Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > FOR FAMILY & FRIENDS > Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered People in Prison
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual and Transgendered People in Prison For anyone that has a same sex partner, family member, friend or Pen Pal in prison that is Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, or Transgendered.

Old 04-28-2019, 08:35 PM

Default Confused

I’ve been talking to an inmate for about two years. I’ve visited him once for eight hours two days in a row. It was my first time visiting a jail so I was a little taken aback because they searched me VERY thoroughly , Went through my vehicle, made me change my clothes etc. Now this wasn’t anything I wasn’t expecting it just rattled me a little. I never told him this cuz I didn’t want to hurt his feelings. Anyway the visit was great for what it was. It was in a crowded cafeteria so obviously there was only so much we could do/talk about. So a couple of months later I asked him if he wanted me to visit for his bday. He said yes, but I could hear in his voice that he didn’t. I haven’t brought it up since then and neither has he. I’m just a bit confused now. I know what you all are going to say, and it’s nothing I haven’t thought already myself. I’m just looking for someone with a similar situation to shed some light. Is there something else that could be making him reticent or is it me

Last edited by parisg1990; 04-28-2019 at 08:37 PM..
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2019, 01:54 AM
Lil British Site Moderator

Staff Superstar Winner PTO Site Moderator 

Thanked 11,307 Times in 4,694 Posts

Hi there it sounds like he isn’t keen on another visit and neither are you. He is a pen pal you aren’t in a relationship so you have no obligation. I would leave it and see if he mentions it again. I very much doubt it you it’s just the whole visit thing. Some inmates aren’t keen on visits.

Who cares what they say about us? Because when I am with you I am standing with an army.
Old 04-29-2019, 05:36 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,648 Times in 13,033 Posts

Visits aren't easy to accomplish for anyone, so why not consider giving it some more time before trying again?
Old 04-29-2019, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
Visits aren't easy to accomplish for anyone, so why not consider giving it some more time before trying again?

Hello! Thanks for responding. I probably should’ve mentioned that first visit was a little over a year ago. Idk I just thought he’d like another visit because I know I would if our situations were reversed. Also, forgive me if I sound ignorant but what do you mean visits are hard on everyone? There’s no real effort required from him but to show up no?
The Following User Says Thank You to parisg1990 For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-29-2019)
Old 04-29-2019, 08:29 AM
CA, LASO, site sug. SUPER MOD

PTO Super Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 31,264 Times in 15,610 Posts

I think fbopnomore meant emotionally difficult. It may or my not apply in all situations.

As to your situation with not being sure about a return visit.......why not just ask?
Or ask him to tell you when might be a good time for you to visit again. Then drop it.

That's my dog's nose art

Old 04-29-2019, 10:00 AM
Site Moderator

PTO Site Moderator Staff Superstar Winner 

Donation Award 

Thanked 22,648 Times in 13,033 Posts

They are difficult for a number of reasons, including emotionally. There is also the travel, travel costs, being subjected to intrusive searches (including strip searches for the inmate) and often having to deal with prison/jail employees who are less than helpful or friendly. Even so, most everyone who visits a prisoner, and the prisoners they visit, feel that the positives make it worthwhile to deal with the negatives.
Old 04-29-2019, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbopnomore View Post
They are difficult for a number of reasons, including emotionally. There is also the travel, travel costs, being subjected to intrusive searches (including strip searches for the inmate) and often having to deal with prison/jail employees who are less than helpful or friendly. Even so, most everyone who visits a prisoner, and the prisoners they visit, feel that the positives make it worthwhile to deal with the negatives.
True. I always think about what my guy has to go through just to see me when I visit but he still asks to see me when I can. They also have the emotional aspect of seeing someone that reminds them of home/being on the outside and that can be really sad and depressing at times.
The Following User Says Thank You to DailyLimitReach For This Useful Post:
fbopnomore (04-30-2019)