Welcome to the Prison Talk Online Community! Take a Minute and Sign Up Today!

Go Back   Prison Talk > AROUND THE WORLD > South & Central America, Caribbean Prison & Criminal Justice Topics
Register Entertainment FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

South & Central America, Caribbean Prison & Criminal Justice Topics Discussions and Information about South and Central American and Caribbean Prisons, Jails, the Criminal Justice System, etc.

Old 07-10-2011, 12:40 PM

Default Cancun Jail?

I was wondering if anybody knows anything about the local jail in Cancun, Mexico?

I was hear about how crazy and violent Mexican jails are, and I am sure some of them are, but I was locked up for a couple of months in a jail in Cancun and the place was pretty cool... BUT... I was on a tiny block with about 35 other people, and our block was attached to the rest of the main prison but separate from it. Does anybody know why?

I was just an English tourist at the time, though I have served time in many UK prisons. Some Mexican guy started giving me crap in the street so I beat his ass, and he ran to the police saying I had robbed him. I hadn't.

I was put in a jail in Cancun that was one huge, one room unit with hammocks. We had TV, kitchen, good food, weed, beer, barbecue. It was all Mexicans except me, and American and a Brazilian. Everyone was pretty chilled and it wasn't hard at all. I just borrowed some books and spent most of my time reading until my lawyer got me released.

But what is up with that? Why was the unit so small? Was it maybe some kind of protective custody and they just put me in there because I was English? That could be the case because there was no violence or anything so maybe all the other inmates were scared to cause trouble in case they got put in general pop. I dunno, I was cool with everyone but I didn't really give a sh!t why they were there so I didn't ask.

It was a unique jail experience though, but I can't find any information about the place at all. If anyone knows anything I would love to hear about it.
Sponsored Links