Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > FEDERAL PRISON SYSTEM > Federal Prisons > Terre Haute Federal Prisons
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Terre Haute Federal Prisons Topics and discussion specific to USP Terre Haute and FCI Terre Haute in Terre Haute, Indiana.

Old 11-30-2015, 05:28 PM

Question FCI Blocked?

Hello,
I mail a guy a FCI Terre Haute and I live in New Zealand so obviously takes a while to get a letter back. The first letter got there and back in 36 days, and the second in 40, but the last one I sent still isn't here and it's been 51 days. I am starting to think it may have gotten declined so I emailed the prison asking if you get told if it got declined, but they still haven't replied after 6 days. Could they have blocked me? :-) Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2015, 07:03 PM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 20,494 Times in 11,920 Posts

He can check with the mailroom during their "open house" hours, or ask his counselor. My guess is you aren't blocked but are just experiencing mailroom incompetence.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:46 AM

Thanked 1,115 Times in 526 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloopey View Post
Hello,
I mail a guy a FCI Terre Haute and I live in New Zealand so obviously takes a while to get a letter back. The first letter got there and back in 36 days, and the second in 40, but the last one I sent still isn't here and it's been 51 days. I am starting to think it may have gotten declined so I emailed the prison asking if you get told if it got declined, but they still haven't replied after 6 days. Could they have blocked me? :-) Thanks in advance.
The mail in prison has both good and bad times when it runs good it is fast and inmates get it quick and respond quick. During a good time my letters go full circle every 2 weeks.
But during bad times it can run incredibly slow. During a bad time my letters can take about 6 weeks to 2 months. Starting around the holidays it is normal for mail to run slower.
There are lots of things you have to factor in when you are dealing with prison mail. The time to travel, the time to get processed, the person writing to you (if they wrote back right away or took their time), the facility situation if they go on lock down your guy cannot make purchases like stamps envelops and writing supplies, if the person had the money to purchase the items to write you back, and the persons situation if they get in a funk and are depressed they be evaluated for a mental health hold and are heavily restricted until they deemed not a danger to themselves and others.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fire Struck For This Useful Post:
bloopey (12-01-2015)
Old 12-01-2015, 10:16 AM

Maybe try writing again. Over the course of the years, I've had many letters get "lost" in the abyss of that place called a mailroom at various prisons. It just happens that way sometimes. I wouldn't go on the assumption you've been blocked; I'm sure there's a perfectly logical reason as to why he hasn't written back. My guess would be he probably didn't receive the letter or he did write back and it never got mailed. The possibilities are endless.
The Following User Says Thank You to pretzellogic79 For This Useful Post:
bloopey (12-01-2015)
Old 12-02-2015, 12:07 AM

Thanked 1,115 Times in 526 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by pretzellogic79 View Post
Maybe try writing again. Over the course of the years, I've had many letters get "lost" in the abyss of that place called a mailroom at various prisons. It just happens that way sometimes. I wouldn't go on the assumption you've been blocked; I'm sure there's a perfectly logical reason as to why he hasn't written back. My guess would be he probably didn't receive the letter or he did write back and it never got mailed. The possibilities are endless.
Yeah I forgot about it getting lost in the mail. None of my letters have got lost yet thankfully and you are right the possibilities are endless. I remember for a few weeks straight my man forgot to put my apt # on the letters. So I was getting upset that I wasn't getting any letters and he kept swearing he wrote and I was convinced that the mailroom hated him and was holding my mail hostage. Finally the letters started coming back to him and he was like "Oh baby I'm so sorry don't hate me."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fire Struck For This Useful Post:
bloopey (12-02-2015), fbopnomore (12-02-2015)