are being stonewalled by bop headquarters over medical care, be sure to check with fed cure to see if they are able to help.
http://www.fedcure.org/