Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > U.S. REGIONAL FORUMS > OHIO > Ohio Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Ohio Parole, Probation, Work Release, Halfway Houses & Community Service All information relating to parole, probation, halfway houses, community service and electronic monitoring in Ohio should be posted here.

Old 05-10-2017, 08:39 PM

Default Does parole notify landlord of parolee

I currently live in a apartment and have for 2years. My husband is in California and being transfered here to ohio....hopefully. My question is when parole comes to check my apartment will they contact my landlord. Because my husband isn't on the lease but he was a resident in the same apartment for year-and-a-half. Anybody on here have any experience with parole here in Ohio? Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Old 01-05-2018, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angestar44041 View Post
I currently live in a apartment and have for 2years. My husband is in California and being transfered here to ohio....hopefully. My question is when parole comes to check my apartment will they contact my landlord. Because my husband isn't on the lease but he was a resident in the same apartment for year-and-a-half. Anybody on here have any experience with parole here in Ohio? Thanks in advance

I would like to know the same.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:00 PM

Would it be a problem with the landlord do you think? If for the 1.5 years he was there went well I see no reason he wouldn't welcome him back. I'd tell the landlord on my own. That way you have a solid place to bring him instead of potentially risking being homeless for a period of time between houses. Besides, if you potentially violate the lease, he could withhold your security deposit and I'm sure it's important to you being able to move.
Old 01-05-2018, 07:31 PM

Thanked 10,605 Times in 5,817 Posts

ALWAYS anticipate that a landlord, especially if they are on-site, will be a collateral contact for the PO. They kill two birds with one stone on a visit that way...

Further, even if the PO does not make contact with the landlord directly, they may well learn that a felon is on the premises. If your lease prohibits felons in the residence, then you have even MORE problems.

As others noted, if he is going to be living there, then you need to let the landlord know that 1) he is going to be there and 2) he will be on paper.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CenTexLyn For This Useful Post:
missingdee (01-05-2018), Ms Sunny (01-05-2018)